Fpn Inks, Continued ....

wimg

<ROFL>

Certainly looks like it.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• amberleadavis

• AAAndrew

• sd10521

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has a melt test been done on some converter samples? That is one hot looking ink! :)

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

<ROFL>

Certainly looks like it.

Warm regards, Wim

I meant to say FPN labeled sunglasses btw......

;)

Warm regards,

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyshvbpjil1qzayedo1_500.gif

Perhaps a shade too bright for my taste atm. Glad to see the new addition, though.

I'm going to try and upload a pic.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

post-74729-0-47240600-1435000031_thumb.jpg
post-74729-0-24609100-1434999970_thumb.jpg
post-74729-0-38835600-1434835000_thumb.jpg
post-74729-0-76135100-1434762381_thumb.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Your writing samples make it look quite nice, Amber.....

I might have included this in my order if you'd posted this the other day.....

:)

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

The written exemplar is not nearly as blindingly bright as the swatch (which is sort of a relief) -- and does look nice.

But i still would like to know how it compares (in both color and behavior) to Park Red, which I'm starting to like more and more. I mean is it worth it to pay the extra cost (not that I don't want to not support FPN, but I do have to be somewhat frugal -- especially since this weekend is an expensive one for me already). If they're similar enough, for instance, I have to decide whether it's more cost effective for me to buy Voltaire in the larger bottle (even at the higher price) in order to get a Charlie pen; or to say, "Nope, not in the budget" and get the Park Red (at the "regular" 3 oz bottle price...). And even if they *are* significantly different, is Voltaire really a color I'd be likely to use on a regular basis (i.e., in addition to the red inks I already have)?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks, Amber. It's definitely less Arnold-poppingly bright in the written sample.

The shading example was created by sampling the different colours of a scanned swab :), and is very, very large compared to normal writing, so it will definitely pop much more than standard writing.

We were guaranteed that this colour ink is a previously non-existing colour of ink, it doesn't match with any other colour ink in the world, we have been assured. Furthermore, it will only be available, ever, through FPN, just like the other inks we have :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Great color and I only have one other red ink in a bottle, (a few others in sample vials).

I have the other three from the earlier go around so I need this for the collection.

Likely to order it with the pen a little later today.

I wish I'd waited to order my Starry Night until after I saw the writing sample of the Voltaire. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to place another order. :)

If I haven't sent you a shipping notice, then I can still combine.

post-74729-0-47240600-1435000031.jpg

I just got mine from the lovely Ms AmberLea and may I say that this is a wonderful ink!!!
I've already used it in an extra fine nibbed Sailor Realo and this will most likely be my everyday red, with Corn Poppy moving to the #2 position :)
Thank you for the wonderfully fast and efficient delivery, Amber and her minions!
fpn_1435463567__487513.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Mine arrived today. And its actually nice and my retinas did not explode on use :D.

Hooray!

So any packages that were mailed out to CONUS on Thursday have already been delivered. The ones that were shipped on Friday will arrive Monday. The ones that I am shipping out now will arrive on before Friday. I won't ship again until next weekend.

Received my order of the Voltaire...lovely ink...almost seems to have some of the Noodlers EEL qualities...very smooth, and a really really nice color. I had been thinking about purchasing some of the MB Corn Poppy Red, BUT I am glad I purchased the FPN Voltaire instead.

Many Public thanks to Amberlea and to any others who assist her...my order was shipped really promptly, and 5 bottles arrived with not a drop of leakage...

If you haven't tried the FPN inks you should...they are great inks and you are supporting FPN when you purchase..

THANK-YOU!!

Bill

Thank you.