"REFORM"

Kaweco

I replied to another thread on Reform, then noticed that this one does not show a picture of the P125.

Since I have one, here it is

fpn_1537822868__p1150426-3.jpg

I like this pen a lot. It is a nice writer and the springy nib is very interesting.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tenney

• sidthecat

• Bo Bo Olson

• cobalt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As Thomas said, the machinery was sold to the east.

There is just too too many pens sold on German Ebay to be a couple left over pallets of pens. I've had the 1745, P-20&P-25. Originally a decade ago, a 1745 went for @ 10E.

I paid that much for the P-20 and E12 or 15 for the P-25.....really not a whole lot of size difference.

When after a decade you can get two 1745's for E5.00, you can be sure the pen's top came on one pallet, the bottom in another, and it was put together ....made....in Germany. Sold on German Ebay....can still buy boxes of 12 for a reasonable price too.

Two for E5 is a very good deal. Of the two 1745's I had one was an F, like the P-20&25, the other an EF....none of the nibs were marked.

I gave all my modern reform pens to my God child in the states, but for the EF 1745. Those were regular flex nibs.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

My outlier Reform developed a leak and I sent it to Pentiques for a once-over. It came back looking (and writing) like a new pen. I like it even more.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

A bit of necro-posting here, but rather more on the correct subject than starting a new one - right?

Anyway, have found a vintage Reform pen today which was pretty cheap, apparently in good condition and after a good rinse, can write when inked.

But the question is: Which model is it, and what decade?

The look & design is reminiscent of the WM Hemisphere, but with a nib which has very "square shoulders". It's a cartridge pen, don't know (yet) if a c/c would fit in there...

My own "shot from the hip" guess is that it's from the 80's, and not a 1745.

:) 

Hope somebody can tell me exactly which one it is, though if not, I will just use it and enjoy it

😃

Stay safe,

Daneaxe

20210605_222658.jpg

20210605_222738.jpg

20210605_224031.jpg

Edited by Daneaxe
Edit to add pics

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2021 at 3:44 AM, Daneaxe said:

Anyway, have found a vintage Reform pen today...

Daneaxe, I do not have an answer, but I have the same model in a different colour and I would love to know more about this particular pen as well! I received it in the late 90's and really like it. Following this thread in hopes of finding an answer.

4 hours ago, pscrybe said:

Following this thread in hopes of finding an answer.

Try looking here for (a bit) more info: http://dirck.delint.ca/beta/?page_id=2373

I still haven't found exactly which model it is, but it's a stable and nice writer, feels like a real workhorse of a pen, for daily use. It simply writes & writes.

• 1 year later...

I have a Reform piston filler, I bought it in 1990. The cap still seals, but the part where the clip attached broke into little tiny pieces so I don’t use it much. I love the way it writes and it was in constant use for about 20 years. I bought it on a trip to Miami Beach in the hotel gift shop for $10. I was 14 and was in love with the shade of blue and the ink window. It was a great school pen. 

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Grey Parker 45 GT, Octanium F nib, Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery