I Always Want A True Writer After The Color Is Discontinued

Misfit

It seems like I notice the True Writer pens in the Levenger catalog, and think oh I like that color. Then I forget about it. When the Sea Glass model went on sale, I didn't buy it. I didn't realize that it was being discontinued. Then I really wanted it. It took a year but I found a set of True Writer fountain pen and pencil in Sea Glass and got it.

Flash forward to today. I had found the Bouquet version on the Levenger eBay outlet. I waited till the last minute to put in a bid. Not enough. I bid $5 higher and achieved high bidder status. Was trying to up my bid a few dollars more when the auction ended and I lost the pen.

I tried to rationalize that at least I stayed true to only bidding what I thought I should, which was basically the Levenger sale price going on right now with the Fall Foliage model.

But I find myself disappointed I lost the auction. Would bidding $75 have won it when $70 was the winning bid? I'll never know.

What I do know is I really want the True Writer in Bouquet. Back to periodically searching for it, and hope I find it like I found the Sea Glass model. And I hope I learn the lesson: when you like a True Writer color, buy it.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• Solstice

• TXKat

I can relate. I missed the Cafe Au Lait and French Impressionist models, and have been trying to check the outlet often in case they pop up. I'm especially mad at myself for not getting the Cafe Au Lait pen during any of the many sales they had over the past year or so..

You might consider calling one or all 3 of their retail stores. It's possible they might have one, but not guaranteed.

With several sales, how are we to know when the last sale before end of stock happens? Here's hoping we both find the models we really want.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

There is a new True Writer out called Java. This time I'll keep a better lookout for a sale and get one at the right time.

While I still wish I'd gotten the Bouquet version, I like brown and coffee, so this fits what I'd like at a under $100 price.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• 1 month later...

I saw a sale for the Bouquet version that ended June 6. I contacted the seller, and he found 2 more of those True Writers. He put them on eBay as Buy It Now.

I got the True Writer in Bouquet finally, and with shipping for $52. (So did another lucky person) The seller could have upped the price but didn't, so I'd say he's a truly honorable person.

Now I have to wait for it to ship and arrive.

I still hope I've learned the lesson though. Get them while they are in stock.

Posted Image

It arrived today and is a beauty. Glad to have it along with Sea Glass and Java. I got it for less than the eBay auction I mentioned above. The seller indicated it was opened but never used.

I put in a cartridge of J Herbin Larmes de Cassis, and it closely matches one of the pen's colors. So happy to have the Bouquet version.

I hope Soltice finds Cafe au Lait and French Impressionists versions.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Gosh, I used to get True Writers back when they first were sold. I've still got my white and green ones and love the way they write. I've since acquired a beautiful red and one I call grapefruit, but I'm amazed at how much these pens go for these days! :D I guess people figured out they are great pens and they produce some beautiful colors! Hope you all find your wanted pen.

...okay, now I have to go look...

This site is full of enablers!!! :lticaptd:

Just sayin.... *grin*

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)