Aristotle - Organics Studio

visvamitra

As most of you know Organics Studio will be coming back with some of their inks. Aristotle didn't make it and won't be resurrected. A pity, because it's quite unique grey, greenish/yellow one.

Sadly I lost Ink Splash of this one. I have like 80-90 reviews to scan. Text is in the Oxford notebook but ink splashes and drops of inks weren't stored as safely and I just can't find them anywhere. So there'll be ink splash / kitchen towel gaps in some of the reviews I'll post. A pity, cause I remember Aristotle splash to look funky. Sample's long gone as the ink itself.

DROPS OF INK ON KITCHEN TOWEL

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/6816/3wRzeg.jpg

SOFTWARE IDENTIFICATION / COLOR RANGE

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/5526/Jmvjrg.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/386/0u50RM.jpg

Oxford Recycled, Kaweco Sport Classic, B

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/953/rhlX4f.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/3987/ZsxRZ6.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/8579/MTDbkm.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/1492/snMMLA.jpg

Comparison

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/8611/rnYo4x.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• visvamitra

• Brian C

• wastelanded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a bottle of Aristotle so that I could add it to my growing collection of ferrogallic inks.

Maybe because I'm not overly fond of grey (or even slightly grey-ish) inks, I found Aristotle disappointing. :(

For me it also did not darken, like all of my other IG inks have: Akkerman #10, MBMB, Salix, Scabiosa, Registrar's & Platinum blue/black. My wide, wet italic nibs brought out Aristotle's ability to shade, but......

If anyone wants a full bottle, I would love to pass it along.

Visvamitra, did your Aristotle darken at all for you, as it oxydized?

Thank you for your usual innovative review. You've brought out the best in this OS Aristotle.

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

I had the same problem with Aristotle that tinta had -- it didn't seem to go black, just grey. Not what I was expecting. OS Blue Merle turned out to be the more color I had been expecting from Aristotle -- now THAT ink I'm hoping to see resurrected -- I didn't get a full bottle of it fast enough.

But thanks for the review of Aristotle nonetheless -- it's as useful to see reviews of inks I *don't* want as it is for ones that I do. A review of an ink I don't like could very easily change my mind -- or at least get a different perspective to consider.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I haven't use my Aristotle for a long ... long time... but I am pretty sure it has a strong blue component. :huh:

I will have to dig my bottle out and tested it ... I'll post swabs tonight.

C.

P.S. Just a thought... could this be Arsenic Grey and NOT Aristotle??

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

@C - you were my dealer ;)

Oops... did I label it wrong??... :unsure: ... I might have given you the good stuff.. instead of the cheap stuff... The "good" stuff is the one that makes you come back for more.... :lol:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I contacted Tyler about this ink once. He told me that it was intended to have a strong blue content but batch came out with the green component mentioned. Any bottle could be blue or green.

I've seen a lot of variety in Aristotle. It can also go bad -- I have a few bad samples that look more like a sepia. And the three bottle I have are each slightly different on the blue/green scale. I've found shaking the bottle to really improve the saturation of the blue component. Also, the ink looks significantly more green under florescent lighting.

Forgot to shake the bottle... but you can still see the blue in this Aristotle.. Added Arsenic grey for comparison.

fpn_1422941191__comp_aristotle.jpg

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I haven't use my Aristotle for a long ... long time... but I am pretty sure it has a strong blue component. :huh:

I will have to dig my bottle out and tested it ... I'll post swabs tonight.

C.

P.S. Just a thought... could this be Arsenic Grey and NOT Aristotle??

I second this. It looks exactly like Arsenic Grey to me.

• 3 months later...

I accepted the bottle of Aristotle that Tinta so kindly offered, and it looks so: quite different from the above results! I quite like it.

post-79707-0-50765500-1433165379_thumb.jpg

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

OK, now I'm confused. I really, really, really do not like the ink in the OPs samples and review. But I do not mind, and could see myself using, the ink in the above sample. wastelanded -- what paper are you using?

OK, now I'm confused. I really, really, really do not like the ink in the OPs samples and review. But I do not mind, and could see myself using, the ink in the above sample. wastelanded -- what paper are you using?

I'm confused too: Vis' samples look nothing like mine. However, I didn't shake the bottle, so maybe that made the difference. And I don't want to shake it now, as I like how it is!

The paper is Staples Sustainable Earth notepad paper. Very thin, maybe 20lb, but there is rarely showthrough and it shows an ink's shading very nicely. I should also add that the scan was several days after writing.

ETA: There are no more bottles of Aristotle to be had, anywhere: I've done an exhaustive search. :( Hopefully someone can prove me wrong on this.

Edited by wastelanded
"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

• 3 months later...

GORGEOUS TREE!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

But that one is nowhere near my color in Aristotle... yours has a strong teal ... :huh:

Oh wow...I did not know there was so much variety between bottles. Here is a tree drawn recently using this ink. What colour was it supposed to be? :huh:

**All my trees are drawn on Stillman & Birn, Zeta paper

21444505679_af5be8a659_b.jpgOrganics Studio ~ Aristotle by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

**** BauerInks.ca ****