First "bad" Experience With A Goulet Order (Completely Not Their Fault), It Deserves A Review Of When Things Go Wrong With A Goulet Order.

rakka

Is USPS being given the resources necessary to do the job we hope it will do? Probably not. Google "USPS and pension requirements". If you don't already know about this it will explain a lot. I hope we're not drifting too far off topic here. I'm as guilty as anyone, but it's a very important topic for all of us who order pens and parts and want them delivered in a timely, secure fashion.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rakka

• jordanjay29

• EBUCKTHORN

• KBeezie

Is USPS being given the resources necessary to do the job we hope it will do? Probably not. Google "USPS and pension requirements". If you don't already know about this it will explain a lot. I hope we're not drifting too far off topic here. I'm as guilty as anyone, but it's a very important topic for all of us who order pens and parts and want them delivered in a timely, secure fashion.

Yeah, this is definitely of a huge concern to me. I've ordered pens in the past and even have a few coming in now. This is something that can happen with anyone's order, regardless of the company. Makes me nervous and will make me especially mindful of what will be arriving for me. I've had items stolen from me in the past through USPS and I regret never filing a stolen items claim then. Usually it was free gifts from friends, one time it was an actual order of items via UPS (So that goes to show you that it doesn't matter the mailing service), and boy, did that have me seeing red...

Edited by Fountain-head

I cam into this topic concerned that I was going to find an awful Goulet Pens experience that would disappoint me and ruin my favorite retailer.

I'm so glad to see this was not the case, and that GP saved the day like they've been known to do.

Congrats on your new pen, OP, even though it came with some difficulty. Kudos to Goulet Pens for being the same honorable, reputable business we've all come to know and love over the years. I have never had any issues with them, and posts like these continue to assure me that I never will.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Goulets' wonderful service as well. I feel bad that the USPS has cost them money. I have a friend that ordered some cookies from a much-loved bakery and had them sent via USPS. The delivery got delayed due to snow (OK, no one's fault) but when she arrived at the post office to pick up her package, they brought out an obviously opened empty box! Even the postal worker admitted that it was clear that a postal employee had opened the box and taken the cookies, but they said that there wasn't anything they could do about it. The cookie company refunded her money. One more instance of a stand-up company taking the hit for a corrupt postal employee.

Hmm, sounds a bit suspicious to me. Seems that there is PLENTY that could have been done. USPS has it's own branch of law enforcement officers and your friend should have been offered the chance to file a report of the theft. I'm betting she was talking to the guilty party, or the postal clerk knew darn well who did take the cookies. :angry:

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

I hear only good things about Goulet.

I've had exceptional post-sale let-me-make-it-right service from Marco at Novelli, too (which involved international FedEx, which ain't cheap!).

And then I've had pathetically inferior don't-really-care-now-that-I-have-your-money 'tude from a popular seller here which I will gladly post puh-lenty more about once things have been straightened out. Thank goodness Yafa can be counted on to care about customer satisfaction and get things taken care of when the seller falls way way short.

Hi Rakka,

All I can say is, “WOW!” I can just imagine how deflated you must have felt when opening up an empty box. I placed an order with Amazon for some Pilot’s Iroshizuku Kon-Peki Ink, and when I opened the box, I was met with a cheap plastic kitchen veggie slicer/chopper. Amazon did finally send me the correct order, but I was extremely bummed when I didn’t get my ink.

I am new to fountain pens, and I have just recently been introduced to The Goulet Pen Co., and have watched several of Brian’s videos to help educate myself about the subject. He and the company are amazing. I have been purchasing from them exclusively for the past month or so and have spent a pretty penny. This brings me to a question I have for you. I have been on the fence about what my next pen purchase should be. I have a Lamy Al-Star, Lamy Vista, and a Pilot Metropolitan. These are all great for the school setting, as I am a teacher, but I was looking at the TWSBI 580AL on the Goulet site and wanted to hear your thoughts about the pen. I’m looking for a more upscale pen that I can enjoy using in my journal and more personal notes, etc. Maybe, if convinced, the Goulet’s will make back the money lost from your fiasco, because I am certain to buy my pen through their site. I have been so impressed with their level of care and integrity. It is not something we see much of anymore in the business world, so I am so happy to have been introduced to this wonderful site! I am telling all who wish to listen about how amazing this company is, and how you can rest assured that they will take care of everything!

Thanks!

-Cathy

So glad to hear this story. I, too, have had fantastic customer service from Goulet, so much so that they are my number one choice for online pen-related purchases. Even when I can get something cheaper from another vendor--which isn't that often--Goulet's service guarantees that I'll order from them. And the resources that Goulet's blog is for new FP users--that's icing on the cake.

A

Goulet customer service is top-notch. I noticed on a recent order from another company (unfortunately Goulet didn't have the two main items I was purchasing) had stepped up their service. Included was a personalized, handwritten note... no Tootsie Pop, bookmark, sticker, card with name of employee who packed my order or blue cling wrap however. :( I love it when the Goulets and Tardiffs of the world force others to step up their game. Free Market capitalism at its finest!

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

so

tl:dr no one has reported a report on USPS for stolen goods by their own employees? I mean sure this happens to other PSs as well, or at least I mean sure they might be underpaid but seriously they have to step up their customer security claims as well

I recently received a bottle of ink in a trade, in which the bottle had broken and leaked in transit. The sender and I sent in a claim, and we got back only the money for the ink itself, not the shipping.

Moral of the story: USPS clearly only insures the contents of their shipments, not their service. I guess I'm just lucky nobody will drink a bottle of ink as a snack.

Goulet customer service is top-notch. I noticed on a recent order from another company (unfortunately Goulet didn't have the two main items I was purchasing) had stepped up their service. Included was a personalized, handwritten note... no Tootsie Pop, bookmark, sticker, card with name of employee who packed my order or blue cling wrap however. :( I love it when the Goulets and Tardiffs of the world force others to step up their game. Free Market capitalism at its finest!

And yesterday I received life savers from Anderson Pen after having a video of them thanking me for the order after it was placed. You can't get much more personal than a video of both the Andersons offering their thanks as part of the order placement!

I've also had an experience with Goulet Pens that I'd like to share. I ordered a Standard International converter, but received a Parker converter instead. When I contacted customer support to request an exchange, they told me I could keep the converter and they'd send me a new one right away free of charge, which they did. They even included another tootsie pop! LOL

Great customer support, they will always be my favourite store.

Pilot Custom 823, Pelikan M600, Platinum 3776 Century (x2), Pelikan 400NN, Sailor 1911L, Pilot Elite 95s, TWSBI Vac 700, Noodler's Neponset, Hero 9018.

Yep! That's the Goulet Pen Company I know & love!

They're ALWAYS ready to help and ALWAYS cheerful about it.
Thanks for posting your story with its happy ending.
I wouldn't expect anything else, if dealing with Goulet.
Enjoy you new TWSBI and curses to him/her who took the first.

BTW, the fact that the package was sent on and the only thing missing was the pen, says to me that whoever did this knew what they were taking, (might even be a pen enthusiast or wanna-be) and probably saw the Goulet logo on the box. Why not take the entire package? In a way, sending it on ravaged, is more disturbing than never getting the package at all and certainly leaves all kinds of clues to investigate (far more than no package at all.)

Edited by eyesa