Massdrop Clear Demonstrator Noodler's Flex F.p. 2 Pack

fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GClef

• fountainpenlady

• sd10521

• HollyGolightly

I was super interested in this, as I don't own any noodler's pens. Apparently the drop ended early due to high demand and I missed it. :( Maybe next time?

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

was super interested in this, as I don't own any noodler's pens. Apparently the drop ended early due to high demand and I missed it. :( Maybe next time?

Christina, sorry to read you missed it. I get Massdrop via email and try to post as soon as possible something I think others would be interested in. This one was posted before there was even one person signed up for the drop. Sometimes, as in the Franklin-Christophe 2 pen case and other offerings, they have had so much interest in an item, they repeat the drop. Will keep a look out, don't be sadden yet, there may be another chance in your future. :)

Edited by fountainpenlady

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Out of the 100 units limited, I got in at 99.

It'll be fun fiddling with them trying to get the flow just right...after the endless "drop off Dawn dish soap" rinses--to wash the manufacturing oils off of the nib and feed...while holding my nose, so I don't get nauseous from the nasty bakelite smell...

Yay!?

Edited by GClef

Out of the 100 units limited, I got in at 99.

It'll be fun fiddling with them trying to get the flow just right...after the endless "drop off Dawn dish soap" rinses...while holding my nose, so I don't get nauseous from the nasty bakelite smell...

Yay!!

I am so thrilled for you. I was feeling kind of bad for those who were interested and yet were too late. You give me a smile to know someone of our community got in on it and will be getting their Noodler's Demonstrators. I just purchased a red Noodler's Ahab Demonstrator and love it! Enjoy. Also, if you don't already know, go to Youtube, where there are a couple of people who have videos on Noodler's pens, regarding various aspects. Several of them even use the clear demonstrator for demonstration. In regards to the smell, currently have an old Bexley America the Beautiful, which has a really foul smell. It had a different one when I purchased it years ago, now it is just foul. Both my Noodler's hardly have a smell at all in comparison.

Edited by fountainpenlady

Thanks for the tips, but I know these pens all too well, although it's been a little while since I've subjected myself to the torture. But, hey, what can I say? I think I've always been just a little masochistic...especially after lighting a match or a lighter, and waving it very lightly under the nib (another way to take care of those persistent manufacturing oils--by burning them off), and then touching the back of my hand with the match...oh, yeah...I can't wait to get these bad boys in the mail.

Bring it!

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/Gibberish/Screenshot_2015-03-14-01-46-50-1.png

I was super interested in this, as I don't own any noodler's pens. Apparently the drop ended early due to high demand and I missed it. :( Maybe next time?

There is a place on the right side of their page where you can request this drop to be repeated. When it comes back up they will send you an e-mail.

Although there is no guarantee it will be at the same price, but if you google for the pens you can quickly tell if it's a good price.

Best of luck.

There is a place on the right side of their page where you can request this drop to be repeated. When it comes back up they will send you an e-mail.

I just went and hit the request button. I'm not sure I want one myself, but I'm willing to help the folks who do!

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I gots mine in the mail today.

But I came home too late to fiddle around with them...I need a good, uninterrupted, hour to beat these bad boys into submission.

Tomorrow, the fun begins!

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/Tutuguans/2015-03-28_04-07-30_133-1.jpg