Asa I Can - Beyond Bang For A Buck

mehandiratta

Out of my recent acquisitions of 5 pens, the pen i am reviewing today is one of the new introductions by ASA Pens which adds to the growing list of their lineup.

img_20150208_1553412.jpg?w=768

DESIGN:

The pen is a quite long comparable to likes of Gama Kuyil and also it seems to be inspired from Gama Kuyil and in many ways it betters the look and feel of Kuyil. The grip section i feel is better than the kuyil. The barrel is just a bit thinner than Kuyil.

img_20150208_2326112.jpg?w=768

ASA I.Can vs Gama Kuyil – Capped

img_20150208_2324212.jpg?w=768

ASA I.Can vs Gama Kuyil – Uncapped

The top of cap of ASA I.Can is bit longer and it gives the pen a distinct look. It comes in 5 colors matte black, shiny black, green-black mottled, brown-blk mottled, light brown-blk mottled finish.

As it is a big pen, it surely won’t fit in a shirt pocket.

For more please click here for my blog ASA I Can

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• a_m

• rkpai

• Anubha

Vaibhav,

Good review. First rate pictures!

I have the green version and your review almost makes me want to order your brown version.

This pen has become my favourite Gama/Asa pen and I have a few.

Vaibhav,

I have the green version and your review almost makes me want to order your brown version.

I am glad that you liked the pen. This was my first light brown colored ebonite pen and i am actually loving it.

Thank you again.

vaibhav mehandiratta

Vaibhav,

This is ASA only pen.

ASA & Gama are different. Gama is owned by Gems & Co.

Though at times they collaborate.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Great review, I am so tempted by a dark brown/black ebonite I.Can. I have an Asa Galactic which I love, can I ask if the dimensions are similar?

Great review, I am so tempted by a dark brown/black ebonite I.Can. I have an Asa Galactic which I love, can I ask if the dimensions are similar?

ASA I.Can is just few mm long.....approx 2 to 3 mm

vaibhav mehandiratta

A well written review and beautiful cursive handwriting. Good mix of inks. I've been using a mix of Bril Blue and Black, will try your camlin black and red combination - your color looks quite good. I wonder if a mix of green and red would result in some nice shade of orange..

Very good looking pen..and review

Thank you for going through the same... i hope u liked it and maybe of any help to u

vaibhav mehandiratta

A well written review and beautiful cursive handwriting. Good mix of inks. I've been using a mix of Bril Blue and Black, will try your camlin black and red combination - your color looks quite good. I wonder if a mix of green and red would result in some nice shade of orange..

first of all ... thank you for the appreciation .... bril inks are not available in delhi.... heard sulekha has lot of colors including the orange one....

and yes just bought the pelikan green and pelikan red... will mix them .... lets see....

i recently procured lot of inks from nai sadak, chandni chowk , delhi....

fpn_1423768327__img_20150211_2318493.jpg

vaibhav mehandiratta

first of all ... thank you for the appreciation .... bril inks are not available in delhi.... heard sulekha has lot of colors including the orange one....

and yes just bought the pelikan green and pelikan red... will mix them .... lets see....

Nice collection Vaibhav!!. Never heard of Sulekha till you mentioned it. I googled them and found their site, I have to check if any of their inks are available here in Hyderabad. I'll look for them in Deccan pen stores sometime this or next weekend. If they don't stock any, then I'll probably have to email Sulekha and check if they can ship some to Hyderabad. They could be to India what Noodlers is to US and Europe!!

Edited by rkpai

fpn_1423768327__img_20150211_2318493.jpg

So nice collection. But finish of those indian inks soon.

(also compare writing of some of these India made ink after 4 - 5 months as to how they look)

Chelpark Blue Black (I think) and Sulekha violet are near water proof.

Edited by anup

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

You have very good collection of inks.

I checked out some stationary shop in my locality..I got only Camlin Ink in (black and blue)

First time I am seeing so many types.of inks.

Any one can tell me where we can get these inks in Kolkata?

I checked out some stationary shop in my locality..I got only Camlin Ink in (black and blue)

Do not know particularly about Kolkata. You can check out pensavenue.com. They have a good collection of diamine, Lamy and Rohrer and klingner Inks.

Edited by vig2432

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

You can get easily at flipkart, snapdeal, ebay, and amazon.... Apart from these you can order these inks as mentioned earlier by Vig from pensavenue and i may add to that one more is makoba....

In kolkatta i beleive there are lot of inks manufacturers... if i am not wrong then suleha inks ar ebeing manufactured in jadavpur area of kolkatta...

vaibhav mehandiratta

So nice collection. But finish of those indian inks soon.

(also compare writing of some of these India made ink after 4 - 5 months as to how they look)

Chelpark Blue Black (I think) and Sulekha violet are near water proof.

i am compiling ink reviews... also bought these inks... to do some mixing .... and yeah now i will make sure i finish those indian inks...

Chelpark has resumed supply of the inks in delhi ....

vaibhav mehandiratta

Nice collection Vaibhav!!. Never heard of Sulekha till you mentioned it. I googled them and found their site, I have to check if any of their inks are available here in Hyderabad. I'll look for them in Deccan pen stores sometime this or next weekend. If they don't stock any, then I'll probably have to email Sulekha and check if they can ship some to Hyderabad. They could be to India what Noodlers is to US and Europe!!

do let me know... if u happen to get these sulekha inks...

vaibhav mehandiratta

careful, that R&K bottle might topple over! :)

nice ink collection!

ha ha ha....

r & K ink is now transferred to plastic vial.... and is in secure place....

Also one query ... i read that u import ur diamine inks from UK... does it sot cheaper....?? Is it easier to get that from UK??

vaibhav mehandiratta