• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Icywolfe

• Misfit

• FOUR X FOUR

Glad to have become a supporter. Many thanks to wimg and the mods for all your effort. Given FPN's status it seems appropriate to seek professional support.

D.C.

Thank you, and yes, we need it :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I'm in. Thanks to all the admins & mods for your hard work. I look forward to the inks and a Charlie pen when the details get sorted out.

Warm regards,

-Root

Thank you kindly!

We're still waiting for the inks and pen, we will hopefully know more within the next two weeks. The pen design has been changed a bit, which delays the process currently.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

A question for the blogs. What exactly is allowed in the blogs?

Anything you'd like to write about and share, as long as you do not go the commercial route, which is what the premium account blogs are for, and as long as you stay within our rules.

Other than that, feel free to share. :)

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Anything you'd like to write about and share, as long as you do not go the commercial route, which is what the premium account blogs are for, and as long as you stay within our rules.

Other than that, feel free to share. :)

Warm regards, Wim

So can you post random reviews of stuff even non pen related things? And pen related things? Also can I add a video to the blog article? (more than likely the video would be a tl;dr version of the wall of text.)

#Nope

Well, preferably somehow pen related, considering it is the Fountain Pen Network ;), but it doesn't have to be, and yes, I think you can embed videos quite easily. There is a maximum size to videos, however, which was listed in the comparison table.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Will the Charlie pen be with the Voltaire red ink only? I don't want to miss these pens again.

I'm thinking about this. I have a question. I bought a journal notebook at FPN store at Cafe Press. Do you get much money from the FPN store at Cafe Press?

Posted Image

Will the Charlie pen be with the Voltaire red ink only? I don't want to miss these pens again.

Yes, it will be, as far as I am aware anyway (I have a weekly chat with Nathan these days).

Not to worry, we will announce stuff well in advance. We will run a design competition for the logo, once we lay our hands on an ink sample. Depending on how fast things go, we may do this before or after the first batch of 4.5 oz bottles.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I'm thinking about this. I have a question. I bought a journal notebook at FPN store at Cafe Press. Do you get much money from the FPN store at Cafe Press?

Unfortunately not, but since we made a loss on our self-produced notebooks, it can only be better ;). In addition, we set up the Café Press store because our members asked for these items :).

If people really would like it, and would be prepared to pay a significant premium over normal notebooks, we could consider producing them again. I still have the original art work - it was designed by me in the first place :).

People who bought the FPN Pens (from our stash here in Europe) would have seen a sample page. I still have a few of the notebooks lying around, which I bought at the time we did produce these in the USA. I still use them to write a test page after assembling and tuning the pens, although we only have very few pens left now :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Nice design! I got the one with the blue FPN icon. Cafe Press used to put nicer covers on the notebooks. I was disappointed to see the change. When I first got the notebooks from the Snoopy Store, the covers' material was more like the black back cover, so it was sturdier.

I use mine when I first fill a pen.

A question about the donation page. I noticed the annual cost. Is it automatic renewal or is a renewal message sent?

Thanks!

Posted Image

People who bought the FPN Pens (from our stash here in Europe) would have seen a sample page. I still have a few of the notebooks lying around, which I bought at the time we did produce these in the USA. I still use them to write a test page after assembling and tuning the pens, although we only have very few pens left now :).

Ok, ok, Wim,

I got the hint : I bought the last M pen. ;-)

best regards,

Peter Tillemans

Nice design! I got the one with the blue FPN icon. Cafe Press used to put nicer covers on the notebooks. I was disappointed to see the change. When I first got the notebooks from the Snoopy Store, the covers' material was more like the black back cover, so it was sturdier.

I use mine when I first fill a pen.

A question about the donation page. I noticed the annual cost. Is it automatic renewal or is a renewal message sent?

Thanks!

Thank you! The FPN logo was designed by our members, actually, almost 10 years ago now :).

There were 3 designs, and the one that won we still use till this day, although we occasionally also use the two runner-ups :).

As to the donations, there always is a message first, and you do have to confirm your renewal, whether it is a straightforward PayPal donation, or an FPN Supporter Donation. We can't and won't take any money unasked for and/or unconfirmed.

If you decide not to continue, all that will happen is that your extras will expire.

BTW, we just added Full Stealth Supporter Donations. In short, you'll get the same extras as a thank you, but it won't be visible to the outside world.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Ok, ok, Wim,

I got the hint : I bought the last M pen. ;-)

best regards,

Peter Tillemans

Hi Peter,

:) - Actually not meant as a hint, but appreciated nonetheless!

Do note that the M nibs on these pens are slightly finer than a standard European M, it really is an F-M.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

BTW, we just added Full Stealth Supporter Donations. In short, you'll get the same extras as a thank you, but it won't be visible to the outside world.

Warm regards, Wim

Cool... Ninja Supporter !!!!. :lol:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thank you for the clarification. Nudges me closer to becoming a $ supporter. I've gotten a lot of help from members here.

I try to help with the knowledge I have. Can't say it's as much as those who helped me.

Posted Image

Hi Peter,

:) - Actually not meant as a hint, but appreciated nonetheless!

Do note that the M nibs on these pens are slightly finer than a standard European M, it really is an F-M.

Warm regards, Wim

That is exactly how I like my pens : somewhere in the spectrum between F and M. I know it's boring, but smaller and it gets to scratchy and delicate, bigger and my e's become a hole in the paper.

Peter

Unfortunately not, but since we made a loss on our self-produced notebooks, it can only be better ;). In addition, we set up the Café Press store because our members asked for these items :).

If people really would like it, and would be prepared to pay a significant premium over normal notebooks, we could consider producing them again. I still have the original art work - it was designed by me in the first place :).

Warm regards, Wim

(1) I am always looking for The Perfect notebook. Until now, I have used Levenger's Notabilia (grid)...ever since 2000. The paper is FP friendly, but it's a bit stiff.

The best I've found is the California Palomino Blackwing notebook, made by the same pencil enthusiasts who make the California Republic and new Blackwing pencils. Their notebook has beautiful FP-friendly paper and it opens flat. I suspect that CalRep sources their notebooks from Japan, home of great paper, great pencils, and more than a few great fountain pen companies.

Perhaps FPN could source FPN notebooks though California Republic? We don't necessarily need the imitation leather cover, so that might save some cost.

(2) How about FPN "business" cards? Often, I have been at a pen shop -- FPH or the dearly departed Art Browns -- and talked with other pen "addicts". We gather in places like that. Just about as often, I find that people don;t know about FPN, FPGeeks, and FB Board. I rip out a page from my notebook and write the Internet address, or suggest that they Google the names. My handwriting is awful. Much better to have something printed, with FPN logo...just for emphasis.

Maybe that's something for each pen club? Business cards are pretty cheap, and a pen club could put a contact on the back side of the card. Yes...thinking...it would probably be a serious chore to distribute cards from FPN Central, but not so hard to print a few hundred cards for New York City, SF, Regina, London, etc.

Just a matter of getting the FPN logo...and having the right to reproduce it.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

I second the comment about Palomino Blackwing notebooks. I use the Blackwing Slate and it is marvelous for FP use. Would love to see FPN notebooks and willing to pay any necessary cost increases for the privilege.

Wim,

I admire the time and commitment you and the team devote to the site and its members.

Thank you.

Kindest regards

Timothy