Sacramento Area Pen Posse

Jay Bar

I have been thinking about starting a Sacramento area pen group and now that I skipped this semester of college I have more time to make it happen between now and September when I have to go back. I would like to see who would be interested. You don't have to be a Sacramento resident but I want to have an option for a group for people in and around Sacramento who can't make it to the bay area group get togethers. Who's in?!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• RayCornett

• travberg

• ac12

RayCornett

I'm in. We have a serious posse happening at Peters Cafe on the 22nd in Millbrae. Even this far in advance I know of cars with empty seats coming from Sacramento, Arbucle, Dixon, and Auburn. AltecGreen (yes he lives) will arrange a ticket for you to come. You might also be able to car pool with Jay Bar from the FPG group who has similar desires.

FarmBoy

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Tessy Moon had been trying to start one in the area.

Send her a PM.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Have this guy convene the meeting...

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

• 2 years later...

Back to my regular account. I have FINALLY been able to put more thought into this and have started a Facebook group for this group and will soon have a Meet Up group for it which will draw more members since lots of people do not use Facebook but use Meet Up.

If those who expressed interest are still into the idea and have Facebook please join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SacramentoFountainPenCollectorsAssociation/

I do professional repair and restoration. I work as a partner to Write on Time from the East coast. But I have no problem with others who repair coming to the Meet ups.

Please keep me in the loop, may have vintage 100-200 pens to bring. Live in W. Sac.

Join the FB group if you are on there. The more local area members we get the sooner we start getting together.

A Posse only needs one person to call it.

Whoever shows up shows up.

If you WAIT to get a GROUP together, you may never get it going.

Cuz most people want someone else to do the setup work of arranging for the place.

Then you don't get a Posse meet, cuz no one wants to arrange for the place.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Ive already arranged for at least one place. The only problem is it closes so early . I have a few members on the FB page already. Once I find the right place i'll set it up. I'm not going to leave that up to the members. I want them to just be able to show up and enjoy getting together without having responsibilities. I also don't want the dates I choose to clash with other group event dates.

How about the Sacramento crowd car pool to the next PPPC meeting and then after that we have a party?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

You don't begin a Pen Posse with the Pen Posse you want to emulate; you begin Pen Posse by calling Pen Posse and showing up, calling Pen Posse and showing up, calling Pen Posse and showing up... until it becomes the Pen Posse with a life of its own.

That's why you pick a place where you'd want to go anyway, in case you're the only one who shows up. Report back on what you did at Pen Posse, even if you were the only one who showed up, and keep calling them.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

You don't begin a Pen Posse with the Pen Posse you want to emulate; you begin Pen Posse by calling Pen Posse and showing up, calling Pen Posse and showing up, calling Pen Posse and showing up... until it becomes the Pen Posse with a life of its own.

That's why you pick a place where you'd want to go anyway, in case you're the only one who shows up. Report back on what you did at Pen Posse, even if you were the only one who showed up, and keep calling them.

Are you making rules about someone making rules where no rules exist?

Are you making rules about someone making rules where no rules exist?

No rules exist? No rules exist? No rules exist? This rather calls up memories of Somerset Maugham's (here I misquote a little, though not meaningfully) epigram that there are three rules for writing a novel, but unfortunately no one knows what they are.

Neither in novel-writing nor in Pen Posse affairs, among other affairs, has that stopped very many people from telling what the rules are.

Edited by Jerome Tarshis