Fpn Inks, Continued ....

wimg

Ok. Just ordered. I already have my elders goggles in place. They will be a little awkward to sleep in, but better safe than sorry.

Very excited to have such a strong red. Took the chance and bought the big bottle. Thanks!!

I will wait for next week.

Also, is the current GMB more brown? I have some first batch that's pretty red.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• amberleadavis

• AAAndrew

• sd10521

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new GMB is definitely BROWN and fuss free. Week 6 with my TWSBI no problems with startup or skipping.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

The written exemplar is not nearly as blindingly bright as the swatch (which is sort of a relief) -- and does look nice.

But i still would like to know how it compares (in both color and behavior) to Park Red, which I'm starting to like more and more. I mean is it worth it to pay the extra cost (not that I don't want to not support FPN, but I do have to be somewhat frugal -- especially since this weekend is an expensive one for me already). If they're similar enough, for instance, I have to decide whether it's more cost effective for me to buy Voltaire in the larger bottle (even at the higher price) in order to get a Charlie pen; or to say, "Nope, not in the budget" and get the Park Red (at the "regular" 3 oz bottle price...). And even if they *are* significantly different, is Voltaire really a color I'd be likely to use on a regular basis (i.e., in addition to the red inks I already have)?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Okay, just for you.

fpn_1435706429__2015-ink-06-30-3reds.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh man, more than an hour and no comments.

After seeing your examples of reds, I had to go lie down in a quiet dark room for a bit.

Actually, that was a great comparison. I'm glad I got the VCV. When my July budget kicks in I may get the GMB as well. I need a good brown that's not so red.

Thanks!

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

-Montaigne

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/murda_fiziks/Pen/20150629_223623.jpg

My experience with VCV so far. Love the color on Rhodia, Tomoe, and standard issue copy paper. There is a subtle sheen I see on tomoe and rhodia paper. Not sure if I'm going nuts, but the sheen started out as a blue then turned to a green/gold a few days later. I had to write with a REALLY wet pen to see the sheen, which lead me to check out the bottle. Under some strong light I can see a metallic luster in the bottle when shaking.

This ink has some really interesting characteristics and hidden features.

Thanks! And very cool dragon, by the way.

-Montaigne

After seeing your examples of reds, I had to go lie down in a quiet dark room for a bit.

Actually, that was a great comparison. I'm glad I got the VCV. When my July budget kicks in I may get the GMB as well. I need a good brown that's not so red.

Thanks!

Are your eyes okay?

A little Visine ("gets the red out") and I was fine. LOL! :lol:

-Montaigne

Okay, just for you.

Thanks!

So, it appears that Voltaire is pinker than Park Red. Interesting. From the scan it appears to be somewhat similar to De Atramentis Dante Alighieri/Ruby Red, which is an ink I like a lot.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks!

So, it appears that Voltaire is pinker than Park Red. Interesting. From the scan it appears to be somewhat similar to De Atramentis Dante Alighieri/Ruby Red, which is an ink I like a lot.

Ruth, PM me your address and I'll mail the letter to you. The colors look different from the scan.

A note to say 'Thanks' to Amberlea as I received the 3 inks I ordered safely today....and quite quickly too!

As for the inks (Starry Night, Galileo, Dumas), I am very pleased with how they look and even nicer than I expected.

And you definitely get your money's worth in each bottle! any fuller and 'your cup would be runneth over', so to speak....

Great job and thanks FPN for providing such excellent inks. The first time I've tried any and it's very positive experience.

:thumbup:

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Mark, I'm glad you are enjoying them!!

I just placed an order; may I ask how quickly you generally ship? Not trying to push, just curious. :-)

And just got the notice that it will ship on Monday. Thank you! :-)

Edited by Chthulhu

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

Finally got around to ordering my bottle of Voltaire !

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I got mine tonight but I've got to do the dishes before I can play. And before that my wife is emptying the dishwasher.

I can't wait, I can't wait!

I'll post when I can.

-Montaigne

Okay, just for you.

You're spot on - "nuances" is putting it mildly; the time that Nathan must have spent on getting this ink right really shows! Great shading, flow, decent dry time and most of all, color. It looks equally wonderful in an EF and Italic nibs. :) :bunny01: :vbg:

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Okay, just for you.

You're spot on - "nuances" is putting it mildly; the time that Nathan must have spent on getting this ink right really shows! Great shading, flow, decent dry time and most of all, color. It looks equally wonderful in an EF and Italic nibs. :) :bunny01: :vbg:

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/murda_fiziks/Pen/20150629_223623.jpg

My experience with VCV so far. Love the color on Rhodia, Tomoe, and standard issue copy paper. There is a subtle sheen I see on tomoe and rhodia paper. Not sure if I'm going nuts, but the sheen started out as a blue then turned to a green/gold a few days later. I had to write with a REALLY wet pen to see the sheen, which lead me to check out the bottle. Under some strong light I can see a metallic luster in the bottle when shaking.

This ink has some really interesting characteristics and hidden features.

Ha! Wait until the bottle is about half empty for another hidden feature :).

Hint: there is a reason to include a "Charlie" pen :).

Nice dragon and nice example indeed :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever