Pen Review - Jinhao 886 (Colorful Cute Bullet) - Amazing Writer

mehandiratta

I am amazed by the n number of inexpensive pens without the compromise on quality front from major of the Chinese pen manufacturers especially Hero and Jinhao.... There are other expensive Chinese pen also there with the likes of duke, kaigelu....

Recently i got hold of lot of Jinhao pens which I will be reviewing in future days to come one by one.

Today I am reviewing "Jinhao 886" what looks like an big bullet...

img_20150226_0944042.jpg

Design & Built :

The pen looks and is built like a bullet. Its construction quality is amazing. Not very heavy not that light also. Just apt for its size. Yes, this is a small size pen which looks very cute.

Comes in variety of colors like neon green, blue, gold, black, and red. These are the only colors that i have seen up till now.

img_20150226_0842022.jpg

The pen looks very cute and beautiful. I have recently developed craze for small pens. Acquiring Kaweco Lilliput, Kaweco Ice Sport and Pilot Petit 1 recently. And yes i believe this pen stands out there as among the best. Also I am trying to get one small pen customized but that for the later.

The pen barrel and cap are metal which are painted in various finishes. The cap itself is small and gets easily posted at back. The cap easily comes out in 2 turns. AND yes one more thing just like Jinhao 159, this pen has threaded section and cap easily snugs in to the pen after 2 turns.

img_20150226_0925582.jpg

The built quality is impeccable for such lowly priced pen. The clip of the pen is sturdy and tight with choir logo at the top of clip, visible in pic above. There is silver colored center-band which is in tapered profile towards the barrel.

img_20150226_0907532.jpg

img_20150226_0906462.jpg

The Section is made of black colored plastic which seems to be of good quality unlike the foul smelling Walitys.

For further review and more images and handwriting samples would request you to please visit my blog LINK

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• Helen350

• Miles R.

• PortiaDaCosta

Thanks for the review. First time I've seen this model. I like the fact the cap screws onto the barrel. I've had the inner plastic sleeve expand or crack in several Jinhaos with slip-on caps.

Thanks for the review.

I love small pens. I've just ordered one of these on the strength of your review. Can't go wrong at such a modest price! :)

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com

Thanks for the review. First time I've seen this model. I like the fact the cap screws onto the barrel. I've had the inner plastic sleeve expand or crack in several Jinhaos with slip-on caps.

This time the inner lining is top notch

vaibhav mehandiratta

Thanks for the review.

I love small pens. I've just ordered one of these on the strength of your review. Can't go wrong at such a modest price! :)

Yes I agree... You cave go wrong at this price

vaibhav mehandiratta

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 of these now, but only have one inked at the moment. It does write very well, wet but not too broad.

However, it has a definite problem starting, being bone dry even after a couple of hours. Requires a 'swish' in a little water to get it going. Once it's going, there is no ink of skipping or anything.

I've now inked a second to see how it compares. The nibs do need a little Micromeshing to get the best smoothness though.

Great review, especially on the click through site. Could you measure the diameter of the section? I couldnt seem to find that. Thanks

Great review, especially on the click through site. Could you measure the diameter of the section? I couldnt seem to find that. Thanks

Will surely let you know by tomorrow

vaibhav mehandiratta

A size comparison will be helpful

There is a link in first post here... At bottom... It will take you to WordPress page for size comparison

vaibhav mehandiratta

Hi

a well written review with crisp and contrasting images.

I ordered myself a jinhao 500 series pen online, not sure about the quality.

However can you also comment on the type/quality of nib used?

Is it jaggy or smooth?

Reagards :)

Always enjoy learning about new pens.

Thank you for the review.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Hi

a well written review with crisp and contrasting images.

I ordered myself a jinhao 500 series pen online, not sure about the quality.

However can you also comment on the type/quality of nib used?

Is it jaggy or smooth?

Reagards :)

Jinhao pens are hit and miss... but mostly being in hit category... they use plastic feeds which have quite a good flow of ink... out of my 10 jinhao pen only one pen has disappointed me. Also all the nibs are smooth and wet and writes towards medium....

vaibhav mehandiratta

Always enjoy learning about new pens.

Thank you for the review.

m glad u liked it... thank you

vaibhav mehandiratta

Just wanted to thank you again for the review of this pen! I just inked mine up for the first time, and I really love that it's such a smooth writer, right from the get go. I like the size too. Feels light and comfortable in my hand.

If it continues to perform this well, I know it's going to be a favourite of mine. :)

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com

Hey,

Thank you for the followup.

I got myself a Camlin Trinity and a Hero 378 pen today. Jinhao is enroute :P

Regards.