Akkerman #24 Zuiderpark Blue-Green

white_lotus

I'd had this review for a while, but hadn't posted it. The ink is the Akkerman #24, Zuiderpark Blue-green, an unusual color right on the border between blue and green. I'd received a sample and decided to give it a try. The few Akkerman inks I have are quite good, though there is a rumor that they are repackaged Diamine ink. I don't know if Diamine has this color, I'm not well-versed on their range of inks. The Akkerman bottles are fantastic.

If I remember correctly the ink behaved well. But it's difficult to decide whether the ink is blue or green. For this reason it was difficult to adjust the photos to accurately reflect what I see on the paper. I think of think they are pretty close.

On Mohawk via Linen paper.

fpn_1429536517__img_3082.jpg

On Hammermill 28lb Inkjet paper

fpn_1429536485__img_3050.jpg

On Moleskine

fpn_1429536577__img_3094.jpg

fpn_1429536608__img_3131.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mmg122

• amberleadavis

• white_lotus

• PAKMAN

Diamine's Eau de Nil is pretty close to this ink. If you decide you like it enough I have a pretty full bottle (large!) of the Akkerman I will gladly share with you. I recently purchased the new Franklin Christoph "Midnight Emerald" & found it to be very similar as well. So if you are interested let me know & I will gladly share both. I will NEVER use all this Blue/Green ink! It is not really a color that I will choose when I have murky greens (this morning got to fill a new pen with the Bung Box "Green Tea" & realised I NOW had covered that color quite well,) browns & oranges.

Edited by Barkingpig

I love this ink. Wonderful colour.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Thanks for the review.

This ink seems paper dependent (it appears to be much bluer on the Moleskine).

I don't have Eau de Nil, but it also looks somewhat similar to KWZI IG Turquoise after that oxidizes.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I like it, too, but admit I bought it just for the bottle. It's nearly all gone now and as soon as it is, I'll fill it with Noodler's.

Great review, thanks for sharing! Its certainly not Eau de Nil, which would be my One Ink choice; in fact, if this isn't Diamine Teal (a much underrated ink) I'll drink a bottle of it.

Edited by wastelanded
"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

I read recently (I think in another FPN thread) that the Akkerman owner denies that their ink is made by Diamine. I certainly have no knowledge one way or the other but I take him at his word.

• 4 weeks later...

I read recently (I think in another FPN thread) that the Akkerman owner denies that their ink is made by Diamine. I certainly have no knowledge one way or the other but I take him at his word.

I'd be interested in hearing that, I've talked to Akekrman a number of times and they have neither confirmed nor denied. Also, our very own Vis (with the Polish name) has done extensive testing and can show you via chromatography that a lot of these inks are the same. Now, the Akkerman #3 (Akkerman Blue) may be an Akkerman exclusive, but I don't think the entire Akkerman line is exclusive to them.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

White_Lotus, thanks for the great review! I never realized the ink was this waterproof. I also liked the marriage. Thanks again. I wonder how this compares to some of my favorites including Dromgoole's Blue Steel and one of our favorites, Yama Dori.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Dromgooles Blue Steel is more blue, and is brighter. I haven't tried the Yama-dori in a while so I can't compare, but my guess is that it is also bluer.

Very nice color! Thanks for the review. It reminds me of PR Blue Suede.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 2 years later...