Fountain Pens Of Denmark

bigben

Zinklar Zinglersen & Co was the first Company in Denmark (c. 1922) to make fountain pens. Before that time all fountain pens were imported mostly from Germany, USA and UK.
Brand names were: Tete Rouge, Dana-pennen, Absalon, Mount Everest and ZZ. The pens were safety fillers and button fillers in black hard rubber and the quality is exceptional good.
Tete Rouge (english: redtop) was much inspired by Montblanc´s Rouge et Noir.

Edited by bigben

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigben

• peterg

• line

• amk

Top Posters In This Topic

Øj, spændende! Det kunne være, at jeg skulle gå på opdagelse herhjemme, loppemarkeder etc., i løbet af foråret!

Øj, spændende! Det kunne være, at jeg skulle gå på opdagelse herhjemme, loppemarkeder etc., i løbet af foråret!

De er meget svære at finde - selv i København - hvor de havde fabrik.

(even in Copenhagen, Denmark where the factory was situated it is very to find these pens)

Edited by bigben

Is the ZZ a capless... or does it come with a Top? :)

Seriously though, that Tete Rouge is a gorgeous pen. The imprint on the barrel is fun, too: it looks as if it's in Courier font, a bit quirky compared to the Parker or Waterman imprints. I have a few Big Bens and other Danish pens - excellent quality - but nothing as nice as this.

By the way, why was it Denmark that saw all the pen action for the Nordic countries? Or are there a load of Norwegian and Swedish brands we don't know about?

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

As usual in life - a number of incidental occurrences:

1. George S. Parker (visiting Copenhagen 1903)
2. Chr. Olsen (obtaining distribution rights for Parker Pens in all Scandinavia)

3. The Great Depression 1929 followed by heavy import restrictions in Denmark
4. The danish "pen trio" who initiated the production in Denmark (Chr. Olsen Parker/Penol), (Alfred Th. Öberg Montblanc), (Nils Benzon Wahl Eversharp/BigBen).

There are some local produced brands in Sweden: Aurora, Gazell, Pennett, Runa Scribo and Zoltan - Gazell being the most noticeable.
I have never seen or heard about any Norwegian brands.

Edited by bigben

As usual in life - a number of incidental occurrences:

1. George S. Parker (visiting Copenhagen 1903)

2. Chr. Olsen (obtaining distribution rights for Parker Pens in all Scandinavia)

3. The Great Depression 1929 followed by heavy import restrictions in Denmark

4. The danish "pen trio" who initiated the production in Denmark (Chr. Olsen Parker/Penol), (Alfred Th. Öberg Montblanc), (Nils Benzon Wahl Eversharp/BigBen).

There are some local produced brands in Sweden: Aurora, Gazell, Pennett, Runa Scribo and Zoltan - Gazell being the most noticeable.

The most common Norwegian fountain pen is "Pan". I've also heard of something called "Norsk Fyllepenfabrikk", but this may possibly be the name of the company that made the Pan pens.

There is some evidence that at least some of the Pan nibs were made by Bock.

The most common Norwegian fountain pen is "Pan". I've also heard of something called "Norsk Fyllepenfabrikk", but this may possibly be the name of the company that made the Pan pens.

There is some evidence that at least some of the Pan nibs were made by Bock.

Very interesting but very confusing. In his book "Fountain Pens of The World" Andy Lambruo claims that Pan is a German brand produced by the company Zahn, Leser & Co. in Mannheim.

Another thread on Fountain Pen Network also states that the manufactor is: Oberrheinische Federhalterfabrik Zahn, Leser & Compagnie Heidelberg and Mannheim/ Germany, since 1947.

Edited by bigben

Very interesting but very confusing. In his book "Fountain Pens of The World" Andy Lambruo claims that Pan is a German brand produced by the company Zahn, Leser & Co. in Mannheim.

Another thread on Fountain Pen Network also states that the manufactor is: Oberrheinische Federhalterfabrik Zahn, Leser & Compagnie Heidelberg and Mannheim/ Germany, since 1947.

Thanks for sharing - these are beautiful pens! Where did you find them all?

Just to jump in, would a Heimdal be a Danish or Norwegian pen? There is nothing to indicate where it was made on the barrel or nib, just that word.

Just to jump in, would a Heimdal be a Danish or Norwegian pen? There is nothing to indicate where it was made on the barrel or nib, just that word.

NOT Norwegian. Import pen to Denmark (and Sweden) - some pens made by Aikin Lambert.

Does anyone have information about the Hoover brand of pens? I was told they were from Denmark. Or, the Selector, which I believe to be from Holland.

I have one of each brand, and they are very nice writers.

There are three or four dealers active on E-Bay mr.2cv, Ka???(numbers), broagerantik, gedbuk who may sell direct as well

Do any of you guys know a retailer of vintage or new pens and ink here in Denmark?

Vintage pens can sometimes be found on fleamarkets and such.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have information about the Hoover brand of pens? I was told they were from Denmark. Or, the Selector, which I believe to be from Holland.

I have one of each brand, and they are very nice writers.

We have this thread on Hoover. It's inked and on my desk now :-)

• 3 weeks later...

There is at least one Norwegian brand called Pan. They were produced by "Norsk Fyllepennfabrikk". This is a "Pan Jr.", a fountain pen my father got from his grandmother when he was young (around 1957):

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/Mobile%20Uploads/82fc2e69-fc6a-4e75-8ecf-e413a6ef4e84_zpsynfpl4jj.jpg

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg

There is at least one Norwegian brand called Pan. They were produced by "Norsk Fyllepennfabrikk". This is a "Pan Jr.", a fountain pen my father got from his grandmother when he was young (around 1957):

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/Mobile%20Uploads/82fc2e69-fc6a-4e75-8ecf-e413a6ef4e84_zpsynfpl4jj.jpg

Nice pen, is it a piston filler?

It's a buttonfiller.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg