Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Are 1911 S And L Grinded The Same Way?

PingleiHe

I know that the pilot 823 and the 74 are not very diffrent in terms of the shape of the tipping but the 823 is larger and the refilling system is more complexe.

Do you guys find that to be the case with the 1911s?

I'm considering buying a M nib japanese fountain pen for math and physics exams.

And I'm curious about this......

I'm hesitating between buying a vanishing point fine nib replacement and a 1911 standard.

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinta

• PingleiHe

• Algester

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

as I understand the S and the L have different nib grades 14kt and 18kt gold nibs would that affect the tipping and grind maybe in some ways we do know the 18kt is a bit stiffer compared to the 14kt so no one knows how it will react when ground

as opposed to Pilot's purel 14kt nibs on all of their open nib pens except Namiki... not sure about Namiki if they make 18kt nib for their emepror

Though all my Sailor nibs are the smaller 14K versions, I'd wager a guess that the actual width of the tipping & the style of grind would be the same for the larger Sailor 21K nibs.

It wound not make sense for a 21K Medium nib to be a wider than a 14K nib of the same Medium grade. This would create confusion for the consumer

The physical size of each Sailor gold nib series is different, the feel of these nibs while in use may be different, but the actual tipping (grade) sizes should be similar between the 14K & 21K nibs.

At least, to me this makes sense, but...........

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)