Click Pure Crystal Fountain Pen Review: Beauty With Substance

mrmohitmishra

post-110601-0-81103600-1422501033_thumb.jpg

I feel a certain pleasure and pride in introducing and reviewing Click Pure Crystal. For quite some time I have been searching for affordable "made in India" fountain pens, I could recommend to anyone. I guess I have found one more such pen. I have been using this pen for three days and without a glitch.

post-110601-0-00185600-1422501054_thumb.jpg

As you can notice, the pen is fully transparent. The gold-colored clip and cap ring give the pen a classy appeal. Perhaps its me, but the design of the clip is coolest thing about this pen. The clip reminds me of Egypt, Pharaohs and Pyramids. The golden aura of the pen matches with the dual tone nib. Inner rings of the piston look like whirlpools and threads give me a feel of sporadic clouds in an otherwise clear sky. It is a pen I wouldn't be ashamed of carrying. The pen weighs around 14 grams. Which is fairly light. The body is made of transparent resin. The great thing is that there wasn't any of that obnoxious odor of resin, unless the pen was smelled from very close quarters.

20150110_202031.jpg?w=660

2015-01-26-15-18-081.jpg?w=660

2015-01-26-15-18-161.jpg?w=660

I feel that the pen can be fully disassembled, though I couldn't dare to try it. I don't want a blot on this beauty. Close inspection of section also reveals that the pen boasts of a threaded nib unit. Nib is a dual tone one marked with sagacious words,'Iridium Point Germany'. Section ends with a gold ring and immediately the nib starts. The finish of the pen is really good for its price. What startled me is the fact that apparently a good amount of brainstorming has gone in designing this pen. Take for example the fact that the pen comes out in merely two turns. Or the fact that the cap posts very securely. Or the good news that they have made the section substantially thicker than Pilot 78G or the Chelpark Sona or Click Majestic Crystal. Thicker section ensures a comfortable grip and the fact that the pen allows secure posting further permits the pen to be used by hands of every size.

2015-01-26-15-14-181.jpg?w=660

2015-01-26-15-20-381.jpg?w=660

2015-01-26-15-21-541.jpg?w=660

2015-01-26-15-41-051.jpg?w=660

2015-01-26-15-22-251.jpg?w=660

The pen writes an Indian fine. It lays down a smooth and wet line. There is a little drag but my experience suggests that it will go away. The thicker section and smooth transition from body to the section with light weight makes this pen a delight to hold and write with. The piston filler mechanism means that the pen can hold a decent amount of ink that will last far more pages than a cartridge. I was happy to see a plastic finned feed rather than an Ebonite feed. It means that the feed will offer good buffer and there won't be problems of burping and leaking. I used this pen with Click Majestic Crystal which has an ebonite feed. At the end of the day where the Majestic's cap was smeared with ink, the Pure Crystal's cap was as clean as glass. Moreover, I didn't see any cap hole. No drying! That's good!

2015-01-26-15-30-461.jpg?w=660

2015-01-26-15-36-25.jpg?w=660

Overall for a pen that costs less than say 5$ it is a really good value for money. It is in same league with Camlin Elegante and Chelpark Sona and better than many other costlier mass-produced fountain pens. If you want a fine piece of Indian Fountain Penmanship with very little strain on your pocket then gooooooooooo for it!!!

You can find this review and more such reviews on my blog.

Good day!!

Edited by mrmohitmishra

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrmohitmishra

• a_m

• zdeveric

• hari317

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for reviewing the pen Mohit, I have one in a single deluxe packing which I am yet to try out.

Nib is a dual tone one marked with sagacious words,'Iridium Point Germany'.

This is an Indian made nib and Germany is not imprinted unlike some non German nibs of dubious origin.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thank you for reviewing the pen Mohit, I have one in a single deluxe packing which I am yet to try out.

This is an Indian made nib and Germany is not imprinted unlike some non German nibs of dubious origin.

Thanks Hari. I just edited the post to correct the mistake and...umm..welcome :) :)

That clip is quite Aurora-esque if you ask me.

Made by Unique pen Industries at Indore:

http://www.uniquepen.in/

Harsh Gagwani, the owner of this firm is on FPN actually.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I did not realize that PURE CRYSTAL is a plastic resin? I clicked on this link thinking I was going to see an actual Crystal (glass) fountain pen.

I did not realize that PURE CRYSTAL is a plastic resin? I clicked on this link thinking I was going to see an actual Crystal (glass) fountain pen.

:) :)

What a looker! Very similar to my so-far favorite inexpensive piston filler the Oliver, which I'm told hails from the same source. But the cap and especially the clip are better-looking.

Did you really get a box of ten? Enjoy!

I just got a package in, and in looking at the contents, I realize your Click Pure Crystal is the spitting image of my new Click Tulip piston filler - only transparent. Yes, that clip really is something. Glad I have mine!

Edited by mhguda

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

What a looker! Very similar to my so-far favorite inexpensive piston filler the Oliver, which I'm told hails from the same source. But the cap and especially the clip are better-looking.

Did you really get a box of ten? Enjoy!

I just got a package in, and in looking at the contents, I realize your Click Pure Crystal is the spitting image of my new Click Tulip piston filler - only transparent. Yes, that clip really is something. Glad I have mine!

Congrats!!! :) :)

You have to agree though that the ten-pack looks impressive. The single pen had me thinking, oh nice... the two together a bit more... but the ten in their box had me going Wow! where do I find one... and then I opened my envelope... :)

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Flex on a low cost pen? That is very cool. I've been unable to find this pens in stationary stores in Bangalore, maybe time to mail Mr. Harsha on this forum. However, I saw their Click's ebonites (Bamboo and Falcon) and what might be their 114 HTR (I'm not sure if it was this or another one of their demonstrators) in Avenue road.

Reference: http://www.uniquepen.in/project-services/fountain-pens/

@mrmohitmishra, this pen looks very similar to the 'Indus' pen that's about to be released by Fountain Pen Revolution (check out their Facebook page for details) - and by very similar, I mean that it looks pretty much identical! I understand the FPR pens will come with their own line of nibs installed, though - which I find to be pretty smooth writers on the whole.

I haven't been able to find it advertised on the Unique Pens website - so I'm guessing this is a new addition to their line as well?

AFAIK All these similar looking pens are made in same factory at Indore. They are only branded diffetently as per requirement. Click is their home brand.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Very nice review. These pens are really comfortable to use and one can swap in the Pilot nibs into them for some real serious writing.

I put my savings to test

A bit more digging has revealed that the Pure Crystal Fountain Pen is a demonstrator version of the Click Tulip Piston Fountain Pen - available also through ASAPens. And I've confirmed with Kevin (the proprietor of FPR) that Unique Pens are supplying the bodies of his new pens - based on their Tulip design (I'm guessing), but with a few minor modifications, plus a nib and (possibly) a feed sourced from elsewhere. I have two of the FPR pens on my desk - provided to me for free as a 'preview', in return for an impartial review after the FPR Indus has been officially launched.

The pens arrived yesterday, and I've only inked up one of them - the Demonstrator version, with Noodler's Apache Sunset. I have to agree with you, the design and execution is very nice - a cut (or several) above some of the other Indian pens I've tried out over the past 18 months (since I got bitten afresh by the FP bug!). Congratulations on a thorough review of a very nice-looking (and feeling) pen!

Just saw your "smoothness scale". That's lovely and very innovative !

I put my savings to test

Just saw your "smoothness scale". That's lovely and very innovative !

Thank You sir...that means a lot. :D :D :D :D

A bit more digging has revealed that the Pure Crystal Fountain Pen is a demonstrator version of the Click Tulip Piston Fountain Pen - available also through ASAPens. And I've confirmed with Kevin (the proprietor of FPR) that Unique Pens are supplying the bodies of his new pens - based on their Tulip design (I'm guessing), but with a few minor modifications, plus a nib and (possibly) a feed sourced from elsewhere. I have two of the FPR pens on my desk - provided to me for free as a 'preview', in return for an impartial review after the FPR Indus has been officially launched.

The pens arrived yesterday, and I've only inked up one of them - the Demonstrator version, with Noodler's Apache Sunset. I have to agree with you, the design and execution is very nice - a cut (or several) above some of the other Indian pens I've tried out over the past 18 months (since I got bitten afresh by the FP bug!). Congratulations on a thorough review of a very nice-looking (and feeling) pen!

I am looking forward to see your review. I agree that this pen is far better in quality and execution than many other indian made

pens of the same range.

Thank you for your kind words.