Bung Box Tsuyuhikari (Dew Drop Light)

webgeckos

About this ink:

This is a special or seasonal ink made by Sailor for Bung Box. The name of the ink can be broken down as:

Tsuyu つゆ= dewdrop
Hikari ひかり=light, shine

So in my head I read it as Light shining on a dew drop. It matches a local tea, "Tsuyuhikari つゆひかり is a variety of a green tea plant that is grown in Omaezaki, Shizuoka-prefecture in Japan," according to my friend and colleague, Jesse (aka PenJockey.) Rumor has it if you request to sample this ink at Bung Box, they will brew you a cup of tea that perfectly matches this ink.

TESTING: Although I am generally not a fan of Green inks, I found this ink intriguing. It goes down as a light -- almost neon or bright lime green -- and begins to change almost instantly. It picks up strong olive green and light gold brown tones, almost dusky notes. Only in the Swab do you see it stay the same color as what is in the bottle.

The ink is quite wet, even in my dry 15 year-old Namiki Vanishing Point pen (F). I found it shaded nicely from light green to a deeper green. It takes roughly 7-8 seconds to be smear proof. As I wrote I noticed some sections of my writing were lighter and some were more of a light olive green.

There is shading, from light to a medium tone.

Paper used was HP 32 pound Prem. Laser.

I submit only a full scan as the camera kept moving toward blue.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/webgecko1webgeckos/BB_Tea%20Dew%20Drop_zpsxdjzytkq.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• webgeckos

• Ghost Plane

• vannesspen

• chromantic

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite inks. :D <3 Here is a photo of the sheet as well.

http://i.imgur.com/vXhdyYo.jpg

Jesse http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Bung Box inks are available at Vanness? Who knew?

But YOWZA! The prices! :yikes: I thought Iroshihzuku inks were pricy....

Thanks for the review, though -- that's a nice color.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Bung Box inks are available at Vanness? Who knew?

But YOWZA! The prices! :yikes: I thought Iroshihzuku inks were pricy....

Thanks for the review, though -- that's a nice color.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

For a REALLY nice color you should see their "FRESH ORANGES OF LAKE HAMANA" but I gotta say I loaded up a new calligraphy 1.4 pen that arrived this morning & their NOSTALGIA is mighty fine as well! I haven't met a Bung Box color that I don't like & if you think the Vanness price is expensive compare the offers for the same ink @ Amazon. The price there is $35.55 with $22.08 shipping. (With Vanness offering free shipping over $35.00 order I think it is a "steal!"

Now if they'll restock...

They are pretty good about ordering. BUT Mrs. Vanness said they never receive "ALL" they order! Sorta get what the BB wants to send "at a time."

This was the first time I have not seen a post in the classifieds announcing the arrival of a "fresh shipment." By the time you have selected your NEW stove & gotten your KittyKAT there will be MORE ink. ( And MY "KK" LOVES the ceramic stovetop! After I use it it makes a nice KK heating pad! And I don't really care because it is so easy to clean. I have a sneaking feeling my KK "goes where he pleases" whether I approve or not.)

I have been acquiring all the Bung Box inks from Vanness. I appreciate their efforts in acquiring these. I don't have this one, yet, but now I'm looking forward to it.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I'm also very appreciative of the Vanness' for carrying the Bung Box inks, as well as the Akkerman's. They are very good at notifying FPN when a shipment arrives. Only problem is that they sell out within hours of notification. Have to sleep with your finger on the "BUY" button.

I'm also very appreciative of the Vanness' for carrying the Bung Box inks, as well as the Akkerman's. They are very good at notifying FPN when a shipment arrives. Only problem is that they sell out within hours of notification. Have to sleep with your finger on the "BUY" button.

Think that's my problem. Working so hard I'm missing the notices. Whimper!

I've tried sleeping with my finger on the "BUY" button before. Is that how I ended up with 1500 bottles of BSB? Too bad it wasn't Parker Penman Sapphire instead.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I've tried sleeping with my finger on the "BUY" button before. Is that how I ended up with 1500 bottles of BSB? Too bad it wasn't Parker Penman Sapphire instead.

:rolleyes:

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Email and we pull it on arrival, before it is added to the site.

vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/VintagePen/vanness.jpg
Selling fountain pens, ink, paper & related items since 1938

I bet I can help you with the Pen man sapphire :)

I bet I can help you with the Pen man sapphire