Hello,

I'm I want to buy a noodler's rollerball replacement tip because I have heard they can work on eyedropper preppy pens and I have a few of those to experiment with.

However, the Goulet Pet Company told me on 06/02/2015 that: "Unfortunately, Noodler’s rollerball tips have indeed been discontinued. I’m sorry about that."

This is backed my a youtube user who said: "Swiss maker of the points raised the costs so much that this product was discontinued." The comment was made in Jan 2015.

So I wonder, does anyone know a online store or supplier that still sells these noodler ballpoint tips (please provide a link)? If not, does anyone know any other type of rollerball tip that will fit into a platinum preppy (I don't care if it is a $0.5 or $50 premium tip)? This might be the better option anyway because the Noodler ballpoint tips have poor reviews of leak issues or clogging and being too long/flimsy. Shame on them for attempting to raise the price on a low quality product.

This is my first post on the site and I am looking forward to hear from you all. But if you attempt to troll me you will soon find out that your ink reserves will be running low! ^.~

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aj3537

• bluebellrose

• Ink Eater

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love those tips also. I babysit small kids and I custom make colors for them and switch the tips all the time, thin marker, thick marker, and pen. They love it. I had an ad in classified ask anyone who had tips to contact me. I got a few sellers. I too would love more tips. I have tried to fit tips from various other pens in the white housing (which you can get from thin markers) but none have worked so far. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Edited by aj3537

• 2 weeks later...

So, I decided to try experimenting again. I got a few different brands of liquid filled rollerball pens from Office max and tried to insert them into the housing. Uni ball pens don't work at all. Too big.

Here is the ones that did work. I just did this today. So long term usuage hasn't been tested yet. I will use them for a week and find out which ones work.

The TUL "wick" was way too long and got frayed on the end and I cut about 1/8 inch off.

I put the white housing on the feed and then used needle nose pliers to push the tip into the housing.

UPDATE: the sharpie is leaking. Its tip is a touch too small for the housing and my cap was full of ink.

post-59362-0-75127600-1427558723_thumb.jpg

post-59362-0-63386400-1427558913_thumb.jpg

post-59362-0-92125600-1427558945_thumb.jpg

post-59362-0-92343400-1427558974_thumb.jpg

post-59362-0-41841700-1427559046_thumb.jpg

Edited by aj3537

• 2 months later...

After months of use, both the TUL and precise tips are working well. The TUL is a thicker line but I haven't experienced any problems with either. I would recommend either of these for a replacement.

The housings come from the thin marker tips.

I updated earlier that the sharpie was too small for the housing and leaked.

• 2 years later...

Lol a guy posted in the mall area asking for reviews. I posted asking if he could get his manufacturers to sell us tips like the ones used in the Pilot lol. As an after thought posted. We could ah review the tips of his rollerballs.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm I want to buy a noodler's rollerball replacement tip because I have heard they can work on eyedropper preppy pens and I have a few of those to experiment with.

However, the Goulet Pet Company told me on 06/02/2015 that: "Unfortunately, Noodler’s rollerball tips have indeed been discontinued. I’m sorry about that."

This is backed my a youtube user who said: "Swiss maker of the points raised the costs so much that this product was discontinued." The comment was made in Jan 2015.

So I wonder, does anyone know a online store or supplier that still sells these noodler ballpoint tips (please provide a link)? If not, does anyone know any other type of rollerball tip that will fit into a platinum preppy (I don't care if it is a $0.5 or $50 premium tip)? This might be the better option anyway because the Noodler ballpoint tips have poor reviews of leak issues or clogging and being too long/flimsy. Shame on them for attempting to raise the price on a low quality product.

This is my first post on the site and I am looking forward to hear from you all. But if you attempt to troll me you will soon find out that your ink reserves will be running low! ^.~

I love those tips also. I babysit small kids and I custom make colors for them and switch the tips all the time, thin marker, thick marker, and pen. They love it. I had an ad in classified ask anyone who had tips to contact me. I got a few sellers. I too would love more tips. I have tried to fit tips from various other pens in the white housing (which you can get from thin markers) but none have worked so far. Please let me know if you find a solution.

My solution was to ask Platinum directly. lol. So far I've gotten a like on my post on their facebook page.

here's what I posted. I complimented on their newest demostrator fp then popped my question

pretty! You know what be nice? A demostrator rollerball that takes platinum fountain pen ink. I know the preppy can be modified to use rollerball tips cannabalized from dead pens but it'd be nice to have a preppy line that comes pre-installed with the tip and replacement tips sold like the highlighter and felt pen tips.

Now to wait and see what will happen. hey it might be a long shot but you never know.

Edited by bluebellrose