Problems With A Picasso 917

cursivedragon
Rate Topic 0

cursivedragon

I have a Picasso 917 that I've only used for a short period of time but several problems have developed with it. It's not a common item, but there are a few reviews here and there on FPN, hopefully someone has experience with it.

Firstly, shortly after beginning to use it, I noticed what I though were scratches on the "hood" section of the pen. However, every once in awhile, I would notice small amounts of some transparent material flaking off of the pen, after which the degree of "scratching" would seem to decrease. This leads me to believe that I'm not seeing scratches in the pen itself but cracks in some film or something that covers that portion of the pen. I tried to manually remove this "film" completely to improve appearances but this has proven impossible so far. Does anyone know what this material is and how i can remove what's left of it?

Secondly, while I was cleaning out the pen today, I noticed that the paper I was wiping it with was drawing ink out from the seam between the hood and grip, meaning there is a leak there. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove and reattach the hood like you can with the P51?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cursivedragon

• picassopen

Top Posters In This Topic