What Paper Does Leuchtturm Use?

Houston

Hi, there:

Does anyone know what type of paper Leuchtturm uses in their standard 1917 notebooks? I'm rather fond of writing on the stuff -- which is very nib friendly and versatile -- and would ideally like to buy it in sheets and reams.

A couple of queries logged on the Leuchtturm website have gone unanswered, and a bit of googling didn't bring enlightenment either.

Much gratitude to anyone who knows!

Thanks, in advance.

--h

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Houston

• ink-syringe

• Legal Eagle

• DrRoger

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could help you. I also really like this paper, it makes the ink colors really pop on the page.

Current Favourites

Pen- Pilot Custom 74

Ink- J.Herbin Emerald of Chivor

Checked out a range of their notebooks to see if there was any watermark but no joy. Could it be they make their own paper? Would be nice to have the paper outwith notebooks and maybe the company would consider this. Sorry can't be any help. R

I love their paper. Imperfect as it is. The bleed and ghosting is a bit much but the paper has the PERFECT tooth, doesn't feather and makes all my pens write juicy. The ink pooling and shading is so nice.

I would eat their stuff up at almost any price if they made pads of the same paper.

I am tried of the glassy and chalky papers. I want a little texture and their paper has the nicest surface. Fun to write on.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Well, some good news and bad news on this front.

The good news: My third query lodged on the Leuchtturm website got a reply!

The bad news: Here's the reply:

--------
Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, we can give no informationen regarding our production of notebooks, such as maker or specifications.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me again!

Have a nice day!

Best regards

--------

"Have a nice day," indeed. I've followed up with a further query, hoping persistence gets me somewhere, but they don't seem to want us to know.

--h

Not wanting us to know seems entirely understandable.

My interactions with Leuchtturm have all been actually pretty amazing. They have great customer support.

I do think you'd have better success just trying to convince them to make pads for sale. I wish they would. But I highly doubt they will reveal where or how they get their paper.

I still uses Leuchtturm books but for loose paper I just use Rhodia or LIFE. (what I can get here, No Tomoe River in Korea sadly). Life paper is somewhat textured, if not as toothy as Leuchtturm and I like it a lot and it has better performance interns of ghosting and bleed through than Leuchtturm by far. But I do like that Leuchtturm surface. My kingdom for some Tomoe River. I do really enjoy that.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version