Special Edition Safari Parade

ink-syringe

Now this is a strange one that I hadn't realised was part of my accidental collection. Not a special edition as such, but so old now that it almost counts as such. It is a uninked old style red Safari with black clip, unmarked black nib and a black plastic cartridge lock out ring.

attachicon.gifIMG_2327.jpg

when I refer to Lamy Safari reliability, tough ABS, great clip, but lost in a vehicle's hot summer sun for two-ish months, and wrote the daily reports at first touch to paper.. it's the red one above. it earned my loyalty : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ink-syringe

• tinkerteacher

• laoriginaltec

• Sal the List Maker

Wow, you guys are lucky to have gotten your hands on one! I hunted for this brown Lamy for days. I visited 3 different LINE stores including the flagship store in Apgujeong and they were always sold out. This thing flew off the shelves like crazy. I guess it was a matter of having good timing...

After all that I ended up selling mine. I didn't want to or intended too but I had the cute sheep Safari as well as a few others (see above) and a Shaeffer Legacy I came across the radar so I decided to jump and I needed the money. I love the Safari but there ain't no Safari on planet earth better than a Sheaffer Legacy I with Mottishaw nib work on it. So I essentially traded as the moment I sold the Safari I paid for the Sheaffer. Totally worth it. $137 well spent. Epic pen.

But, like I said, still have a bunch of Safari, a 2k, and my beloved Lamy 27n.

Edited by ink-syringe

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

A weird thing happened: I stopped looking & then one appeared in my office today.

/want

I am dying here of the cute.

I am living here in the land of the cute. Surrounded by cuteness. heh. As you can imagine these FLEW off the shelves. I knew way in advance these were coming and I still had to call in some favors (including calling LAMY Korea directly) to get one. I actually didn't care about the bears, I just wanted a matte brown Safari but alas, he is gone.

But in his place is a fantastic Sheaffer Legacy that feels every bit as deluxe and luxurious as a high dollar Pelikan or Montblanc but for a tiny fraction of the price. So no regrets there.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for another but I doubt i'll find one.

/want

I am dying here of the cute.

• 3 months later...

He's back. & brought 2 new friends with him. I waited on line but out in the heat and the rain and still they sold out of Fountain pens. So I got 2 roller balls

http://cl.ly/image/1E382T1v3j3a/11875089_440252429468737_4596197056697051421_o.jpg

All sold out. Again sold out in a day. oof. Wish they would make these in enough quantity that at least those of us who live a subway ride away could at least get them. Would have helped if I saw the announcement earlier. I could have gotten on line sooner, but the one day I stay off FB something actually gets announced.

Waaaaaaah! I need the bunny Lamy! XO

Edited by ink-syringe

I did not realize that both the duck and the rabbit where out. Can't wait to get them. I hope the person I purchased the bear from on eBay will be selling these as well soon.

Managed to get all three after all. I'll post a picture when i get home.

Just quick and dirty:

http://cl.ly/image/3w1b0u0Y1i45/20150822_114442-1.jpg

Korea does weird stuff. We get Lamy pens in different boxes all the pens are sold unboxed and then re-box (usually in the wrong box). And all pens here usually have to be sold with a converter, which is nice but everything here is 3x what most everyone else pays in North America, Europe and Asia.

With the possible minor exception of this Line collaboration, Korea is likely the worst modern industrialized nation to have a pen habit in. ha!

Go to Kyobo Books to buy a Lamy 2000? That's $320.00 please.

There are all kinds off odd mysterious regulations here about pens that I don't get. But oddly these are shrink wrapped, which you never see when you buy pens here.

You are only allowed to buy 3 so my friend got 3 and I got 3. I already had the brown bear, I'll sell one this new one and keep one each of the others. Also now that I got the FP, i'll flip the rollerballs. But yeah got the whole family now. haha.

Just quick and dirty:

http://cl.ly/image/3w1b0u0Y1i45/20150822_114442-1.jpg

It seems to me like the yellow and white pens are, unlike the brown ones, just normal safaris with that stickers on their clip? Is this true? However, would be great to see some more detailed pictures of your pens!

Congratulations for getting a whole set of those rare pens! :)

C.P.

Just quickly, one difference is that they have the the names of the characters on them just like the first one. So the Yellow one says "Sally" on it and white says "Cony"