Montblanc Starwalker Fake Or Real One?

Tiagosaraiva

Hi I'me new at this forum and I just bought a new MB Starwalker Carbon on eBay for about 300.

Could you please help me and tell me if it's a real one or not?

Thanks

post-121802-0-15602100-1428057748_thumb.jpgpost-121802-0-45435600-1428057778_thumb.jpgpost-121802-0-78811300-1428057791_thumb.jpgpost-121802-0-21546900-1428057803_thumb.jpgpost-121802-0-85743400-1428057840_thumb.jpgpost-121802-0-59753200-1428057855_thumb.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matlock

• Tiagosaraiva

• meiers

• Chrissy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I beg to differ. The photos do not describe the pen in sufficient detail.

I would like to see a clear photo of the serial number and more clearly focussed close-ups of the entire surface of the pen.

I am not sure about that box. I have not seen one like it coming from an authorized dealer. The box suggests to me that the pen did not originate in Hamburg.

Edited by meiers

Never seen that box, and in focus pictures of the pen's serial number and body would help.

That said, I am also sick and tired of ballpoint/rollerball "I bought this on Ebay, did I get a fake?" posts...

I would like to see a clear photo of the serial number and more clearly focussed close-ups of the entire surface of the pen.

I am not sure about that box. I have not seen one like it coming from an authorized dealer. The box suggests to me that the pen did not originate in Hamburg.

Actually I beg to differ too. The perfect, extremely detailed, photos and the wealth of details on the box describe this pen much more than most pens are described on here.

This type of box is the very common and authentic 'inflight' box just as it says on it. They are specially lightweight so as to not be too heavy on board flights, and they absolutely do originate in Hamburg

Edited by Chrissy

Serial numbers are not much help (unless checked with MB), my $13 145 that I bought from China has a very authentic looking serial number. Photos are not much help either, the only way I can see that my pen is a fake is the poor fitting of the section (rough threads), the magnet adhering to the nib and the converter which is the wrong design and marked MONT BLANC.

Buyer beware.

Mind you, I am very pleased with my fake as I knew what I was buying and it allows me to keep my real 145 at home.

Edited by Matlock

Peter

People have questions about the authenticity. Why not post them here ? After all if you are sick of the real or not posts, then don't open them.

People are just trying to gather information to make a decision. Sharing ideas and information is what this forum board is about, right ?

People have questions about the authenticity. Why not post them here ? After all if you are sick of the real or not posts, then don't open them.

People are just trying to gather information to make a decision. Sharing ideas and information is what this forum board is about, right ?

I'm with you there Kaseyg.

No-one forces members to read threads that they don't want to post answers to.

Fully agree. However the only way to be sure your MB is genuine is to buy from a B&M outlet. If you want a fake then Aliexpress (a sort of Chinese eBay) has a good range of "top" MBs from as little as $10. They are very carefull not to refer to them as Montblanc. The description of my 145 made me smile, it said. Construction 'plastic', nib 'other'. That was reassuring :) .

Peter

+ 1

I wasn't able to find 111534 on MBs site, hopefully it's real, have you tried searching the serial number online?

I wasn't able to find 111534 on MBs site, hopefully it's real, have you tried searching the serial number online?

On the MB site the Carbon Starwalker is 109363.

Peter

Actually I beg to differ too. The perfect, extremely detailed, photos and the wealth of details on the box describe this pen much more than most pens are described on here.

This type of box is the very common and authentic 'inflight' box just as it says on it. They are specially lightweight so as to not be too heavy on board flights, and they absolutely do originate in Hamburg

Thank you Chrissy.

Nonetheless, none of my Starwalkers came in such a box. They were all purchased from an authorized dealer. All I have to go on is my experience.