• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• mhphoto

• inkstainedruth

• tinkerteacher

Thanks for the review.

Funny, I actually like Salix because it *doesn't* go dark, but stays bluer. Other than the amazing shading DRBB gives, I didn't really care for it. People kept talking about what a great ink it is, but I see that in your review it ends up as the same washy blue-grey color that I got.

For an IG blue-black ink that really goes dark (not washy) I prefer Ackerman #10, followed by FPN member Pharmacist's Urkundentinte. (I can't compare ESSRI, since I have not ever tried that).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Diamine, why oh why did you discontinue the cartridges of Registrar's Ink?

Iron gall ink in an international short cartridge. That was awesome.

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

But let's not forget ESSRI, people! Another great British product...

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• 2 years later...

Diamine, why oh why did you discontinue the cartridges of Registrar's Ink?

Iron gall ink in an international short cartridge. That was awesome.

Woah! They had this stuff in cartridges? Sad I missed the boat on that one!!

Great review of a fantastic, fantastic ink. I was skeptical when learning about iron galls after all of the hype of potential pen damage. But a couple of years and 5 bottles later, I have yet to have a Bexley (Jowo) steel nib show any sign of corrosion- and I have been a neglectful pen owner on a few of them, but still no problems. This stuff does seem to was out of the pen upon flushing, but if I disassemble the nib from the feed, I will find it still loaded with particulates from the ink, so I usually clean that out, and it is good to go for a while. This damn ink just seems to write so well on any paper that I am passed and need to write on. So, so pleased that this ink still exists! When admiring documents written long ago, and it so wonderful to have an ink that closely resembles what they were written with. Truly a step back in time!

@ mhphoto -- Your sample of Aristotle is really green. :huh:

Mine? It was sort of pale grey. And didn't even get the shading that Registrar's Blue Black gave me....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

@ mhphoto -- Your sample of Aristotle is really green. :huh:

Mine? It was sort of pale grey. And didn't even get the shading that Registrar's Blue Black gave me....

I've NEVER had good luck with Organic Studios. All the colors and concepts behind them are nice and interesting (and Mendel and Twain are two of my favorite inks), but half of the ones I've gotten have developed bad SITB. I wouldn't be surprised if my batch of Aristotle was off. :glare:

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg