• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flyshot

• ScienceChick

• kidneychris

• lauriemcf

I see that there have to be 200 votes to contact a distributor but do there have to be 200 votes for a specific pen for it to be an option?

Edited for clarity

Edited by ScienceChick

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

No 200 votes overall

The most popular options in the poll will make it on to the "drop"

Edited by kidneychris

Is it ok if I add another Pelikan demo, the M205 to the vote?

--never mind, I just found the M205 is up for voting already--if anyone wants to add a vote, that would be cool.

Edited by paloma32

Voted for the Cafe Creme. My husband wants this one and I KNOW he'll let me use it because I've lent him my Platinum #3776 Chartres Blue for ages. (I can't justfiy buying any more pens for a long time!)

Edited by Newjelan

Is Massdrop USA based ?

If so, anyone ordered from the UK ? I guess we have to factor in VAT and handling charges on top of the price

The poll is up to 310 votes now, well above the total necessary for Massdrop to pursue it, so hopefully this will indeed happen.

Thus far, according to the stats on Massdrop, the Café Crème is in the lead with 123 votes, the M205 has 89 & the demonstrator 69; only 29 for the Classic M200. The Café Crème will be chosen I am sure, but I am also quite sure we need more love for the demonstrator, my 2nd choice. :D (Though, to be honest, the more photos of the Café Crème M200 I see, the more lustful become my thoughts. :P It has a very nice looking combination of colors, IMHO.)

First things first, of course, but the next hurdle will be to get folks to actually BUY one of the pens via Massdrop so that we can get the pen or pens down to the lowest possible prices.

Holly

First time mass dropper from UK.. Would like to how this works out. Went for all four!

Pen Chalet in the US is taking pre-orders and mentions a March ship date. With the code PenAddict there's 10% off.

First time mass dropper from UK.. Would like to how this works out. Went for all four!

I'd be careful ordering from the UK. You'll probably have to pay 20% VAT and a £8 handling charge on top of the purchase+shipping cost. It may end up cheaper buying from a regular internet shop.

You can pick up a Cafe Creme for £90 posted currently, the mass drop price would need to be below £69 to get any savings, and I'd probably want it at £50 to make it worth my while.

Edited by Ste_S

I hope this drop happens. Voted Cafe Creme

I hope it happens also. Is there a time limit to reaching 200 votes?

Edited by flyshot

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

I hope it happens also. Is there a time limit to reaching 200 votes?

Already did :)

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

A big "Duh" to me!!! If I had read the post correctly.

Yep...that's the story of my life!!! I'm one CrAzY grandmother...😳

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

Just voted for the Cafe Creme!

351 total votes - 147 just for the Cafe Creme, 101 M205, 74 for the M200 Demo and 30 M200 Classic

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Massdrop is great -- I got a m400 on a recent drop for $200 and there was no issue at all doing a nib exchange with Chartpak. I don't think it's grey market.