De Atramentis Bookworm.... Read This! You Reading Addicts!

Morbus Curiositas

De Atramentis BOOKWORM scented ink

Is it an Ink or is it a Stink? :)

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/De%20Atramentis%20Bookworm/Ink%20Bottle%202%20FPN_zpszy5wrsrs.jpg

Dear FPN Friends

I am a great fan of De Atramentis http://www.de atramentis.comthe small family run business of the utterly passionate and friendly Dr.Franz- Josef Jansen. This company produces over 255 hand inks.... HANDMADE in GERMANY :)

Until now I was not really a fan of scented inks... But er that has changed abruptly now.... why...

Well as some of you might know from my profile I am a READING ADDICT and an INKOHOLIC.... De Atramentis has made a lovely dark green ink

with the smell of OLD BOOKS AND ANCIENT LIBRARIES... that is like heroine to a drug addict :D

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/De%20Atramentis%20Bookworm/reading%20room%20and%20book%20worm_zpsts0ik79k.jpg

Our little reading room and a detail picture of one of our bookshelfs :wub: ( a bit of a language mess books are in Dutch, German and English :wacko: )

De Atramentis Bookworm Ink

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/De%20Atramentis%20Bookworm/Bookworm%20drawing%20FPN_zpscwojim6y.jpg

Sorry I am not a great artist :unsure: my Bookworm at the bottom looks more like the kind of " worm" that gets women pregnant and produces children :)

The text on the book does neither express my personal believes nor my political views... In my humble opinion there is no room for that here. It is also NOT meant to offend people in anyway... I saw it merely as a practical joke :D But maybe it inspires people to read more books and may be it inspires people to do some more critical thinking and helps people to looks at hings from different angles and perspectives.... Welll that is a good thing after all I guess

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/De%20Atramentis%20Bookworm/Bookworm%20sampler%20FPN_zpszp6fuqly.jpg

own here are some of the technical specs (as suggested by Ann Finley 2007)

(not copied in but for this ink)

points 1-5 1 = :( 5= :)

Fountain Pens: Online Best Writer 0,8 italic nib, Kaweco Calligrapy Classic Sport 1,5 Italic

Paper: Vleveka Classic Line Paperand ordinary copying paper

Drying time: EXTREMELY FAST :D nib points 5

Flow: very smooth even in both the cheap and potenitally scratchy Dip Pens points: 5

Lubrication: wet points: 5

Feathering : None points 5

Bleeding: nada points 5

Shading: AWESOME :yikes: points: %

Waterproof: goof points: 4

Package: only i glass bottles

Availabilty: De Atramentis http://www.de-atramentis .com

For the Sake of Humanity I ho e that these inks will be available all over the world and it's surroundings ;) SOON! Maybe I write the always friendly Rik and Dennis of http://la.couronneducomte.nl an E-mail..... They are always willing to help us FPN-ers :thumbup: Rik told me no problem what you need we can almost always order it :thumbup:

The Colour

Deep dark green. I would call it pine forest green or moss green... Just lke i called the green of the De Atramentis Jane Austen Ink https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262586-lovely-liquids-de-atramentis-jane-austen-green/

Ink Vomit on a normal paper with a bit of a blowjob :)

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/De%20Atramentis%20Bookworm/Ink%20vomit%202%20FPN_zpsriq10u0y.jpg

Ink vomit on kitchen paper

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/De%20Atramentis%20Bookworm/ink%20vomit%20FPN_zpsvik14vw2.jpgWaterproof :excl:

Comparion of D-A Bookworm and D-A Jane Austen

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/De%20Atramentis%20Bookworm/comp%20jane%20bookworm%20FPN_zpsmx3ttipd.jpg

It appears to me that the basis of the Jane Austen and the Bookworm is similar.... Colours are very much a like... But beautiful in my opinion :wub:

The Scent

Does this ink has a nice smell.... In my opinion YES!!! OLD BOOKS!!!. I can Imagine that this is not to everyones liking.

The scent is very decent though. After a few days there is only as smell left if your nose is close to the paper.... This make it suitable for everyday work.... Only the Connaisseur will know :)

Ink Behaviour

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/De%20Atramentis%20Bookworm/Bookworm%20Handtest%20FPN_zpsikfisqfs.jpg

The ink behaves excellently....

No feathering at all. Showthrough is very little and is even acceptable withbroader nibs

The inks is very wet and smoot but very quickly drying.... Maybe this is an ink you should consider if you are a lefthand writer....

Because of it's wetness and excellent lubrication the writng experience is very smooth... Even in potentially scratchy (0.8 italic) nibs :thumbup:

Waterproof

This ink had a 1-hour Jacques Cousteau diving experience in a bowl of water.... Although the colour and the scent have vanished..... The words are completely and utterly legible....

Another reason why this ink is excellent for work

Verdict

This is my first scented ink and I like it. As a reading addict it is sort of a musthave :happyberet: .

The colour is very much a like of that of the De Atramentis Jane Austen.... (but with a little extra haha)

A lovely dark green.....

I :wub: it

Regards Peter

Edited by Morbus Curiositas

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

• Newjelan

• Aquaria

• PaperDarts

What an awesome review! You made my day

ps....I love De Atrimantis inks...5 bottles just arrived yesterday from Goulet Pens.

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

What an awesome review! You made my day

ps....I love De Atrimantis inks...5 bottles just arrived yesterday from Goulet Pens.

Cool five bottles arrived today.... drool :puddle: Bit jealous now :)

Just hope the jokes on the book did not offend you :)

Enjoy the inks!!!

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Nice color.

I will send you a sample....

Beautiful colour and what a fantastic idea - an ink that smells of old books. I'm definitely ordering some! Thanks for the review.

Beautiful colour and what a fantastic idea - an ink that smells of old books. I'm definitely ordering some! Thanks for the review.

If you order it maybe it is nice to know that you can order 4 bottles and pay only for 3....

Just send an e mail to Dr Jansen on the following adress http://info@de-atramentis.com

please do enter the followingsentence

Peter 4 für 3; 4 bestellen 3 zahlen (order 4 pay 3)..

This way you get four bottles and pay only for 3

Regards

Peter

Wel if I got you interested in the book too...

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/De%20Atramentis%20Bookworm/piketty%20and%20book_zpspysyxlx0.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Capital-Twenty-First-Century-Thomas-Piketty/dp/1491534656

Lectori Salutem!

Peter

Goodness, how intriguing - an ink that smells like a library full of old books could turn me into a chronic nib-sniffer...is that even a thing?? :)

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

Goodness, how intriguing - an ink that smells like a library full of old books could turn me into a chronic nib-sniffer...is that even a thing?? :)

I think that sending you a sample might be a good idea then?

Very nice color. I have tried DA's scented green tea and liked it. This may be something to acquire after the 7 bottles of green ink I have disappear.

Regards,

Be Happy, work at it. Namaste

Thanks, I think! I've never been a fan, or understood the point, of scented inks. But your review, the colour and the smell of old books have me sold. Bliss!

Very nice color. I have tried DA's scented green tea and liked it. This may be something to acquire after the 7 bottles of green ink I have disappear.

Regards,

Green tea ..... Very healthy ink :)

How long does the scent last and is it very profound or subtle

Just hope the jokes on the book did not offend you :)

The one on the 'back cover' had me :lticaptd:. Almost - but not quite - took my attention away from the excellence of your review.

Thanks, I think! I've never been a fan, or understood the point, of scented inks. But your review, the colour and the smell of old books have me sold. Bliss!

Exactly what I thought.... But maybe maybe i am going to buy some more....

I love wine and whisky.... Dr J. makes ink out of wine.... You can send him a bottle of your favourite wine and Dr J makes 12 bottles of ink out of your wine..

I love peaty smokey island/Islay whiskies.... Dr J carries a standard ink I have to ask him if he can make ink of Talisker whisky :puddle:

I think that sending you a sample might be a good idea then?

I sent you a PM - let's talk!!

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

It appears to me that the basis of the Jane Austen and the Bookworm is similar.... Colours are very much a like...

That's because they're the same color. Dunkelgrün / Dark Green.

Can we get a sample? I'm in US.

Of Course