Wonderful Service From Atsu/cool-Japan

stevesurf

Big thanks to Atsu, also know on eBay as cool-japan. A wonderful seller; they got me three Sailor Kingdom Note inks to me in the US in about a week and at better pricing on eBay. Also thanks to saskia_madding for the links that led me to Atsu:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/261536-about-my-reviews/

eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/japaneseproductsonlinestore/

The Gmail address is cooljapan21

If anyone is interested, I purchased the following:

Nipponia nippon

Tanna japonensis

Garrulus lidthi

Edited by stevesurf

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevesurf

• Cryptos

• haruka337

• migo984

Thanks to Alarickc who provided me with his contact information I also can add my thanks to Cool Japan. He was most accommodating & made ordering effortless. I added something from his Ebay site as well & received both yesterday. Beautifully packaged & shipping with ease of obtaining the "odd" ink. I am sure White Rabbit has his followers as well but for my needs I think I shall follow Cool Japan!

I ordered his small notebook with front & back cover showing the swatches of Kobe ink & am afraid it may be FATAL......before I couldn't really determine much from the Ebay site but NOW 50 Kobes in LIVING COLOR!

Thanks to Alarickc who provided me with his contact information I also can add my thanks to Cool Japan. He was most accommodating & made ordering effortless. I added something from his Ebay site as well & received both yesterday. Beautifully packaged & shipping with ease of obtaining the "odd" ink. I am sure White Rabbit has his followers as well but for my needs I think I shall follow Cool Japan!

I ordered his small notebook with front & back cover showing the swatches of Kobe ink & am afraid it may be FATAL......before I couldn't really determine much from the Ebay site but NOW 50 Kobes in LIVING COLOR!

Thanks for sharing that; I will have to take a look at those notebooks!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

OoOoOoOh! I'd love to get my hands on Kingdom's Insect Higirashi, Mushroom Sakurate & Wild Bird Pheasant. I just bought some Kobe Ink this weekend from ebay seller cool-japan, do you think they'd special order inks by customer request?

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

OoOoOoOh! I'd love to get my hands on Kingdom's Insect Higirashi, Mushroom Sakurate & Wild Bird Pheasant. I just bought some Kobe Ink this weekend from ebay seller cool-japan, do you think they'd special order inks by customer request?

All you need to do is ask - I would think if they can find it, then you'll have it :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

He's the best. So nice and super efficient. I'm glad everyone is getting a chance to try these inks!

Thanks again, Saskia for the referral; these inks are so interesting and complex - I think the bigger the nib, the better so you can see the shading :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Ah! Order placed yesterday. :thumbup:

It's great to know that this seller can obtain inks by request!

Thanks you two!

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

• 1 year later...

Update on further outstanding service - this time via his eBay site. Simply wonderful seller, fast shipping, and consistently great items. This time, I was able to get two glorious writers at opposite ends of the spectrum:

Platinum #3776 Century Bourgogne Double Broad nib

-and-

Platinum #3776 Century Chartres Ultra Extra Fine nib

Both pens are the amazing, smooth Sailor signature writing experience with minimum (or lack of) flex.

Atsu is wonderful and his mantra to introduce unique goods from Japan is equally great.

Here is his eBay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Japanese-Products-Online-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~gcAAOSw0QFXDFDY/s-l500.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/CiUAAOSwKfVXEQX8/s-l500.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Atsu is one of the very best sellers on eBay. Completely trustworthy, from my experience. I've placed many orders with him & he's never let me down.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I contacted Atsu regarding the purchase of just a single bottle of ink. This was for personal use of course as I am no re-seller. He told me that it was not possible as he himself couldn't acquire any. To then find that he is selling the same ink under a different eBay account but as an auction is very disappointing. For this reason alone I have crossed him off my list of favoured sellers and now place any orders for Japanese pens/inks through Pisuke instead.

Atsu is the eBay seller I have had the best dealings with. I can understand your ire at him selling those rare inks via auction under a different name, but I actually think that's understandable. Not trying to start a row.

I understand it from a purely business perspective, but from a customer service perspective it is not good. So, as a customer I will vote with my feet and take my dollars elsewhere. For what it is worth I place a high value on transparency.

That makes sense. Is it the seller tgif21? I wondered when I won a couple of the auctions and the payments went to the same PayPal address.

To the original point of this thread, I bought a saibi togi from atsu that was horribly scratchy. He offered to pay the cost of shipping it to sailor for repair as well as sending it back to me after repair. That kind of customer service is above and beyond in my opinion.