• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Dronak

• jar

• The Good Captain

grahamtillotson

I'm totally in the 50/50 camp depending on my mood and the pen. Generally yes, or with bigger pens if I want to pretend I'm Winston Churchill or some great literary figure. I like that pens have different characteristics posted and unposted and like to try out both options.

Graham

ScienceChick

Depends on the pen; TWSBI Mini, Estie CH - yep, most others - nope. I've gotten so used to holding the cap in my left hand that yesterday I found myself holding the cap to a rollerball.

Generally no. The only pen I usually post is my Sailor professional gear sapporo, which I find quite short. I'm not sure if most people would consider this as "regular" sized though.

The Blue Knight

A few cheaper I do however I would never post my Parker Sonnet or Diplomat Excellence A Carya as they were fairly expensive and I don't want to damage the finish.

I think the Pelikan M200 has to be posted a as it is too small otherwise.

Always - except for the Sheaffer 300. The cap weighs 5g more than the pen body and makes it too heavy on the back end.

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir

SouvenirCat

Never. Il feels heavy.

The cat in my profile picture is a painting by Oxana Zaika.

Lou Erickson

Depends on the cap and the pen. I have a couple of pocket pens that need it. I have a number of pens where the cap is too heavy posted. Depends if I can hold it or not.

I never post my VP. :)

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

Generally I don't post. When I'm away from home and I'm jotting a note while standing, I'll usually post because I'm holding the pen in one hand and the notebook the other and that's enough to hold in my hands. And occasionally, after I sit down at my desk with an unposted Nemosine Singularity, I'll look at my hand and notice the cap has been posted and I'll wonder when that happened and why.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.