• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpenlady

• kbrede

• hungh

• JLS1

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the 3776 Briarwood - I have a similar pen (Yakusugi wood) and they are very nice writers. Only issue might be that you can 'dent' the wood but that's the case with almost every pen. (Ironwood being the notable exception...)

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/platinum-3776-exotic-wood

I've never actually heard of this series but they look pretty nice, and platinums write pretty well too.

Thought I'd share :)

-Hikari

GouletPencompany has this series in demonstrator versions. There is a Bourgogne which is on my list for acquiring.

http://www.gouletpens.com/Plat-PNB-10000-71/p/Plat-PNB-10000-71

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Thanks, the clarification does make more sense. Not my normal level of brand, yet came across it while perusing Goulet Pen Company website. In fact, just inquired regarding extra- extra fine nib and was told nibs are Japanese manufactured; Therefore, an extra- extra fine nib would be far too fine for me. In any case, thanks for the clarification, I am sure others will appreciate it. Be Well. Returning to celebrating now.

:wallbash:

Edited by fountainpenlady

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

If the green line is all the way to right least price achieved by participants .

what was the price? the drop has ended and the prices are not visible.

I don't remember exactly but it was around $250.00ish IIRC.

Kent

what was the price? the drop has ended and the prices are not visible.LooksL

Looks like it did not make it to whatever the lowest price. There were 20 people who requested it. Believe its final price for those 20 was whatever the initial price was for the drop.

Looks like it did not make it to whatever the lowest price. There were 20 people who requested it. Believe its final price for those 20 was whatever the initial price was for the drop.

I think the drop had a maximum of 20 buyers. I hadn't seen a max like that before, but I just recently started watching Massdrop. So it's possible it reached the end.

EDIT: Just looked again and it's 14. "This drop is limited to 14 total units."

I remember thinking, if they had a double broad, I'd jump on it. It was a real good price.

Kent

Edited by kbrede

I think the drop had a maximum of 20 buyers. I hadn't seen a max like that before, but I just recently started watching Massdrop. So it's possible it reached the end.

EDIT: Just looked again and it's 14. "This drop is limited to 14 total units."

I remember thinking, if they had a double broad, I'd jump on it. It was a real good price.

Kent

It reached the end time frame end of whatever the time for the drop itself; it no doubt made its initial price. There was a high, middle and lowest price according to the number of people who participated in the drop. It probably made the first price. In order for it to have made the "real good price" there would have had to be plenty more than 14 people or even 20 people.

The Briar 3776 can be had for $234 from Engeika (no affiliation yadda yadda). The MASSDROP price would have to be significantly lower to make it worthwhile, so it would be good to know what the actual final price was (if anyone knows).

It reached the end time frame end of whatever the time for the drop itself; it no doubt made its initial price. There was a high, middle and lowest price according to the number of people who participated in the drop. It probably made the first price. In order for it to have made the "real good price" there would have had to be plenty more than 14 people or even 20 people.

So what does this note mean on the page?

"Note: At check-out, you can select Dark Briar or Light Briar with Fine, Medium or Broad nib. Light Briar is not available in Broad. This drop is limited to 14 total units, please check the Options page for remaining color/nib combinations."

To me a "unit" would be a pen. As in they're only selling 14 pens. Maybe I'm wrong.....

Kent