a.zy.lee

I made a short video for the Lamy 2000 just for fun and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

The video and editing style is obviously a blatant rip-off of theimmovablemovers' viral Namiki Falcon and Nakaya videos. I prefer the term 'inspired,' but yes, it's a rip-off.

The dark background comes off really grainy and awful, so I apologise for that. It looked fine on my camera's display.

I hope you enjoy the video.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a.zy.lee

• The Blue Knight

• carlos.q

• nujnay

Good job on the video! The ink looks wonderful in the video. I'm not knowledgeable at all in video editing however I feel that there should be fade-in and fade out of the noise from the video instead of cut. Probably some soft background noise/music would help.

Good job on the video! The ink looks wonderful in the video. I'm not knowledgeable at all in video editing however I feel that there should be fade-in and fade out of the noise from the video instead of cut. Probably some soft background noise/music would help.

I edited it with my phone, so the most I could do was stick the clips together.

I edited it with my phone, so the most I could do was stick the clips together.

Then the video is all the more amazing! :thumbup:

I agree, too! That was a nice piece of work: and I admire your writing as well!

Chris

I enjoyed this video quite a lot. Thanks.

One question: I have a lamy 2k EF, and the nib fells quite hard to me. In the video it appeared more spring than mine seems to be. Does someone knows if there is a difference in springness between a EF and a M nib?

I enjoyed this video quite a lot. Thanks.

One question: I have a lamy 2k EF, and the nib fells quite hard to me. In the video it appeared more spring than mine seems to be. Does someone knows if there is a difference in springness between a EF and a M nib?

I have no experience with the EF, but they should be the same. Only the tipping is different. Are you used to softer nibs? You can't really tell how something feels from a video. Edited by a.zy.lee

It's nice video however it would be nice see you talk about the pen and give your impressions. Also try avoid emulating this type of thing (video below) as this type seems very pretentious and in the case of the video below gives a sense the uploader is only only interested in showing off.. So therefore the uploader in this case is not ultimately offering any benefit to the user.

I'd check out Matt Armstrongs video if you want to see some video with a good balance between photography and insightful commentary

It's nice video however it would be nice see you talk about the pen and give your impressions. Also try avoid emulating this type of thing (video below) as this type seems very pretentious and in the case of the video below gives a sense the uploader is only only interested in showing off.. So therefore the uploader in this case is not ultimately offering any benefit to the user.

I'd check out Matt Armstrongs video if you want to see some video with a good balance between photography and insightful commentary

I wasn't trying to do a review, and I WAS trying to emulate that Nakaya video. This was just for my own fun. I just hoped to provide a viewer some eye-candy.

I wasn't trying to do a review, and I WAS trying to emulate that Nakaya video. This was just for my own fun. I just hoped to provide a viewer some eye-candy.

Fair enough I had the impression there was going to be some some sort of commentary due inclusions of the term review in the title of the post. Personally I just don't like the Nakaya type of video as all it seems to leaves me with is a head ache.

Fair enough I had the impression there was going to be some some sort of commentary due inclusions of the term review in the title of the post. Personally I just don't like the Nakaya type of video as all it seems to leaves me with is a head ache.

I love that video! It shows off the beauty of the pen very well and the guy's handwriting is quite nice. The sound of the nib against paper is very soothing. The video may not benefit the viewer in terms of being helpful, but it's very entertaining! Even for non fountain pen users, judging by the view count. Edited by a.zy.lee