My First Order From Rakuten Came In!!

Gizumi

I'm so happy! It left on the 14th of April, and arrived today on the 20th! I didn't even know that things could ship from across the world so quickly!

I'd like to do a review of them at some point, as I haven't seen any of these on the reviews sub or anything. Granted, it is only a recolor of the Clear Candy, but it doesn't seem many people have reviewed it, anyway. What do y'all think?

http://i.imgur.com/LqyZcAR.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/vlYSAMx.jpg?1

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• frogbaby

• Gizumi

• zchen

Top Posters In This Topic

i was amazed at how quickly my order arrived from japan

nothing like a package of new pen stuff :-)

christmas can come any time of the year !

Do you mind sharing a link... I have not figure out how to order from Rakuten.

C.

I bought from this seller. On the left side you'll see the category which it's found in. You can click on Fountain Pens but Writing Instruments also contains Fountain Pen Ink, which has inks and refills. Once you add to cart you can proceed to checkout, which has a weird system. I chose to pay using PayPal, and I expected to pay at that moment, but weirdly enough it didn't. The next day the shop itself contacted me and let me know the shipping cost ($14) and once I agreed, I was emailed a link to which I could pay for the order + agreed shipping price. After that they emailed me again after a few days, informing me that they shipped the item. The entire process took 3 business days from ordering to shipping.

Thanks so much for all the help. You guys are AWESOME. :D

One question... I selected different items, and when clicking on "checkout".. I can see one button per store labeled "proceed to checkout"...

So, my guess is... each store is individual and I will pay two invoices instead of one.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Yes, individual invoices from each Rakuten store and one memo receipt from Rakuten itself. Usually multiple invoices in both Japanese and various different shades of 'Engrish'.

Remember that Rakuten is not an online merchant like Amazon, or even a buying and selling website like eBay.

It's more like a software service package that allows small Japanese mom&pop style corner shops access to a wider consumer market. For various different cultural reasons, almost all retailers in Japan are very small scale outfits.

So, your experience with different Rakuten stores will vary widely. And, I highly recommend paying with PayPal for its limited consumer protection.

Edited by tinkerteacher

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens