Eboya And Stylo-Art

quetzalcoatl

lg. kyouka - f nib w/ added flex! my pen collection "b factor" (calc'd as: b+ or stubs / # of pens) is very high so i am diversifying. according to cfp, you can only get the modded flex on the "large" eboya models...

Nice! I hope medium will work then. As I understand it, the medium and large sizes use the same #6 nib and the small uses the #5 nib. The large Kyouka would look awesome with a #8 380 Bock nib. If that was an option, I'd probably get that.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rpsyed

• quetzalcoatl

• mongrelnomad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! I hope medium will work then. As I understand it, the medium and large sizes use the same #6 nib and the small uses the #5 nib. The large Kyouka would look awesome with a #8 380 Bock nib. If that was an option, I'd probably get that.

i was mistaken - according to cfp, only the large size is suitable for the spencerian mod... i wonder why if the med and lg use the same nib? anyway, in JM i trust, so whatever shows up in 4-6 mos. is gonna be cool. at least we can assume its gonna have an ebonite feed, right? lol...

i was mistaken - according to cfp, only the large size is suitable for the spencerian mod... i wonder why if the med and lg use the same nib? anyway, in JM i trust, so whatever shows up in 4-6 mos. is gonna be cool. at least we can assume its gonna have an ebonite feed, right? lol...

Hmm ... I wonder why too. If Mottishaw says it, then I believe him. The feeds look pretty cool! I'm almost certain they're ebonite. And they don't appear to be Bock-made. Being that Eboya is a subsidiary of a large ebonite manufacturer, Nikko Ebonite, I imagine they would make their own ebonite feeds. But, again, that's just my assumption from how they look and what I know about the company. Here's a pic of the feed on a large green Kyouka taken from the Eboya website.

http://img14.shop-pro.jp/PA01081/117/product/55023207_o3.jpg?20130208141536

Edited by rpsyed

Awesome! Mottishaw is an amazing nib worker.

What was the ordering process like from Stylo-Art, if you don't mind my asking? Is it all through email?

All through email, Mr. Motoshi Kazuno is very kind.

All through email, Mr. Motoshi Kazuno is very kind.

Thank you! I will be purchasing an Eboya first, but after that one of the wooden or micarta Stylo-Art pens is very tempting ...

Thank you! I will be purchasing an Eboya first, but after that one of the wooden or micarta Stylo-Art pens is very tempting ...

did you get the eboya in the mix? really looking forward to seeing and hearing about everybody's new eboyas - i wonder if these will take hold amongst afficionados? btw, i was pretty bored so i ordered another one - lg. "houga" ED in all red ebonite. i exchanged some emails with eboya (in japanese) and confirmed there is some leeway in "off menu" options, etc... then ordered thru CFP.

did you get the eboya in the mix? really looking forward to seeing and hearing about everybody's new eboyas - i wonder if these will take hold amongst afficionados? btw, i was pretty bored so i ordered another one - lg. "houga" ED in all red ebonite. i exchanged some emails with eboya (in japanese) and confirmed there is some leeway in "off menu" options, etc... then ordered thru CFP.

"In the mix?"

Nice! An all-red Eboya would be awesome. I asked about Eboya's on FPN's Facebook group and another guy said he ordered an Eboya Houga directly from them. They've been around for a good few years now but do seem to be gaining popularity recently.

I placed my order yesterday with CFP for the Kyouka, medium-size, Tanshin red, with a medium nib (no customization). I was initially going to get a medium-fine nib but on nibs.com tipping size chart it lists the medium-fine as .35 mm and the medium as .5. Eboya must being grinding their nibs down as Bocks's nibs are usually bigger than that, I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to some pictures :)

Is there a long delivery time on an Eboya?

Unfortunately, yeah. Nibs.com wrote 4 - 6 months on my invoice but said that it could take even longer. I'm hoping they are just exaggerating on the long side because Eboya's website lists a 3-month wait for orders. Used to these long wait now - it just comes with the territory of special orders/custom pens.

Looking forward to some pictures :)

Is there a long delivery time on an Eboya?

yeah, i was quoted 4-6 on the first one i ordered and "at least six months" on my second one...

when i emailed eboya (in japanese) they said "please enjoy the wait" or something to that effect!

I'm interested in the Onoto-style Eboya, and the Stylo-Art, but for different reasons.

Eboya - I love the idea of Japanese eye-droppers;

Stylo-Art - my family are actually from Karuisawa. I had no idea there was a pen manufacturer based there!

You should totally get the one from your family's home town. That is very special. Someday I will get enough dollars to own my very own Japanese custom pen. I love everything about them.

enjoy!

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

You should totally get the one from your family's home town. That is very special. Someday I will get enough dollars to own my very own Japanese custom pen. I love everything about them.

enjoy!

I agree, but maybe I should wait until I am next in Tokyo (around Christmas I think) and then pay them a visit. It's only ~40mins by Nozomi...

Too many pens; too little writing.

yeah, i was quoted 4-6 on the first one i ordered and "at least six months" on my second one...

when i emailed eboya (in japanese) they said "please enjoy the wait" or something to that effect!

"please enjoy the wait" This is why I love the Japanese, of course you have to wait for a work of art!

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

"please enjoy the wait" This is why I love the Japanese, of course you have to wait for a work of art!

Yep. All of my pens I've bought in the last 8 months or so have been custom and have had waits, some of them quite lengthy (one I ordered in September of last year and it won't be done until the end of May). Whenever I feel impatient, I just keep the phrase from Miracle Max in mind: You rush a mircale man, you get rotten miracles.

• 5 months later...

Well, I heard from CFP today that my eyedropper Kyouka has arrived. Took just over 7 months. I'll try to get a review done after a few weeks of use. Has anyone else heard anything about their orders?

Well, I heard from CFP today that my eyedropper Kyouka has arrived. Took just over 7 months. I'll try to get a review done after a few weeks of use. Has anyone else heard anything about their orders?

Can't wait to hear your impressions, and see photos!

Too many pens; too little writing.