Edsal17

Gonna be there on Friday. It's finalized. Woot!

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpenlady

• AAAndrew

• GardenWeasel

• MrThoth

Will see you there!

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Looking forward to the show. This will be my first time at this one. Already putting together the mental shopping list of what repairs I need to have done, and to which tables to take them. I do have to remember to contact a couple of people ahead of time and say "Could you make sure you've got x with you?"

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Looking forward to the show. This will be my first time at this one. Already putting together the mental shopping list of what repairs I need to have done, and to which tables to take them. I do have to remember to contact a couple of people ahead of time and say "Could you make sure you've got x with you?"

What day(s) will you be there?

I'm going to fill out my name tag with my AAAndrew name. Maybe we should wear red carnations? :)

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

-Montaigne

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'll have "MrThoth" on my nametag underneath my name, and I'll wear my Thoth ring to boot, so if you see me please say hi. ;)

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

I'm going to fill out my name tag with my AAAndrew name. Maybe we should wear red carnations? :)

:lticaptd: Look for a woman with red cat eye glasses, that will be me. I may wear a hat, but doubt it, too hot this time around. I will also have a green pouch crossbody. I am thinking now I will attend on Saturday.

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

:lticaptd: Look for a woman with red cat eye glasses, that will be me. I may wear a hat, but doubt it, too hot this time around. I will also have a green pouch crossbody. I am thinking now I will attend on Saturday. Also, remember we had asked whether we could have a Meet up table and he did agree, yet we have not reminded him of it yet.

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

I am going to make a serious effort to look at folks around me...but it is hard. Real hard - with all those pens begging for attention! :)

I am going to make a serious effort to look at folks around me...but it is hard. Real hard - with all those pens begging for attention! :)

Yeah right! This year I am going to make you guess! :lticaptd:

Look for a woman with red cat eye glasses

This sounds like the start to a James Bond movie. Do the glasses have a concealed laser, or x-ray viewing capabilities? :)

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

This sounds like the start to a James Bond movie. Do the glasses have a concealed laser, or x-ray viewing capabilities? :)

:lol: If I told you more, I would have to harm you and that would not be good for we fountain pen enthusiast to start off introducing ourselves to each other and using them as weapons immediately afterwards. Besides, I write with extra fine points. :lticaptd:

I'll be wearing cargo-type pants (too many pockets for regular pants), and carrying a small, dark-khaki, canvas shoulder bag. My goatee is also getting bushier and whiter as I age gracefully. And my name tag will read AAAndrew. I should be hanging out much of the day on Friday. I'll be signing up for Susan Wirth's workshop at 1:00.

If anyone is interested in Pelikan pens and will be there on Saturday, Tom's session at 2:00 on the early years of Pelikan should be really good. He's been collecting them pretty seriously for decades. He is so into them he's a licensed dealer.

See you all there!

-Montaigne

I always use my screen name on the name tags, so people know who I am. Except of course for DC, where the day pass just gets you a ticket, and not an actual name tag. (Hey -- anyone know offhand if you can pay at the door with plastic, or if t's just cash? I'm on a budget and trying to reserve cash for buying stuff or paying for repairs; hotel, gas, food and (hopefully) some purchases/repairs are going on plastic as much as is humanly possible. Because in a couple of weeks we're dropping a seriously large wad of cash on food supplies, a 24' box truck, and travel expenses (with no guarantee of turning a profit...).

I'll be there Friday and Saturday for sure. Sunday is going to depend partly on whether I get everything done repair-wise before then, and also what the weather is like (it's roughly an 8 hour drive from Pittsburgh -- and that doesn't count for stopping for gasoline, food, and the fact that I can't sit in a car for longer than 2 hours at a stretch without being completely crippled). And it sounds as if I'm going to have chance of storms all the way down and all the way back.... :(

Wow. Just now realized -- by this time tomorrow I should be a good chunk of the way through West Virginia.... :thumbup: Unless of course I stop at antiques places en route (did the Fairmont batch a while back -- and that's when I picked up the cedar blue 51 Vac with the 16K GF cap); holding off for the Morgantown ones till I can get a friend who lived there for a while can go with me)....

Don't have a good feel for size. DCSS is of course huge, and Ohio is pretty big. The only other show I've been to was last fall's Commonwealth show, which was tiny by comparison.....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On your way down through WWWVA (Wild Wonderful West Virginia), you should stop at Tamarack. It's at exit 145 in Beckley. Good food (catered by the Greenbriar), and tons of fun arts and crafts from around the state. Everything from very high end hand-made furniture to glass and little knick-knacks. It's a good stopping place right at the end of 19. (I've done that drive before, several times, as my wife's from Pittsburgh)

Look forward to seeing you there!

-Montaigne

I always use my screen name on the name tags, so people know who I am. Except of course for DC, where the day pass just gets you a ticket, and not an actual name tag. (Hey -- anyone know offhand if you can pay at the door with plastic, or if t's just cash? I'm on a budget and trying to reserve cash for buying stuff or paying for repairs; hotel, gas, food and (hopefully) some purchases/repairs are going on plastic as much as is humanly possible. Because in a couple of weeks we're dropping a seriously large wad of cash on food supplies, a 24' box truck, and travel expenses (with no guarantee of turning a profit...).

I'll be there Friday and Saturday for sure. Sunday is going to depend partly on whether I get everything done repair-wise before then, and also what the weather is like (it's roughly an 8 hour drive from Pittsburgh -- and that doesn't count for stopping for gasoline, food, and the fact that I can't sit in a car for longer than 2 hours at a stretch without being completely crippled). And it sounds as if I'm going to have chance of storms all the way down and all the way back.... :(

Wow. Just now realized -- by this time tomorrow I should be a good chunk of the way through West Virginia.... :thumbup: Unless of course I stop at antiques places en route (did the Fairmont batch a while back -- and that's when I picked up the cedar blue 51 Vac with the 16K GF cap); holding off for the Morgantown ones till I can get a friend who lived there for a while can go with me)....

Don't have a good feel for size. DCSS is of course huge, and Ohio is pretty big. The only other show I've been to was last fall's Commonwealth show, which was tiny by comparison.....

You already sound like fun. Not to mention you are coming from one of my earlier places I wanted to live for longer than the two years spent at Pitt. Believe Tom (Coordinator of the TPS) takes cash and has one of those machines, know that many of the vendors have those swipe machines and since he has been putting this together for so long, believe I vaguely recall one of those swipe machines near him last year. You will like the area, calm and scenery wise beautiful. One way you see Cary, NC, the other way Morrisville, NC, which is a suburb of Raleigh also. Compared to DC, Atlanta and others, it is very tiny, comfortable though. For those who reside in NC, SC and those who choose to travel from surrounding areas, it is a an easy and relaxed speed. It happens in one Embassy's ballroom and there are also vendors in vestibule as you come into exact entrance of the hotel. Also, the various workshops are held close by the ballroom. I attended last year and there were several held right outside the ballroom and some held in a close by small conference room. The ballroom where held last year was to the right side of the Embassy if facing it straight ahead of you. Last year a Pelikan Vendor and someone selling leather accessories ushered the way before you saw where you register to enter the Pen Show. In any case, you won't be able to miss it, you will be able to tell because of the vendors in the hallway. There will no doubt be other conferences, etc. going on so the Embassy will be hopping, but plenty of fountain pen folks to keep you company and welcome you. I am airing out my hats. If they air in time, I may wear one for identification and my nametag with my screen name also. Be safe and see you there. :D

On your way down through WWWVA (Wild Wonderful West Virginia), you should stop at Tamarack. It's at exit 145 in Beckley. Good food (catered by the Greenbriar), and tons of fun arts and crafts from around the state. Everything from very high end hand-made furniture to glass and little knick-knacks. It's a good stopping place right at the end of 19. (I've done that drive before, several times, as my wife's from Pittsburgh)

Attended Pitt for graduate school. Fond memories of the 'Burgh.... :)

Yeah, been there. One time I was leafing through one of those local history books at one shop, and looking at the one for Upshur County, WV, where my grandmother's ancestors are from.

The problem is that the times I stopped at Tamarack there were other people in the car. This time I'm by myself, and can't do more than a couple of hours behind the wheel with stopping. Tamarack may or may not fall in one of the stop point windows.

Already got one fixed, bought an Esterbrook and aWaterman with a great flex nib for $120, tried every flex nib in the place and still ready for more.

-Montaigne