Special Edition Safari Parade

ink-syringe

I am sort of hoping to keep this as a running topic. There are a lot of unusual Safari pens out there. For example Safari pens that have logos or are specially made for an occasion or are just limited editions. This year in Korea, Lamy is making a special pen in conjunction with the company LINE.

I thought it would be good if folks posted what they have or have seen up here.

Here is the one due out next month for LINE. Which was not Green as I predicted (to match their cell phone app icon) and is nothing like what I imagined. It is seemingly aimed for folks younger than me (heh).

post-115445-0-19515100-1425988870_thumb.jpg

post-115445-0-07982900-1425988887_thumb.jpg

Edited by ink-syringe

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ink-syringe

• tinkerteacher

• laoriginaltec

• Sal the List Maker

Here are my Safari (minus 2). (I keep getting them as gifts). I have given some away and may do so again. I still enjoy the Safari. They are very light, cozy (luckily i have a standard grip), easy to clean, & sturdy. I have had dozens of them over the years and only gotten one bad one. The ones I have now all write perfectly. They seem to love MB inks and so the Green, Yellow, and the Vista are all loaded with MB inks. As is the new one (Toffee Brown).

But the reason for this post is the new one. It's a blue limited Special New Year Edition for 2015, not available for sale but won in a give-away on line. It is a sheep for the current lunar new year and is actually what I am (not telling you though what year I was born though).

I have (had?) one other special one. My favorite and favorite color (orange). It was made specially for the Seoul Fountain Pen Club. I sent it to Lamy to be repaired about a year ago and never got it back. It had a very cool emblem on the cap.

post-115445-0-14772400-1425990116_thumb.jpg

post-115445-0-75892000-1425990126_thumb.jpg

post-115445-0-61613700-1425990136_thumb.jpg

Oh my I do hope I'll be able to get that Lamy x Line pen - I want to gift that to my friend!

Don't have Safaris though - only Al-Stars. One a standard purple and the other Champagne, 2013's colour of the year

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

How cute is that bear on the brown Safari! What a bummer you never got your orange Safari back - I'd be so hardbroken.

ETA: I'm a mum of teenagers but I totally wouldn't mind one of those bear-adorned Safaris in my collection LOL *always young at heart!*

Edited by Sal the List Maker

How cute is that bear on the brown Safari! What a bummer you never got your orange Safari back - I'd be so hardbroken.

Bummed. I'd trade 2 or 3 of these others to get that orange one back but I did win that Blue one so I guess things did kind of even out. I like orange better but it is the year of the sheep and I am a sheep (insert joke here: _____)

Pretty much just into Japanese pens or vintage pens these days but still really dig the Safari despite the funky 80s "Member's Only" vibe. I can write a long time with them, I don't worry if i am ever going to loose or break one and mine are always reliable. The Yellow and Green have been sitting inked since November and I just tried both and they wrote straight a way.

Eventually I will probably give those away and just hang on to the Vista and the Sheep. But they all have different inks and different nibs.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Special edition colors are cool. I was aiming for stuff that was more funky but really anything goes that isn't a stock item.

I'll admit the light blue with the red clip has always delighted me.

But i really don't want to get into collecting Safari and already have more than I want/need/should but I can't imagine not having at least one around and I get a kick out of the Sheep. heh.

I am really excited about that Lamy x Line Safari! Do you know if it will see wider release outside of S. Korea? I was looking on the lamyfriends site the other day, and it mentioned 3/16 as the release date.

I am not super familiar with the characters as I don't use the app, but I love that matte brown!

I am really excited about that Lamy x Line Safari! Do you know if it will see wider release outside of S. Korea? I was looking on the lamyfriends site the other day, and it mentioned 3/16 as the release date.

I am not super familiar with the characters as I don't use the app, but I love that matte brown!

I was told only Korea.

I like the Brown too and you can use it w/o the bears so ....

Do you know any service that re-ship from Korea to Europe? I NEED that pen :)

Edited by darknight670

My 9 yr old would love this Safari with the bear attachments. I'd want one too!
Wonder if we can get it shipped to the United States...

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

As long as it's not too limited I'd imagine sellers will pop up who'll ship to the rest of the world. Hopefully at not too an expensive price

Do you know any service that re-ship from Korea to Europe? I NEED that pen :)

Yep me too. Could do without the bear but like the brown colour. Here's hoping.,..

Why couldn't they have made a brown one for this years special edition that's a lot nicer. Then the neon green or what ever it is meant to be.

The primary market in Europe and Asia seems to be school children, where handwriting is still used.

Children like neon colors and cute designs, hence the partnership with Line.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Yep me too. Could do without the bear but like the brown colour. Here's hoping.,..

I would like that pen as well, their hasn't been a brown Lamy safari yet, so even without the bear it is quite a collector's item. Anybody from South Korea willing to organise a group buy?

Bear! :wub: if it appears this will become available outside of South Korea, please spread the word here!

ok this instantly resonated just because it's a cute bear. Looks cool on the clip.

But, and this may sound ridiculously silly, what is the back story of this bear and its co-characters? Is it merely A Bear? or is there some story or cartoon character behind the Bear? Cute bear named Brown?, or cranky bear that wields machete on its work day foraging for honey, or some weird thing?

Edited by pen2paper

So I tried to order the pen last night before it sold out. However there is a Korean payment company that is used. It requires that the person have a Korean phone service and or IP. If someone knows of anyone in Korea that can help out it would be great. I am also waiting to hear back from another site that sells Line Friends Products.

https://youtu.be/s1NvObzXDNQ

Not sure I can help. It appears to be available in Seoul in the Line flagship store in Shinsa dong and not available in pen shops. Not sure. I am not in Seoul at the moment so I really don't know.

Here is a video. hehe.