Blackstone Inks

Uncial

I think this ink was labelled as super secret something or other. It's a powdered ink from Australia as far as I know. I was very kindly given an email address that I sent a begging email to for a powdered ink by the name of Red Cashmere which had the most incredible sheen and a beautiful deep red colour, but I got not response. I was just wondering if there was any news on this new to the market ink producer?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• ScienceChick

• TheRealScubaSteve

• Uncial

Isn't it wonderful? It was tested under the name Susemai (Super Secret Makers of Ink) and it's the baby of Kevin Watson of JustWrite in Oz. Testing is still on-going but feel free to email Kevin and tell him how much you neeeeed Red Cashmere :) info@justwrite.com.au

Ooops, I see you did that already. Feel free to try again!

Edited by ScienceChick

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

The red is great. I was one of the few that got green that was actually green.(not Magic Cashmere)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Here's some pictures. If everyone nags Kevin enough, maybe he'll make it available. ;)

16%

IMG_20141119_205541.jpgIMG_20141119_205630.jpgIMG_20150102_134914.jpgIMG_20150102_135003.jpg

And it is all gone......except those of us who still have liquid mixed ink that we are sharing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have a precious sample of the red at 16% that I was graciously gifted. I have developed a small obsession with red ink and this is the best I have ever found. I would literally sell my 2nd born child for 100-200oz of it.

I enjoy MB 146 pens, Sailor, Pilot and Platinum pens as well. I have a strong attraction to dark red and muted green ink, colors I dislike for everything but FP ink. I also enjoy practicing my handwriting and attempting to improve it. I love the feel of quality paper under a gold nib.

I have a precious sample of the red at 16% that I was graciously gifted. I have developed a small obsession with red ink and this is the best I have ever found. I would literally sell my 2nd born child for 100-200oz of it.

Let's not call it a sale, let's call it a trade. Mail the kid over and I'll surrender the ink. :P Unless this is going to be like Ransom of Little Red Chief......

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Let's not call it a sale, let's call it a trade. Mail the kid over and I'll surrender the ink. :P Unless this is going to be like Ransom of Little Red Chief......

Better hope s/he's not a lemon. My mother said I could try to exchange her at the Used Mommy Store, but she never mentioned a Used Children's Store.

Better hope s/he's not a lemon. My mother said I could try to exchange her at the Used Mommy Store, but she never mentioned a Used Children's Store.

She didn't want you to know. Mothers have to keep some options open. A little Benadryl, toss you in the backseat of the car and ...

She didn't want you to know. Mothers have to keep some options open. A little Benadryl, toss you in the backseat of the car and ...

It all makes sense now. I've been trained to think I have allergies!

Maybe. Just sayin'

I gave up thinking, it confused me. Now I just go inking. No problems.

I gave up thinking, it confused me. Now I just go inking. No problems.

Thinking gets one into more trouble, too.

Thinking gets one into more trouble, too.

A LOT more trouble.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Really, don't tempt me to mail the kid. I didn't offer you my first born for good reason. But the 2nd one, there are days I'd trade for a Starbucks Triple Venti Brevè 6 pump Sugar Free Vanilla Latté.

I've got the right size box and everything.

Ok, ok...I've only got one kid, but for that ink I'll adopt one and then trade it off. I won't have formed any lasting emotional bonds anyhow.

I enjoy MB 146 pens, Sailor, Pilot and Platinum pens as well. I have a strong attraction to dark red and muted green ink, colors I dislike for everything but FP ink. I also enjoy practicing my handwriting and attempting to improve it. I love the feel of quality paper under a gold nib.

LMAO

Really, don't tempt me to mail the kid. I didn't offer you my first born for good reason. But the 2nd one, there are days I'd trade for a Starbucks Triple Venti Brevè 6 pump Sugar Free Vanilla Latté.

I've got the right size box and everything.

Ok, ok...I've only got one kid, but for that ink I'll adopt one and then trade it off. I won't have formed any lasting emotional bonds anyhow.

:lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd:

I think this ink was labelled as super secret something or other. It's a powdered ink from Australia as far as I know. I was very kindly given an email address that I sent a begging email to for a powdered ink by the name of Red Cashmere which had the most incredible sheen and a beautiful deep red colour, but I got not response. I was just wondering if there was any news on this new to the market ink producer?

I'm sorry for not responding to your email. I do try to respond to every email but at times I get overwhelmed with emails and some get missed. My personal email is kevin@justwrite.com.au and this goes straight to me.

The powdered inks were extensively tested on the FPN and the testing revealed a few problems that we have yet to overcome, so we've put them on the backburner for now and we're testing ink concentrates as an alternative. We will revisit the powdered inks when we've finished testing the concentrates but if the concentrates work better we will most likely drop the powdered inks and focus on developing the concentrates.

The concentrates use completely different dyes to the powdered inks. We couldn't use the same dyes we used in the powdered inks because they didn't have a high enough solubility and were prone to clump and crystallize in concentrated form. So, they will look and behave very differently to the powdered inks. Should the concentrate concept prove superior to powders, we will look at replicating the colours and qualities of the Cashmere inks in the future but in a concentrate form, not a powder.

Please feel free to contact me at my personal email and please include your FPN name so I'll know you're from the FPN and I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.

Kevin Watson
Blackstone Ink :: JustWrite Pen Company, Australia
Website: www.justwrite.com.au www.blackstone.inkEmail: info@justwrite.com.au