Help In Identifying Silver Ballpoint, With Rolex Refill

Alexcat

I got this( see pics below) and am trying to find out a little more about it. As shown in the pics, there is a slight crack/lifting of the silver surface: beside that, it says 'MADE IN JERUSALEM'

Around the top, just below the clicker( which is not working perfectly, but is usable....a missing top, I think....) it says "STERLING SILVER" and just below that, TRIBES OF ISRAEL

It's a really beautiful thing....covered in intricate decoration, Hebrew letters and symbols.

The refill says

100 Rolex soft fine (and then a word in Hebrew lettering, which I can't reproduce here)

Basically, Im trying to get any information about it, and also if/where a refill can be bought( in the UK)

Alexpost-110936-0-29213000-1427444637_thumb.jpgpost-110936-0-35307900-1427444585_thumb.jpgpost-110936-0-25628400-1427444546_thumb.jpgpost-110936-0-66590700-1427444395_thumb.jpgpost-110936-0-04894700-1427444420_thumb.jpgpost-110936-0-35316100-1427444508_thumb.jpgpost-110936-0-25628400-1427444546_thumb.jpg

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alexcat

• Freddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lovely pen...refill looks like one-size- it- fit it.....Go

to Yafa outlet and scroll down to one size it fit it on page

two...oh never mind...here it is............................................

http://www.yafaoutlet.com/refills/ballpoint-refills.html?p=2

Fred

Thank you, Fred.....I've got a couple if ballpoint refills - one a Parker, one a Monteverde I think - so I'll have a look....Im daft; don't know shy I never thought of doing that already!

That's an interesting link...thanks for that, too. It's really a lovely pen and I'd dearly live to find out more about it's origin. Meantime Im happy just looking at it, and maybe getting a refill into it.

I think that's definitely one of the things I love ( aside from using them to write with, of course)about writing instruments in general, of whatever kind: something so small can be so beautiful, and meaningful....

Thanks again

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

Alex, my pleasure.....I found this site re Rolex Tribes Of Israel....

It looks like your pen is missing a clip and some cold enamel accents..

which do not affect function...............................................................

http://www.milechai.com/judaica/judaica-collectibles/index.html

Fred

Fred,

That's wonderful....thank you so much! Hopefully I'll at least get it buffed up a bit.....must have been much used and well loved to have become as it is; I'll give it a bit if TLC and a refill and see how it goes.....

Alex