J. Herbin 50Ml 1670 Massdrop

Last Knight

Massdrop is doing a new drop for J. Herbin's 1670 anniversary inks - 2 bottles of Stormy Grey and one of Rouge Hematite. Direct link: here.

Space is limited, 150 available. Well, 149 now. ^_^

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Knight

• HollyGolightly

• ThePrecursor

• saskia_madding

No ocean blue though, because ocean blue won't be available to the US market until the end of March. :(

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Massdrop is doing a new drop for J. Herbin's 1670 anniversary inks - 2 bottles of Stormy Grey and one of Rouge Hematite. Direct link: here.

Space is limited, 150 available. Well, 149 now. ^_^

Just came in here to post this. Great minds! I'll definitely be signing up later today (I'm a little sour I get charged sales tax for living in Jersey but c'est la vie!)

I actually prefer getting 2 bottles of Stormy Grey. It's currently my favorite ink and having 2 back ups pleases me greatly, and would allow me to use it less sparingly than I have been. I have an ink hoarder mentality. :lol:

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Just came in here to post this. Great minds! I'll definitely be signing up later today (I'm a little sour I get charged sales tax for living in Jersey but c'est la vie!)

I actually prefer getting 2 bottles of Stormy Grey. It's currently my favorite ink and having 2 back ups pleases me greatly, and would allow me to use it less sparingly than I have been. I have an ink hoarder mentality. :lol:

...is it creepy to admit that you were the person I immediately thought of when I saw it? :D

I'm a little disappointed at the lack of Ocean Blue, but I hear nice things about Stormy Grey and am looking forward to trying them out.

Also, sucks about the sales tax but... you live in New Jersey. Surely you're used to it by now?

...is it creepy to admit that you were the person I immediately thought of when I saw it? :D

I'm a little disappointed at the lack of Ocean Blue, but I hear nice things about Stormy Grey and am looking forward to trying them out.

Also, sucks about the sales tax but... you live in New Jersey. Surely you're used to it by now?

Ha! When I came and saw you'd posted it I had figured if anyone beat me to it it was probably you :D

I hear ocean blue is nice but truthfully can easily see myself going through 2 bottles of stormy grey (not counting the one I currently have and just put into a FPR flex pen... cough cough). With two bottles of the stuff you could probably mix your own blue-grey concoction. Stormy Ocean, anyone?

Everyone's always picking on New Jersey :crybaby: . I'm tempted to have them deliver it to my place of employment but I don't exactly trust our mail room either. I wonder if it's worth the gamble. On the plus side I know it wouldn't be sitting outside my door all day until I got home from work. But at work they're slow and who knows what they do with those packages... and with the giant MASSDROP on the side of the box, it isn't subtle, either!

Edited by Christina

Just FYI this is a relaunched drop . I was in on it the last time, but sadly when my ink arrived it was a dried leaky mess, due to the poor packaging of the ink. They basically just tossed the individual shrink wrapped bottles into a large box with barely any padding. After this experience I'm hesitant to buy ink again from Massdrop.

Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of SWAG.

I seem to hear some disturbing stories about Massdrop lately. Shame, I really would want to get my hands on those two Stormy Grays, then I would be set with the 1670 bottles with two of each.

Just FYI this is a relaunched drop . I was in on it the last time, but sadly when my ink arrived it was a dried leaky mess, due to the poor packaging of the ink. They basically just tossed the individual shrink wrapped bottles into a large box with barely any padding. After this experience I'm hesitant to buy ink again from Massdrop.

Did you contact the site/get reimbursed?

Did you contact the site/get reimbursed?

Their customer support is surprisingly quick. I sent them an email asking for a refund and they credited it to my paypal account within 24 hours.

Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of SWAG.

That's good news. I'll see how it goes. Maybe they'll learn from the last go round. Maybe.

• 1 month later...

My inks have finally arrived! Having fun playing with these, I loaded up two Preppy Platinum 05 nib eyedroppers and I've been scribbling away. The gold sheen is fairly subtle, but I haven't had any issues with flow yet...

I just got my package this morning: 2 Bleu Ocean and 1 Rouge Hematite. And I have to wait a little bit before I can try them!!

I just received my new FPR Guru yesterday in the mail and the Guru was going to be the one to try out my new ink, because it's a demonstrator and because people say it's easy to clean. But I couldn't wait to try it out, so I filled it with Pelikan 4001 violet. It's a great pen to write with, so I think I'll get through this first fill quickly (especially since I'm currently marking student drafts about Jane Austen adaptations).