Visit To Two Old Cities And Some New Indian Fountain Pens

WDP4BAAZ

Hello friends ,

Greetings !!!!

After completing March ending , I have decided to go for a small vacation with family .

After brainstorming we have decided to visit two old cities in Maharashtra , Ahmednagar and Aurangabad .

The main attractions were "The cavalry tank museum" of Ahmednagar which is Asia's only one tank museum .

And of course world famous Ajinta and Ellora caves near Aurangabad

But as a pen fan , how can forget Abhay pen agencies , Aurangabad ?

Thanks to fellow FPN member AMK..

We had a nice time with old friends at Ahmednagar and started journey towards Aurangabad . Enjoyed delicious local food preparations in "Black Masala" on highway and finally reached Aurangabad.

I had a telephonic chat with Mr Anant Pathak from Abhay pens and he happily invited me to his shop in the evening.

Searching address in any city is a very easy task for me , I always enquire it to local autorickshaw drivers, Barber shops or Pan shops.

Finally we reached his shop , Mr Pathak welcomed me to Aurangabad and ordered tea for all of us.

I found him as a middle aged , soft spoken and a kind gentleman. He got a great passion and knowledge for fountain pens.

He immediately displayed all the pens in the shop on counter for me .He has got a great variety starting from Airmails,Fellowship to Sheaffer , cross etc including his own brand i.e. "Mohi" pens . How can I miss this opportunity ?

I immediately grabbed three ebonite+acrylic fusion models and two acrylics blue for me and the other yellow for my fellow FPN member and friend. He have got ebonites with front and rear ink level windows , the most distinct feature.

Mr Pathak got all pens tuned and tested for me and adjusted ink flow. We had a nice conversation on Indian and other fountain pens. He also shows me a double ended acrylic fpn and a limited edition fpn with imported German nib unit . According to him his brother is taking care of all the design and manufacturing of FPNs . As a Production Engineer I was very curious to see pen turning on a CNC turning center.But unfortunately he was out of station so I missed the opportunity to visit his manufacturing unit.

As said by him some new models are also at manufacturing stage.I greeted him best wishes for future projects.

He also suggested us a restaurant and we enjoyed local delicacies. It was one of most memorable evening of my life . I requested him to join FPN network asap ..Attaching some snaps , hope u all will enjoy them ....

Comments are always welcome

Sincerely ,

BAAZ

post-104009-0-82651800-1428384819_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-25933200-1428384910_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-81799300-1428385183_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-45845700-1428385411_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-23963400-1428385934_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-68288800-1428386429_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-40761500-1428387434_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-74877200-1428392443_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-18829600-1428392647_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-82701400-1428394278_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-48694000-1428394417_thumb.jpg

post-104009-0-90945100-1428394623_thumb.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WDP4BAAZ

• hari317

• Frank C

• subbucal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Hari , all pens are good performers you must have one .

Very nice report Baaz...the pens look very nice and thanks for assurance abt their performance... Am also expecting to add a Mohi to my collection soon...

Thanks Hari , all pens are good performers you must have one .

yes surely, I want to try at least one Mohi pen. if subbucal is going to get some Mohi pens, I am sure I will be able to convince him to buy one or two extra for me as well.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

yes surely, I want to try at least one Mohi pen. if subbucal is going to get some Mohi pens, I am sure I will be able to convince him to buy one or two extra for me as well.

Sure Hari!! Mine is already on way..but will get yours soon..;-)

Sure Hari!! Mine is already on way..but will get yours soon..;-)

Hi Deepak ,

U can contact him on phone : 9225328858

I think he can send pens by courier

Regards ,

BAAZ

Thanks for the review. It sounds like one is treated well in pen shops the world over. Please review your pens as well.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Thanks for posting the review and the link to it. A very beautiful pen. I hope you enjoy it.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

Thanks Frank. Are there any Fpn manufacturers from US producing similar models ?

Thanks Frank. Are there any Fpn manufacturers from US producing similar models ?

The one CNC manufacturer I can think of is CONID in Belgium. There are many, many people turning out pens in small companies:

http://edisonpen.com

http://www.desideratapens.com

http://fpquest.com/2012/09/19/made-in-america/

http://newtonpens.com/thepens/

These are a few I can think of.