Sailor — Pen And Message Cigar

jasonchickerson

OK, my interest is peaked. Can anybody instruct me on how to order the ink once it becomes available, or can we organize a mass drop? I'm a complete computer illiterate, having spent all my life writing with pen and paper...

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jasonchickerson

• fireant

• tinkerteacher

• Calabria

Well you are NOT completely computer illiterate or you wouldn't be able to log in & post here! I imagine I fall in your category as well but as I am able to send an e mail I was able to acquire Cigar. I asked "how" & a nice member here told me to send a message to "Cool Japan" (who is an Ebay seller who has KOBE inks listed on Ebay.) I went to Ebay & from his listing there sent the inquiry that I wanted a bottle & the rest they say is "history." He will respond (quite promptly) & then send you an invoice to pay thru Pay Pal & after paying you receive the ink. It was "fool proof" & after two more orders I am currently awaiting a shipment of four inks from him for which he supplies a tracking number.

It is undoubtably more expensive to purchase this way BUT for me the choice was easy: I could do THIS & didn't have to wait very long.

A group buy would obviously be cheaper but seemed to be a bit more complicated. I am old & would rather pay more to get what I want in a timely manner in a way I am comfortable with. I don't "take pictures" with my computer, "cut & paste," nor other things that the computer "literate" do easily. I am happy to manage what is of interest to me with this laptop & see it as a tool similar to my pen. Yes there are a scad more things it can do BUT it has enabled me to "find" things that would be unobtainable for me otherwise.

So If I could "scare up" a bottle of Cigar from "Cool Japan" then I feel confident you can also. Good luck & I am sure you won't be sorry as it is a VERY unique & pleasing ink.

Thanks "Barkingpig"! I'll try that. I think I can write emails - I'm just stymied by the Japanese characters

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Oh I am stymied by MORE than the Japanese characters...........I tried to use a Japanese "shopping service" & felt I was in "way OVER my head!" I swear after completing page after page of registration it appeared I STILL had to submit something. It felt utterly strange to "see" the bottle of ink I wanted to purchase & yet find it "just beyond my reach!"

ENTER..... my devotion to "Cool Japan"....... not only do I have Cigar, some other great inks & more on the way BUT in this forthcoming shipment will be 2 bottles of the ink that I had attempted to initially order.

Good luck!

Atsu (cool-japan) is a blessing to us. Today I ordered cigar and three more Kobes from him, as if I didn't already have enough ink to last three lifetimes.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Atsu (cool-japan) is a blessing to us. Today I ordered cigar and three more Kobes from him, as if I didn't already have enough ink to last three lifetimes.

I have enough ink for several lifetimes, but they keep making all these interesting inks. Cool-Japan is indeed a blessing. It is worth it to pay a few dollars more for his great service, in my opinion.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Thank you for this tip!! Amazing!! I can also add a Kobe ink and a portable rice cooker to my order! 😁

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Thank you for this tip!! Amazing!! I can also add a Kobe ink and a portable rice cooker to my order!

Not to mention all the little fake food items you can get to entertain you while the rice is cooking . . .

Is it bad that I panicked and decided I needed more of this ink?

Take several deep breaths and stop worrying. You can assuage your conscience by sending me all the additional ink that you ordered. PM me for the shipping address. You will feel so much better.

I haven't even placed an order yet and I'm worried they'll stop making the stuff before I order again.

I've still got your sample in my favorite pen, by the way. Thanks again.

It is NEVER a bad idea to have "back up" anything. After all this posting about "out of stock, coming soon, etc" you were WISE to "get while the getting is good!" You were however foolish to tell us as you may have to employ Saskia Madding's defense/assault team to protect your stach!

Personally I have two bottles, which is basically a lifetime supply for me. I say stock up, this stuff is magic.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

I haven't even placed an order yet and I'm worried they'll stop making the stuff before I order again.

Well Sailor does have a habit of discontinuing widely popular inks and not replacing them with like. Sailor Apricot, cough cough. It is a custom, on-off special order ink for a tiny mom and pop corner shop. Plus, from my communication with Sailor, it appears to be a tough one to cook up.

But, one does need to stop and think about how far down the rabbit hole you really want to go ..

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

Well Sailor does have a habit of discontinuing widely popular inks and not replacing them with like. Sailor Apricot, cough cough. It is a custom, on-off special order ink for a tiny mom and pop corner shop. Plus, from my communication with Sailor, it appears to be a tough one to cook up.

But, one does need to stop and think about how far down the rabbit hole you really want to go ..

but Sailor only does it for their main products this will still be under the whims of the owners of Pen and Message if no one knows the shop is found in Kobe... its probably a reason why Atsu can get a hold of these inks easily considering most of the inks he sells are from Nagasawa Kobe

plus Sailor did replace the ink in a form of Onnago-iro Honey (surprise this baby can not be bought from anywhere else but sailor direct) close contender also seems to be the apricot ink from Kobe

Edited by Algester

You were however foolish to tell us as you may have to employ Saskia Madding's defense/assault team to protect your stach!

I have ninjas. Just saying.

Well Sailor does have a habit of discontinuing widely popular inks and not replacing them with like. Sailor Apricot, cough cough. It is a custom, on-off special order

That is what made me nervous...err the things said about the process of creating it.

And ...

Sailor Cigar is back in stock at Pen&Message, ladies, gentleman and fellow fountain pen addicts aficionados for Yen 2,160 or roughful USD 18 a bottle (VAT included).

Let the games begin.

No international shipments accepted, so you'll have to go through a third party. Also, through the good services of Google Translate, the friendly people at P&M tell me they are closed Wednesdays.

Their email address is penandmessage@goo.jp , so if you want to try convincing them to ship internationally, you may have better luck than me, just please remember the culture and keep it respectiful.

Edited by tinkerteacher

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

And ...

Sailor Cigar is back in stock at Pen&Message, ladies, gentleman and fellow fountain pen addicts aficionados for Yen 2,160 or roughful USD 18 a bottle (VAT included).

Let the games begin.

No international shipments accepted, so you'll have to go through a third party. Also, through the good services of Google Translate, the friendly people at P&M tell me they are closed Wednesdays.

Their email address is penandmessage@goo.jp , so if you want to try convincing them to ship internationally, you may have better luck than me, just please remember the culture and keep it respectiful.

I noticed this last night.

I will be placing an order through WRE today. I'll add a few extra bottles and then hold a raffle for those of you (in the US) who would like a bottle passed along at cost my cost plus shipping to you, when I know what that is. I had hoped to know before purchasing, but WRE can't give me an estimate on shipping these inks to the USA until after I've made the purchase.

I'll keep you updated.

I noticed this last night.

I will be placing an order through WRE today. I'll add a few extra bottles and then hold a raffle for those of you (in the US) who would like a bottle passed along at cost my cost plus shipping to you, when I know what that is. I had hoped to know before purchasing, but WRE can't give me an estimate on shipping these inks to the USA until after I've made the purchase.

I'll keep you updated.

I may be interested in a bottle depending on the final cost. Estimated cost?

So many inks, so little time...