mehandiratta

If we are interested in this do we simply order it through the ASA website?

Also, just above you said there was a blue ebonite version and posted a picture, yet I don't see that as an option on the website yet. Any idea when that will actually be available?

"We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• a_m

• mike.jane

• rishminder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr. Subramaniam (of ASA) has clarified that these are just prototypes, the final iteration shall have a polished nib. Quoting him - "The Sniper nib will be a polished nib, not dual tone. Nib would be like one in brown (and black) coloured one."

Looking forward to receive the pen - is shaping up nicely (thanks Vaibhav and Mr. Subbu) :)

EDIT: I misquoted the color of pen earlier. Mr. Subramaniam has corrected me that the nib will be as shown for pens in black and brown colour but in polished finish and not dual tone. I apologize for the error... (Guess I should leave any updates to Vaibhav so as to avoid such confusion in future)

Edited by puneet.singh

Also, these are rippled ebonite. When we ordered all that was available was mottled. As expected when you get on board so early in the development process, it appears that the Sniper is still evolving.

Also, just above you said there was a blue ebonite version and posted a picture, yet I don't see that as an option on the website yet. Any idea when that will actually be available?

yes you can order directly from ASA.

For the blue version i believe Vaibhav can comment

Has the window passed for the discounted pre-sale price? Or do we get it because this is part of the FPN group order?

"We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Mr. Subramaniam (of ASA) has clarified that these are just prototypes, the final iteration shall have a polished nib. Quoting him - "The Sniper nib will be a polished nib, not dual tone. Nib would be like one in the green coloured one."

Looking forward to receive the pen - is shaping up nicely (thanks Vaibhav and Mr. Subbu) :)

great

and yes Mr. Subramaniam does a good job of heading to customers

Edited by rishminder

Has the window passed for the discounted pre-sale price? Or do we get it because this is part of the FPN group order?

Sadly the discounted price is gone...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

yes you can order directly from ASA.

For the blue version i believe Vaibhav can comment

yes blue version is added....

Mr. Subramaniam (of ASA) has clarified that these are just prototypes, the final iteration shall have a polished nib. Quoting him - "The Sniper nib will be a polished nib, not dual tone. Nib would be like one in brown (and black) coloured one."

EDIT: I misquoted the color of pen earlier. Mr. Subramaniam has corrected me that the nib will be as shown for pens in black and brown colour but in polished finish and not dual tone. I apologize for the error... (Guess I should leave any updates to Vaibhav so as to avoid such confusion in future)

yes nibs will be polished and not dual tone....

cool

also i agree with anup.. dual tone nibs seem out of place on a hooded pen..

again the dual tone nibs here will not be here... they will be polished....

Oh wow I am so glad I ordered my Sniper in Forest Green Ebonite! It looks fantastic!

i am glad u liked it...

Simply buy one ... and during checkout just type in comments section that you want the blue one... However same will be updated on website soon thats what i have heard from Mr. Subramaniam(ASA)

vaibhav mehandiratta

Also, these are rippled ebonite. When we ordered all that was available was mottled. As expected when you get on board so early in the development process, it appears that the Sniper is still evolving.

all finishes will be available.... in rippled and mottled/marbled except the blue....

vaibhav mehandiratta

Seeems the word hooded nib has been taken much too seriously & literally.

imho there is difference between a tenthouse and putting a tent over the house.

Do i see a dual tone nib....!

Sir can you elaborate or enlighten me about this "imho there is difference between a tenthouse and putting a tent over the house"

vaibhav mehandiratta

So is this technically still a group buy or are we just ordering directly from the site? Anybody know what the shipping costs to US are?

So is this technically still a group buy or are we just ordering directly from the site? Anybody know what the shipping costs to US are?

The group buy for ASA Sniper us closed at discounted price and I believe now you have to go to website to buy the pen and AFAIK shipping cost is included.

vaibhav mehandiratta

Sir can you elaborate or enlighten me about this "imho there is difference between a tenthouse and putting a tent over the house"

That dual tone nib is surely about open nib FPs. It clearly looks a JoWo perhaps #5 meant for open nib FPs. Putting it under the hood is surely a travesty.

YMMV

Edited by anup

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

That dual tone nib is surely about open nib FPs. It clearly looks a JoWo perhaps #5 meant for open nib FPs. Putting it under the hood is surely a travesty.

noted sir...

vaibhav mehandiratta

Come on, it's only a half-hooded nib... it looked kinda subtle to me, and I rather liked it...

Maybe when I finally order mine, I can ask to put one of those on it?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Interesting update. Thank you for sharing the progress.

So the clip is now clearly visible. That is good. It looks nice....but I wonder, do we want it more angular still, more edgy (read: more similar to the L2000), also a bit thicker (Is that in the budget?)

Given'our' circumstances, can it be more angular and with sharper corners still? Would that be something people wanted? It looks nice in this photo https://mehandiratta.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/s-04.jpg But maybe there could still be a bit more heft to it.

The dual tone nib is subtle, but I also think it's unnecessary and that I'd be happier without it.

Blue ebonite is a good addition. I have an FPR Triveni Jr. in a similar blue that I like very much.

I'll be so stoked once photos of the demonstator version are to be had.

YMMV

As long as it writes well and the section is comfortable to hold, I really don't see the problem.

This is like a hooded nib in it's truest sense :D

I went to the ASA site and there is no blue there and there is no way to see the different colors unfortunately.

I went to the ASA site and there is no blue there and there is no way to see the different colors unfortunately.

Please be assured there is a blue rippled color which has come from owner only... You can drop him a email or contact him via whatsapp... All details are given in "contact us" ... He will surely reply... And will tell you how to go about that...

Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta