Iphone Problems - Fixed As Of 2015-05-13 19:11 Edt / 00:11 Bst !

wimg

As to the battery on an iPhone: I just assumed it can be removed, as I can do so with my mobile Android devices - I have no personal experience with iPhones.

Regarding silent patches for IOS: I do know they occur, I trust the person telling me so.

I'm 99.99% sure silent patches do not occur. Even for very minor issues, Apple release an x.x.1 iterative update - each build is tested fairly extensively by Apple then by developers before being released to the public precisely to prevent issues slipping through the net - of course, that still doesn't always work! I've been developing apps for iOS for the past few years and it's bad enough keeping up with testing on all the betas - at one point earlier this year, I was testing on the 8.2 release candidate, the 8.3 beta and the 8.4 beta! - there's no way silent patches could be tested internally, seeded and installed without the build numbers changing or somebody noticing. Some (most...) Apple folk seem very anal when it comes to what software version it's running...

Anyway, I'm sorry to see that there's been issues regarding logging in on iPhone, I imagine it's a frustrating problem! I did notice it this morning but presumed I typed my password in wrong or something.

It sounds like an authentication issue to me but I can't claim to have any deep knowledge of running a website with hashed and salted passwords etc so it could be anything.

Hope you work it out soon!

Parker 75, Ingenuity, Premier, Sonnet, Urban | Pelikan M400 | TWSBI Diamond 580 | Visconti Rembrandt

Currently inked: Diamine Apple Glory (Rembrandt), Pelikan 4001 Turquoise (M400), Lamy Black (Diamond 580)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Fabienne

• Ghost Plane

• Cyber6

Actually, I did have some problems logging in on Android this afternoon. I was sure I typed my name and PW correct but it gave the wron password screen 3 times. The 4th it took.

This was on a NEW browser (for me) (Sleipnir) so it could not have been a cache problem. Works fine, now.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Well, we're working on it still.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I'm having issues on my iPhone 5S.

Using safari browser. On my home screen I had a bookmark icon created for "My New Content" page.

Whenever I tap on it, I see the following:

[#10146] You do not have permission to use the search system.

Below that message there's a link for "Click here to log in".

Going through that I am unable to successfully login even though I'm supplying the correct password.

I've rebooted the iPhone, and I've also tried to clear the cache by going the following route:

Settings > Safari > "Clear History and Website Data"

This should clear the cache on the safari browser.

Neither reboot nor clearing cache causes the problem to resolve.

Additionally, I haven't done any kind of updates on my phone.

Regarding silent patches for IOS: I do know they occur, I trust the person telling me so.

Wim,

My point is that even if silent updates would happen, in my case that can't be the case as I did not do any downloads in the last week. I only do downloads and updates via a USB connection on my home computer, not over the air. As I was abroad I did not do any updates.

Anyway, good luck! Lucas

Yes, well, we are a few steps further now.

We found that there likely is some kind of corruption somewhere, something small, which only affects iPhones - don't ask why, because we already reloaded all iPhone stuff, as far as we are aware of it anyway.

This because all works well on our freshly installed test sites, and because a reduction of the main test site, which is a straight copy of FPN, to really the barest of levels, with even less than the freshly installed test sites, still shows the same problem.

If it comes to the worst, we may have to do a complete rebuild of FPN, but we are first establishing if a complete software refresh fixes the problem. We are doing that right now on the main test site.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I'm glad to find this being looked into. My iPhone is the main way that I interact with this forum and I am largely unable to participate when that capability is no longer functional. I've been having difficulty since Saturday. I'll look forward to the repair. Thanks for being all over it Wim.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Thank you!

We have been cleaning out old stuff as well while investigating this - essentially all the remnants of running the board for 11 years, with continuous upgrades, updated, and moving between 3rd party apps and add-ons as well :).

We're close to doing some tests again, on our main test site.

Unfortunately it is well past bed time again for me (4 am), so it looks like we will only know more tomorrow, as the American, or rather, Canadian cavalry team takes over now :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Latest status update:

After cleaning out the database and software completely, removing all gunk left behind from the last 11 years op upgrades, updates, and software no longer used, doing a refresh of the software itself, and doing a complete repair of the database, we now get consistent errors when trying to log in with an iPhone. Everything else works fine.

We have logged a ticket with our software supplier, as it is a very specific problem now, and in the mean time we have started rebuilding the site from scratch on our test site, to see what needs to be done to fix this problem if we do not get an answer, or not in time.

Rebuilding the site from scratch also means we will get an idea of how much time it will take to do this if and when we have to do the same for real, on our live site here :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I would truly like to extend my thanks to all those involved in this upgrade/repair. :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

The work of all the volunteers who keep this forum going is absolutely wonderful. Thank you.

Edited to add: and yes I posted this using my ancient iPhone.

Edited by meiers

The work of all the volunteers who keep this forum going is absolutely wonderful. Thank you.

Edited to add: and yes I posted this using my ancient iPhone.

Your ancient one, not a new one?

I assume it is not running iOS 7.1 or 8.3?

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Just checking in again. Looks to be working from my iPhone at present. I'm able to log in and post again from mobile.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

working here on my iPhone 6

http://stubblefield.me Inks Available for Sample Exchange: Noodler's Black, Blue Black, Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Sherwood Green, Tanzanite, Velvet Black, De Atramentis Aubergine, J. Herbin Lie de The, 1670 Rouge Hematite, Bleu Ocean, Lamy Turquoise, Rohrer & Klingner Salix, Sheaffer Skrip Blue-Black, OS Red Rubber Ball, Parker Quink Blue (India version)

Yep, a solution was implemented about 50 minutes ago, and in the mean time verified by us too :).

It was an issue with a changing goalpost regarding mobile users and Google. The rules changed a few days ago, causing this problem.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Yay, happy happy joy joy

Responding from my iPhone 6

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Woot! I'm in! Didn't even have to sign in, it automagically did it. Thank you do much for figuring out so quickly.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein