Massdrop Vote On Noodler's Flex Pen

fountainpenlady

Believe this must be a step prior to their having a drop. If you are into Noodler's Pens, place your vote. This drop looks as if Gouletpen is the sponsor or the several, if not all the Noodler's pens will be coming from Brian and Rachel Goulet.

It may result in one being chosen and a good price if many also participate in the drop. Here is the link:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/noodlers-pens

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpenlady

• MrsGouletPens

• tfwall

• FPgal

This drop looks as if Gouletpen is the sponsor or the several, if not all the Noodler's pens will be coming from Brian and Rachel Goulet.

Hey all, just wanted to clarify - we are definitely not a sponsor of Massdrop. We are not affiliated with them, we do not supply them with products, and just in general we do not endorse Massdrop except as a good way for a manufacturer to blow out discontinued products.

Someone must have just taken and uploaded images from our website for this vote (which I really am not too happy with, as our images are not to be used to promote product sales by competitors, like Massdrop).

If you want to buy Noodler's pens from us, the only place to do it is through gouletpens.com - we don't sell anywhere else.

Hope that helps clarify things! :)

Yeah I was going to say, Massdrop works directly with the manufacturers, there is no "middle man" with them. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah I was going to say, Massdrop works directly with the manufacturers, there is no "middle man" with them. Thanks for clearing that up.

And doesn't work when the "manufacturer" isn't interested in competing with its present distributors.

Look, failed at my due diligent of being able to check back on this topic.

Apparently, an apology and clarification has been warranted.

Apologies for any misunderstandings written directly, implied, inferred or implicated. I only saw Goulet Pen Company listed no less than two or more times for this vote and meant to only mention that this vote seemed to have something to do with this vote for these Noodler's, nothing more and nothing less. I don't work for Massdrop or Goulet Pen so no endorsement of either was meant by my error in posting this vote. I had no intention of causing any undue stress. Simply passing along another opportunity for those who might be interested in the pens themselves.

Simply someone happily retired, former librarian who has found something temporarily to fill a very small void, until the season permits me to follow the wind, taking my fountain pens and other accoutrements along for the journeys. Once again, my apologies for any misunderstanding in the wording of this particular posting.

As the saying goes..."no good deed goes unpunished." Or in this case the chorus shouting of a Faux Pax. For any one who might still be confused, Goulet Pen Company has nothing to do with nor receives anything from any Massdrop drop or this vote. Now, back to my leisurely existence, tilting my hat back to the right correctly and moving on. :doh: :)

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Hi Fountainpenlady,

I have to admit that when I voted on the Noodler's pens in Massdrop, I saw the images that came from the Goulet site and believed that they were authorized. No doubt others thought similarly because of those images. Perhaps someone has notified Massdrop about this kind of usage (and probably has happened with other items as well), so that they can do some better vetting of their visuals going forward. I sure hope so, because now I am not so excited about this particular Massdrop. I must thank you for being so conscientious about posting the writing related Massdrop offerings because I did join, have voted, and am participating in my first Massdrop -- the J. Herbin 1670 bottles of ink (2 Bleu Ocean, 1 Rouge Hematite). I'm a little nervous, as it's a lot of unknown ink to me, but I just couldn't resist...

I think every family should have a librarian, a nurse, a car mechanic, etc. so that if a family member runs into trouble, there's someone with the resources to help. I think you're still helping, though we're not in trouble. Unless trouble means we're always hunting for the pen, ink, and paper of our dreams.

Rest easy and keep up the searches!

Best wishes,

May

If I understand correctly, a Massdrop poll is usually set up by a member - and if they want to include an image, they have to source it from the internet somewhere. The existence of a poll is no indication that the manufacturer, or one of their distributors or retailers, is even interested in selling on Massdrop. A few Noodler's projects have been sold through this platform - inks, pens etc - so clearly someone has been willing to provide the products and set a sale price below recommended retail, but whether that's Nathan / Noodler's, or his (sole?) distributor, Luxury Brands, or someone else again, I don't know.

Personally, I'm glad that Massdrop is able to harness 'people power' to obtain lower prices on fountain pens, inks etc - but I won't be surprised if some companies start saying 'no' more often. It undercuts the business of people like the Goulets, who sell these products year-round - and surely it's only a matter of time before being 'good' to Massdrop and its clientele starts becoming bad for business! (For an interesting analysis of this, from a 'certified' economist, you might find this link interesting: http://www.peneconomics.com/blog/2015/3/16/retailer-analysis-massdrop).

No worries, I completely understand how you might have thought this! It's really misleading.

I just emailed MassDrop to request that they not use images or links from my site without my permission. It's unethical. They can do their own photography if they want to sell stuff. :)