mehandiratta

M not sure about this as a limited edition pen... I believe the manufacturer has every right to earn more money... Just imagine if the lamy 2000 would have been a limited edition...

I totally agree with you prasad... I am of same point if this could be made limited edition... But this should have been done from the beginning...

Maybe for next model..

Cheers

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• a_m

• mike.jane

• rishminder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe for next model..

Cheers

Great Idea Vaibhav,

one more pen in the future to add to collection :lol:

Yeah m working on few designs...

One regular and one oversized pen..

We should go for an international bid ;-)

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Yeah m working on few designs...

One regular and one oversized pen..

Awesome news! Will start convincing the Wife right away..... ;)

When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer. Until then, I practice. - A.Davis

Personally, I'd have no interest in this pen being limited. First, that was not the deal, it was advertised as a group buy of a custom design; now, I can see that these things aren't the exact opposite, but I can also see that it's not the same. Second, running a business is hard, Asa has to sell as many units as they can, that's how it works. Also, if the pen becomes very successful, well then I'll be happy because I have a great pen, and others can have the same.

Another thing: I suppose right now we should concentrate on buffing out some of the things which we might not like that much yet in the prototypes' picture. So here goes:

new images are below

wpid-wp-1425096711855.jpeg?w=648wpid-wp-1425096812772.jpeg?w=648wpid-wp-1425096805863.jpeg?w=648wpid-wp-1425096748446.jpeg

1) In these photos, I wonder if the transition between section and nib has to stay like this. It doesn't seem quite like a fluid transition, an unbroken line. (Someone also already mentioned this - I think- asking for it to be more flush)

fpn_1424525899__hd-06.jpg

2) How about the clip? In this posted photo it is visible, but not too well. Are there still going to be refinements to make it resemble the L2000's clip more? The clip is one of the distinctive features on the L2000. Now, I'm not expecting fancy mechanical features like a spring loaded clip. But it should maybe be heftier, and more rectangular.

3) I'd be interested to see how the pen posts, because it wasn't shown in any photos yet. I do post all my pens, A pen that does not post well is likely not a good pen in my book.

4) The brushed ebonite; There will be a definite distinction in the finish of the brushed ebonite and the 'lined' finish on the L2000, yes?

Does it have to be like this. Can the finish get closer to the Lamy's? Is that something people would want?

Writing so much, I hope I'm overstepping no bounds, or putting someone on the stand. I just thought maybe now is the time (still time) to voice some input and that maybe feedback is appreciated. Everyone, what do you think?

Edited by mike.jane

Regarding refinement, I have heard that ASA is not after making it a copy. Inspired, but not copy. Refinements should surely happen - but I am not aware of details - maybe Vaibhav would know more.

I put my savings to test

Regarding refinement, I have heard that ASA is not after making it a copy. Inspired, but not copy. Refinements should surely happen - but I am not aware of details - maybe Vaibhav would know more.

Right, I'm not at all after a good copy (ordered it in acrylic anyway), but the clip on the L2000 is really pretty and one of the main design elements on said pen. If 'our' pen could sport a similar clip, that'd be great.

We are working on demonstrator version... Will come out with pics by Thursday or Friday...

So the points are noted... Will surely paas these view points to Mr. Subramaniam....

vaibhav mehandiratta

Hello fellow fountain pen lovers

This is an update to the Group Buy that we created for custom hooded nib pen made in acrylic or ebonite at fountain pen network.

Group Buy Link : FPN GROUP BUY

Link for Buying Pen : ASA SNIPER

The new images are as below. Also there is a new blue color. Enjoy. Products will start shipping on 28th March.

s-01.jpg?w=648

s-02.jpg?w=648

s-03.jpg?w=648

s-04.jpg?w=648

vaibhav mehandiratta

Thanks so much Vaibhav,

This looks awesome. Can't wait to start using them :-)

Again, thanks for all your work and initiative on making this happen

-Prasad

am i the only one who likes the nib on green marbled on most? looks much more in line with the body and rest

Seeems the word hooded nib has been taken much too seriously & literally.

imho there is difference between a tenthouse and putting a tent over the house.

Do i see a dual tone nib....!

I put my savings to test

Seeems the word hooded nib has been taken much too seriously & literally.

imho there is difference between a tenthouse and putting a tent over the house.

Do i see a dual tone nib....!

yes there are dual tone nibs...

vaibhav mehandiratta

am i the only one who likes the nib on green marbled on most? looks much more in line with the body and rest

Photos are not that clear.. and i agree with you that in these pics,it looks the nib is not in line (Camera angle and relection plays a bit of a role)... but let me assure you that is not the case in actual

vaibhav mehandiratta

Oh wow I am so glad I ordered my Sniper in Forest Green Ebonite! It looks fantastic!

Photos are not that clear.. and i agree with you that in these pics,it looks the nib is not in line (Camera angle and relection plays a bit of a role)... but let me assure you that is not the case in actual

cool

also i agree with anup.. dual tone nibs seem out of place on a hooded pen..