mehandiratta

img_20150219_1711042.jpg HERO - 336

Over the period of past 4-5 months i have started collecting Chinese Fountain pens which i will be reviewing one by one.

This review is about the pen which was recommended to me by Mr. Subramaniam of ASA Pens after i have collected lot of Chinese Fountain Pens from local market of Old Delhi (Nai Sadak & Sadar Bazaar). And I am surely not disappointed at all.

Lets see what are the goods and not so goods about this HERO 336.

img_20150219_1703252.jpg Hero 336

Design & Built:

As far as design is concerned it is a decent, simple, sleek looking pen and you surely might see lot of iterations of the same in the market, thus there is nothing exciting about this pen. As far as i know it comes in four colors, black, navy blue, dark green & burgundy. It is made of plastic which is fairly finished.

img_20150219_1657292.jpg Hero 336 - posing for camera

The cap is of yellow gold colored aluminum and the gold color of the clip is somewhat different from gold color of the cap. The clip is quite springy but yes it gives a bit screechy noise and feels a bit flimsy which in actual is not. The Clip has "Hero" engraved on it and the bottom of the cap i.e. center band displays the model no. and made in china marking.

img_20150219_1651272.jpg Hero 336 - Cap

Also there is gold color metal part screwed at the bottom of barrel, which is purely aesthetic.

img_20150219_16522432.jpg Hero 336 - Gold plated metal bottom screwed in to bottom of barrel

The construction quality is far above acceptable for such a low priced pen, actually it is well built for general everyday rough tough use. It easily takes few drops here and there.

The inside of cap has metal springy clips which actually tightens the grip around the section when pen cap is closed and it works pretty fine.

img_20150219_16492522.jpg Hero 336 - Closeup of Nib and Cap

For Further details like nib and balance and more images and my handwritten writing samples i request you to please go through my Blog

Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• Sailor Kenshin

• GeneralSynopsis

• Hedgehogs4Me

Are you sure the cap is gold plated? The other Hero 300 series pens with yellow metal caps seem to have aluminium caps that are finished in that colour by other means (anodised?)

Edited by GeneralSynopsis

--“Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
Giordano Bruno

Are you sure the cap is gold plated? The other Hero 300 series pens with yellow metal caps seem to have aluminium caps that are finished in that colour by other means (anodised?)

let me correct that ... you are right they are yellow gold colored aluminium caps.

vaibhav mehandiratta

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like there's quite a bit of a gap between the nib and the hood (either that or the image scale is getting to me). Does that indicate at all that there's some springiness to the nib?

It looks like there's quite a bit of a gap between the nib and the hood (either that or the image scale is getting to me). Does that indicate at all that there's some springiness to the nib?

THERE IS A VERY LITTLE GAP... ITS THE IMAGE SCALED UP WHICH IS U R ABLE TO SEE THAT... OTHERWISE ITS NEGLIGIBLE ....

vaibhav mehandiratta

Thanks for posting this. I love your handwriting and the pen is something that might interest me.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Hi,

Interesting thing about these pens is that they have stood the test of time and still function well

provided they are well taken care of.

Sharp contrasting images and well reviewed.

Regards

Hi,

Interesting thing about these pens is that they have stood the test of time and still function well

provided they are well taken care of.

Sharp contrasting images and well reviewed.

Regards

Thank you ANAND

vaibhav mehandiratta