26 members have voted

1. 1. Which ONE would you choose?

• Pilot Elite 95s
    • Pilot Stargazer (Stella 90s)
    • Sailor Pro Gear Slim
    • Sailor Slim Mini
    • TWSBI Mini
    • Sailor 21

They all look so good. Like a can of Pringles potato chips, you can't have just one. But if you could only choose one Japan - Asia pocket pen, which would you choose. Once you cast your vote, please take a few minutes and post why you choose the pen you did.

Edited by dad2jrn

~~ Living Unto Full Stature ~~

PENS: Pilot Resin Falcon SEF | Monteverde Impressa Gunmetal F | Lamy Al-Star F | Jin-Hao x450 Blue | Platinum Preppy | Platinum 3776 Century UEF | Pilot Custom 823 F | Pilot e95s F | Vintage Pilot e95s F

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dad2jrn

• DaveBj

• doggonecarl

• maverink

Top Posters In This Topic

I choose the Pilot E95s because I just love the retro look and the attention the pen grabs from other people when you pull it out to use. People often ask what kind of pen that is. I think it is because it doesn't look like a typical fountain pen and so they are not sure. I also love how light weight it is. When I carry it in my shirt pocket, I forget it is there. This can of course be a bad thing, because if I leave it or lose it somewhere, I may not notice it right away as opposed to a heavier pen. It is a risk i am willing to take. Then when I write with it using BSB, people are intrigued by the vibrant color too.

People sometime (particularly at work) ask to try it out. Then they want one. So it helps to get more and more people into the Fountain Pen world, which benefits us all IMO.

PENS: Pilot Resin Falcon SEF | Monteverde Impressa Gunmetal F | Lamy Al-Star F | Jin-Hao x450 Blue | Platinum Preppy | Platinum 3776 Century UEF | Pilot Custom 823 F | Pilot e95s F | Vintage Pilot e95s F

The one that I would choose is the one I already have -- a Sailor 21 Pocket Pen. Gold medium nib that actually writes a nice wet like that more on the fine side, with a nice amount of flex. It's my oldest pen, purchased in Japan in the mid-'70s, and you'd better be a big boy if you plan on taking it away from me :D

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

The one that I would choose is the one I already have -- a Sailor 21 Pocket Pen. Gold medium nib that actually writes a nice wet like that more on the fine side, with a nice amount of flex. It's my oldest pen, purchased in Japan in the mid-'70s, and you'd better be a big boy if you plan on taking it away from me :D

I wasn't aware of the Sailor 21. I added it to the poll. feel free to select it.

I have the TWSBI Mini and the Pilot Elite 95s. I haven't inked the Elite yet. But I like the Mini a lot. I picked it up because it is a piston filler and the way the cap posts.

I have the TWSBI Mini and the Pilot Elite 95s. I haven't inked the Elite yet. But I like the Mini a lot. I picked it up because it is a piston filler and the way the cap posts.

Ink that baby up and cast a vote.

I wasn't aware of the Sailor 21. I added it to the poll. feel free to select it.

:D

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

pilot prera would fit the size as well

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

your forgetting other small pens here the Custom 98, Ohto Tasche, actually most of Ohto's pens are on the small side and the Legno thats also a small pen

Thanks. I wasn't aware of OHTO pens to be honest. Why I forgot about the Custom 98 and the Legno 89s is beyond me. But yes these are all short enough pocket pens. But I will leave the poll the way it is since enough folks have already voted.

I've got to go for the Pilot MYU701.

I can't think of a better design for a pen. From the moment I first saw one (here, on FPN) I knew that I had to have one.

Mine's been out of the rotation for some time, now. You've inspired me to ink it up again.

It's the only pen I've ever had which draws admiring comments from 'non pen people'.

Thanks.

95s is really nicely done, but I'm just not a retro 50s kind of guy. Really like my Twsbi Mini body (all that ink sloshing around in the piston filler), but really like Pilot nibs, and since this the old just one conundrum, I went with the Stella 90s (not sure why I'd pay lots more to have the name Stargazer). Though my next pocket pen will probably be the Prera with the calligraphy nib.

I voted for the Stargazer. I have the TWSBI mini, which has a great ink capacity for its size, but its nib can't compare to those of Pilot. I prefer the design of the Stargazer over that of the Elite, hence my choice. Not owning a Sailor I wasn't prepared to consider voting for one of them.