Edsal17

Arriving Friday around noon. Hope to see everyone there. Safe trip to all. Best wishes, Barry

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpenlady

• AAAndrew

• GardenWeasel

• MrThoth

Arriving Friday around noon. Hope to see everyone there. Safe trip to all. Best wishes, Barry

Safe Journey to you as well. Depending on what time I rise in the morning, I should be there hopefully in enough time to peruse at leisure before making any major decision regarding splurges, I mean well-thought out purchases of things I definitely need more of in order to really thrive well. :lticaptd:

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Hoping to leave here in about three hours so I can check in to the hotel about noon and then get registered and prepare to hit the dealer's room when it opens. Safe travels to one and all and I look forward to seeing everyone there. :)

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

I'll be wearing a short sleeve pale green shirt and khaki's and carrying a rusty-colored small shoulder bag with my pens for repair and sale/trade. Come up and introduce yourself.

Sorry, fresh out of red carnations. :)

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Hoping to leave here in about three hours so I can check in to the hotel about noon and then get registered and prepare to hit the dealer's room when it opens. Safe travels to one and all and I loolk forward to seeing everyone there. :)

Great tip, planning on seeing whether I can also check in early and then find way from hotel to show. Need to first board a bird named Shaka for a duel adventure for us both. I'll be wearing a hat.

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

I'll be wearing a short sleeve pale green shirt and khaki's and carrying a rusty-colored small shoulder bag with my pens for repair and sale/trade. Come up and introduce yourself.

Sorry, fresh out of red carnations. :)

I'll look for you and say hello. No red pen? No red bottled ink? Fountainpenladys don't quibble over red carnations, or lack of but those other 2 options....😀

Sorry, I only have one red pen and it's a cheap Pilot 78G. I'll be sporting a 1960's MB 12, and a very modest brown Sheaffer Statesman vacuum filler. Maybe I'll have to find myself a big, bold red pen! (any excuse will do for any purchase today)

See you there!

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

-Montaigne

Was wondering about the eating situation. :lticaptd:

I've always found roadfood.com a good resource when looking for a place to eat while on the road. It's not fine dining, more like the 70-year old place that still makes lime rickeys or whatever the local or regional specialty is. This may find you too late to be of much use but file it away for the future.

http://roadfood.com/Restaurants/SearchResults.aspx?st=latlong&latlongid=249&ob=LatLon

I'll be wearing a hat.

I'll have on a black button-down shirt (oooh, sinister! :) ) with a Cross Townsend Lapis FP in the breast pocket (because how could I not, really?), and my Thoth, Australian black opal, and Duke class rings on. If there are registration badges mine will be in a black badge-holder that says "Hero Games" in green. My right arm will look like I've been in some sort of knife fight, though in fact I've only been playing with my cat. ;)

MrThoth

Well it turns out that I can't make it this year because something came up, which is strange because something else happened last year so this is the second year in a row! Does anybody know any other pen shows in the states around North Carolina?

If anybody wants to buy a FPR triveni, a waterman's crusader with a modified barrel, or faber castell pitt brush pens I have one just for you!

Sorry, I only have one red pen and it's a cheap Pilot 78G. I'll be sporting a 1960's MB 12, and a very modest brown Sheaffer Statesman vacuum filler. Maybe I'll have to find myself a big, bold red pen! (any excuse will do for any purchase today)

See you there![e

/quote]

It was definitely a pleasure meeting you! A friendly face behind our FPN interaction. You will not believe what happened...

Left the show and left behind my entire pen collection where you saw me sitting. Never realized it, lost in rush hour traffic and no gps.

Thought my pens gone forever. An angel turned them all into Terry, can not relay how grateful. Hand written letter of gratitude due that person care of terry. Staying for the calligraphy session on Saturday. Franklin-Christophe first stop and splurged tremendously. Fun.

Well it turns out that I can't make it this year because something came up, which is strange because something else happened last year so this is the second year in a row! Does anybody know any other pen shows in the states around North Carolina?

No this is the only one. Closest would have been in Atlanta and that has already happened.

I enjoyed meeting you as well. I wish I had had more time to talk but I was off to a session on pen repair run by Ron Zorn. I also got a chance to meet

Aetheric Continua in that session as well.

I've posted a quick and dirty recount of my very modest (but fun) haul. I wish I could get back this weekend but I have family obligations all weekend.

Please add to my thread and let us all see what you were able to get at the show.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/291470-triangle-pen-show-report/

Have fun, and hopefully see you next year!

Andrew

-Montaigne

Haven't bought anything yet but one bit of Cross advertising, but have my eye on a couple of things. Hope to meet some of you tomorrow as I amble around the dealer's room. :)

MrThoth

Haven't bought anything yet but one bit of Cross advertising, but have my eye on a couple of things. Hope to meet some of you tomorrow as I amble around the dealer's room. :)

You did not purchase anything and believe I purchased almost everything at the Franklin-Christophe table in less than :30 minutes. :lticaptd:

I made several purchases earlier today -- couple of beautiful Wahl-Eversharps, a Franklin-Christoph "Radiant Red" with a nice italic nib for wowing the students in my "How To Write Elvish" classes :), a Levenger True Writer also with italic nib. Am resting now but will probably make at least one more pass through the dealer's room. Still pondering some Diplomat pens and a couple of other (far too expensive) goodies. ;)

Have also obtained some nice display cases, proving yet again that I've essentially turned "collecting ways to display my fountain pens" into a distinct hobby. :D

Edited by MrThoth

MrThoth

Apologies, again. This is the Angel who found my new Franklin-Christophe Penvelope with all the pens which appear in my signature, except the Pelikan M800. A hand written thank you card with wax seal on the way soon as I return home. The following pictures are where I spent (Lori) all of my money on the first day and still excited to have my new acquisitions to take home with me.

Thanks Barkingpig for giving me the idea to share in pics the Triangle Pen Show 2015 experience, hope you enjoy. :)

For even more pictures follow AAAndrew's link below:

http://www.fountainp...en-show-report/

[/url]

[/url]
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab230/fountainpenlady_2009/Triangle%20Pen%20Show%20Snapshots%202015/100_2760.jpg
Edited by fountainpenlady

Great pics . I had Mr. Binder 'meister' 3 of my nibs, 2 Bexleys and 1 Pelikan M250. Perfect nibs now! I ask for one of the Bexley nibs to be set for the flow of Akkerman #10, iron gall...and with a small sample of the ink I provided - it's done & done right. It needed to be wetter flowing than a common wet setting. I also stepped to the right (physically), and easily convinced myself I desperately needed a Franklin-Christoph #66, with a medium stub nib. In Emerald Green of course! . Sigh! Great show!

Great pics . I had Mr. Binder 'meister' 3 of my nibs, 2 Bexleys and 1 Pelikan M250. Perfect nibs now! I ask for one of the Bexley nibs to be set for the flow of Akkerman #10, iron gall...and with a small sample of the ink I provided - it's done & done right. It needed to be wetter flowing than a common wet setting. I also stepped to the right (physically), and easily convinced myself I desperately needed a Franklin-Christoph #66, with a medium stub nib. In Emerald Green of course! . Sigh! Great show!

You sound as if you had a wonderful time getting your pen nibs modified. I am in a word pooped! Ready to return home. It has been a wonderful experience. I am hoping that those who could not attend, who wonder what a Pen Show is like will enjoy these pics. I got the idea from barkingpig. Thanks for returning me to working by doing something which I thoroughly enjoyed, taking pictures to share the experience. The couple, if it comes through of Reenie standing over her husband is the angel who found my collection of pens and gave them to Terry; they were waiting for me when I finally found my way back to the Embassy. An Angel. I concur, great show indeed!

Edited by fountainpenlady

You do know I spent ALL my money at the Franklin-Christophe table inside of :15 minutes upon entering the Pen Show on the first day don't you? :lticaptd: