How About A Group Buy For Inks In India

mehandiratta

i have created a Google form for us to get a hang of how many bottles are we looking at.. as of now the value is for 60ml bottles

please use the link to record your answers

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1naYN9FIc3bCwNBa0Z12oBoWYrh9zrm_Dgk3q9KNihTs/viewform

i will publish the answers once a day at around midnight IST

Please put the bottle options also...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• mehandiratta

• Morbus Curiositas

• rishminder

Please put the bottle options also...

will update the form.. as of now very basic user of same so looking at possibilities for a complex forms

Friends status as of now:

Total of 153 bottles(assuming all small 60ml size as of now for simplicity) by 12 users..

Results are

Royal Blue 19 Black 20 Emerald Green 23 Blue-black 34 Laural Rose 24 Turquoise Blue 33

unable to upload screenshot of results from google forms :( ... can some one help

Current status

Royal Blue 27

Black 23

Emerald Green 29

Blue-black 45

Laural Rose 27

Turquoise Blue 40

Total 191

Can any of the members in get touch with Brill based on these early figures??

I believe if we can have the cost and bottle sizes to go with then we will have better idea and even international buyers might be interested more(moving the forum to Group buys might help too)

Edited by rishminder

Current status

Royal Blue 27

Black 23

Emerald Green 29

Blue-black 45

Laural Rose 27

Turquoise Blue 40

Total 191

Can any of the members in get touch with Brill based on these early figures??

I believe if we can have the cost and bottle sizes to go with then we will have better idea and even international buyers might be interested more(moving the forum to Group buys might help too)

I will move it there...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Wow so much interest for Bril....

I am.getting curious. Maybe I schould buy some bottles for me in Austria....

Btw Talked to De Atramentis..... Prices are vrry attractive in compatison with the EU/USA sakes prices

And all the inks are available in large pkadtic bottles 250 500 1000 ml so you can divide yourselfs...

Good luck with the bril deal for all of you

Regards Peter

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

I will move it there...

Any idea what the shipping costs to Europe are?

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

I will move it there...

I haven't been able to get into the Google app, but I'm definitely interested in the larger bottles of Royal Blue, Blue-Black, and Emerald Green.

ron

Will the google form be updated? I would like to change some of my colors to the larger size bottle - if the shipping cost will stay reasonable. Otherwise I will stick to the 60ml glass bottles, and quantities, for all my choices.

In order to get more international participants, maybe give some inkling of those shipping costs? Am I right in my feeling that for small numbers of bottles, the shipping costs are going to be decisive for the total cost?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Will the google form be updated? I would like to change some of my colors to the larger size bottle - if the shipping cost will stay reasonable. Otherwise I will stick to the 60ml glass bottles, and quantities, for all my choices.

In order to get more international participants, maybe give some inkling of those shipping costs? Am I right in my feeling that for small numbers of bottles, the shipping costs are going to be decisive for the total cost?

i would love to update the form but with my limited knowledge of google forms and limited time i can say it wont be before sunday...

also i was waiting if any of the members can get in touch with bril to get tentative cost for the bottles so that same could be reflected in the new form

as of now i have no contact in bril and hence i depend upon fellow members for same

also the form as is now is not in any way a token of participation and is just a way to get a measure of interest in the proposed group buy.

so i would like the community to suggest

1. should i wait to revise the form and add the tentative cost as and when received

2. should i update the form anyhow this weekend

and yes i agree for foreign buyers the shipping costs will form a major part to the total amount they would be paying as ink is quite inexpensive

I am very, very interested in Bril ink! I have ordered pens directly from them a couple of times, but have had no luck getting ink shipped.

Shipping costs will play a factor, but I would be interested in plastic bottles of most, if not all colors and at least one glass bottle of each color. When international details get a bit more solid I will definitely chime in with a definite want list!

Edited by cjabbott

WANTED:

Delta Indios (FP or BP)

Delta Inuit (FP or BP)

Delta Don Quijote (BP or FP, green pref.)

other Delta Indigenous People

(M nibs or wider preferred)

I am as cjabbott - will wait for the international details and costs to be more defined. I will then make my definitive choice (probably 1 glass bottle of each color, and 1 or 2 plastic bottles of 2 or 3 colours. I will fill the form then.

For those who wonder what the Bril glass bottles look like:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/HytAGD.jpg

Edited by fountainpagan

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Ideally, I would suggest let's give in our colourwise ml requirement. This will help motivate Bril to make a fresh batch...once the quantum is identified, one of us can deal with Bril...the top man sits in Bengaluru, and I heard is a very passionate about inks..

Ideally, I would suggest let's give in our colourwise ml requirement. This will help motivate Bril to make a fresh batch...once the quantum is identified, one of us can deal with Bril...the top man sits in Bengaluru, and I heard is a very passionate about inks..

Can someone (rajavikrama?), who has access to this gentleman sitting in Bangalore, pls find out, if the blue-black, if they make it, will conform to IS:220 standard and will have the ISI mark? My specific question is: is the ink going to be the 0.1% Iron content based traditional Blue-black ink that I am hoping for...

Thanks!

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I just got a Bril Turquoise Blue and a Green from a shop in Trissur town in Kerala when I visited last week. I added 3 Camlin royal blue and 1 black too and got all of them for Rs.16 per bottle. Just for 6 bottles I got a discount of Rs.2 per bottle from MRP. So a bulk order directly with Bril must be even cheaper.

Their standard seems to be 60ml bottles.

Edited by subbu68

Regards

Subramoniam

I feel our focus here should just not be cost...Bril inks are priced very economically...our focus should be to convince Bril to make those rare, well behaved, ISI standard inks in all possible shades and also in easy to carry/ship bottles...

i hope am not too late to join in the group buy for bril inks? i am interested in a bottle each.

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

I feel our focus here should just not be cost...Bril inks are priced very economically...our focus should be to convince Bril to make those rare, well behaved, ISI standard inks in all possible shades and also in easy to carry/ship bottles...

Seconded. I think the main obstacle with getting these inks is access. So if we can get our act together and make these inks available, we shall have accomplished our goal.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Well then what we need is one of our members in bangalore to get in touch with Bril and ask for the minimum requirement for a batch to be made.

And since the inks are so inexpensive we surely can get the numbers needed to make the cut

With little to no headway we have interest in almost 200 60ml bottles....

Might as well say a lot us will be willing to go for 200 300ml plastic bottles I think we will easily get the numbers

So can someone from our fellow fountain pen affectioandos get in touch with Bril and help get the specifics sorted out...

Also for international buyers any package in between 500gram and 1000 gram would attract a shipping of 20-25 USD If shipped via EMS(read Indian postal service) while for UPS/DHL it's around 100 USD

Edited by rishminder