J. Herbin 30 Ml Massdrop

HollyGolightly

Just wanted to let everyone know there's a massdrop going on for 5 bottles of J. Herbin Ink for those who might be interested! Direct link is here. I think I'll probably participate once I figure out 5 colors I'd like.

Note: On the site they mention a handful of colors not available for the drop. This might be a dealbreaker for some.

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HollyGolightly

• Last Knight

• 2brothers

• ChristineH

Thanks for the heads-up, Holly!

Yeah, they've already sold out of a lot of the colours I was interested in.

Todd :happycloud9:

Thanks for the heads-up, Holly!

Yeah, they've already sold out of a lot of the colours I was interested in.

Same, I'm trying to think of alternatives. I was really wanting to try out Lie de Thé as a match for a pen I have coming my way soon. C'est la vie.

Same, I'm trying to think of alternatives. I was really wanting to try out Lie de Thé as a match for a pen I have coming my way soon. C'est la vie.

Want a sample?

I'm in for two 5 packs. Thanks for the heads up!

Color Choice - Bottle #1: Poussiere de Lune

Color Choice - Bottle #2: Bleu Azur

Color Choice - Bottle #3: Cacao du Bresil

Color Choice - Bottle #4: Eclat de Saphir

Color Choice - Bottle #5: Vert Empire

Color Choice - Bottle #1: Bleu Nuit

Color Choice - Bottle #2: Perle Noir

Color Choice - Bottle #3: Bleu Pervenche

Color Choice - Bottle #4: Violette Pensee

Color Choice - Bottle #5: Rouge Caroubier

Edited by Last Knight

Pilot Custom 823????? :D

Todd :happycloud9:

Want a sample?

I'm in for two 5 packs. Thanks for the heads up!

Color Choice - Bottle #1: Poussiere de Lune

Color Choice - Bottle #2: Bleu Azur

Color Choice - Bottle #3: Cacao du Bresil

Color Choice - Bottle #4: Eclat de Saphir

Color Choice - Bottle #5: Vert Empire

Color Choice - Bottle #2: Perle Noir

Color Choice - Bottle #3: Bleu Pervenche

Color Choice - Bottle #4: Violette Pensee

Color Choice - Bottle #5: Rouge Caroubier

I'd loooove a sample of it! We can swap too, actually if there's any of my 5 you'd like to try. So far I have these picked out:

Color Choice - Bottle #2: Bouquet d'Antan

Color Choice - Bottle #3: Larmes de Cassis

Color Choice - Bottle #4: Cafe Des Iles

Color Choice - Bottle #5: Vert Reseda

Full disclosure though, I may change #3 or 4 sometime between now and when the drop ends. I keep wavering.

I'd loooove a sample of it! We can swap too, actually if there's any of my 5 you'd like to try. So far I have these picked out:

Color Choice - Bottle #2: Bouquet d'Antan

Color Choice - Bottle #3: Larmes de Cassis

Color Choice - Bottle #4: Cafe Des Iles

Color Choice - Bottle #5: Vert Reseda

Full disclosure though, I may change #3 or 4 sometime between now and when the drop ends. I keep wavering.

Sounds good. I have Lie De Thè, Gris Nuage, and a bunch of sample vials sitting at home. Drop me a PM and I'll get it in the mail sometime this week.

Cafe Des Iles could be shiny, if you keep that 'un I'd like a sample. ^_^

Just noticed this on Massdrop today! I'm also interested in Violette Pensee but will probably be getting in on the J. Herbin Calligraphy set drop, which comes with a bottle of it.

• Color Choice - Bottle #1:Cafe Des Iles
  • Color Choice - Bottle #2:Orange Indien
  • Color Choice - Bottle #3:Rose Tendresse
  • Color Choice - Bottle #4:Vert Empire
  • Color Choice - Bottle #5:Rouge Caroubier (swedish fish!)

Just my luck - the one day I don't check Massdrop (latest obsession) and I missed the all colors I wanted! Ended up with Bleu Myosotis, Rouge Caroubier, Vert Olive, Vert Reseda and Violette Pensee. Regretting some of those choices at the moment as I placed the order well after midnight last night without checking the reviews first, but overall enjoying J Herbin's less saturated inks in large, wet stubs on tomoe paper lately so hopefully this will work out ok.

Oh, that's a good one! The pen I have is a White/Tortoise Pelikan m400 :D

Just my luck - the one day I don't check Massdrop (latest obsession) and I missed the all colors I wanted! Ended up with Bleu Myosotis, Rouge Caroubier, Vert Olive, Vert Reseda and Violette Pensee. Regretting some of those choices at the moment as I placed the order well after midnight last night without checking the reviews first, but overall enjoying J Herbin's less saturated inks in large, wet stubs on tomoe paper lately so hopefully this will work out ok.

Which inks did you originally have your sights on?

That's the combo I'm hoping for :)

"I have nixed all Noodler's inks in large part because of their feel, but also their behavior, etc. When I put Iroshizuku or Sailor ink into my pens, it's like the ink, pen, and paper are having a 3-some with smooth 'n sultry 70's jazz playing in the background." ~ Betweenthelines

I went with these. Stupid Massdrop, I wasn't planning on spending any more this month. Lol, oh well. It had to be done!

• Color Choice - Bottle #1:Ambre de Birmanie
  • Color Choice - Bottle #2:Vert Olive
  • Color Choice - Bottle #3:Vert Reseda
  • Color Choice - Bottle #4:Rouge Caroubier
  • Color Choice - Bottle #5:Vert Empire

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I want all the things x_x

I am not on Massdrop, little use here in Europe.

For Europeans: LaCduC has a stnading offer of 4 for 3 on the standard Herbin (30 colours)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 3 weeks later...

Guess mine are on the container coming over from France since I haven't received a shipping notice yet. I'll hang on, I think, rather than request a refund. I can be patient.

Mine turned up this week. Not sure if it has to do with when I signed up or not but I'm sure yours are on the way soon!

• 1 month later...

It would be interesting to know who was responsible for the long delay. At least we got a partial refund, making it an even better deal.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.