Group Buy In India?

mehandiratta

Is it possible to see pics of all the colours? My eyes stopped at the burgundy and I didn't notice there was a blue one too haha

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• a_m

• rishminder

• mhguda

In her post: Buyers can pick from any of the 6 ebonite colors: black, brown, tan, green, burgundy, blue

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

It is burgundy ripple ebonite pen from Ratnamson. They have added quite a few ebonite colors to their line up.

An update on Onyx: 12 confirmed and one tentative.

Most requests were for Schmidt nib units.

Buyers can pick from any of the 6 ebonite colors: black, brown, tan, green, burgundy, blue.

Sent this by PM to Vaibhav Mehandiratta, the organiser of the group buy too.

Please share the images of the colors if possible.... to give people an idea....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

we actually have 12 buyers for ASA Hooded pen ....

and 11 buyers Onyx with schmidt unit....

Can everyone please make them count once again here.... request you to do at earliest...

vaibhav mehandiratta

we actually have 12 buyers for ASA Hooded pen ....

Can everyone please make them count once again here.... request you to do at earliest...

In for the ASA hooded pen...

I am in for two Onyxes, one in burgundy ripple and one in blue ripple, but I do not require the Schmidt nib unless that is the only way the pen will be delivered. Actually, Mesu, if you have the Kim feeds, they would work well with Guider's nibs, I expect. Although I do hope it does not mean the barrel threads have to be increased...?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

In for the ASA hooded pen

@Mesu haven't replied

Dear Vaibhav why don't u simultaneously also start a thread on ASA group buy forum?

http://asapens.in/articles/forums/forum/group-buy-fountain-pens/

So we can post there also & make Mr. S take up the project in right earnest.

Edited by anup

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

If we have 25 takers, the price is Rs.2500 for buyers from India and $48 for International buyers.

This includes the cost of shipping too.

I will post the pics of the colors soon.

@Mesu haven't replied

@anup,

I retire to bed early and wake up early. And most certainly am not online at 3:00 am in the morning :)

Vaibhav,

11 was 3 days ago when I sent the PM. 2 more added since then.

Anyone interested, please send me a PM/email directly. I am consolidating the color preferences and nibs.

Edited by Mesu

There was one effort that I remember, I think in 2013, by member madzaxmax, but this was not specifically targeting Indian members, it was wide open, but there was a group buy of some great Camlin pens. In fact the interest was so great that we overwhelmed the production capacity of Camlin, and they were scrambling for pens from their distributors, in order to meet our demand! (Well the real trouble was everyone wanted the Camlin SD (Signature Design) at a price you couldn't beat.)

I was one of the international members who participated.

Ha! I was not part of that group-buy, but I bought a Camlin SD from FPR. Such a good pen that my first thought, at the top of this thread, was: maybe a group could buy the Camlin SD?

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

In for 2 Hooded ASA pens. Colours to be determined depending on choices available if any.

Only demand, if possible, would like to have 1 with EF nib and 1 with fine nib

-Prasad

Edited by prasadvenkat

I wanted to say that I very much enjoy this thread. I'm curious what the finished hooded ASA-pen will look like and also what color options there will be.

Personally, I don't know if I'd be willing to invest on yet another pen right now..... but my impulse control isn't all that...So. And I'd really like to dive a bit deeper into Indian FPs. I have a Triveni Jr. which I really like, but -designed as such- it feels like the tip of the iceberg, a good entry level offering. There must be more there I'm sure.

So yeah, nudge me just a tad more, than I might be game as well. Oh.

Anyway, curiously expecting updates. Thanks for the involved people's work for this.

In for the ASA hooded pen

@Mesu haven't replied

Dear Vaibhav why don't u simultaneously also start a thread on ASA group buy forum?

http://asapens.in/articles/forums/forum/group-buy-fountain-pens/

So we can post there also & make Mr. S take up the project in right earnest.

Noted....

Its here... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/284720-asa-pens-group-buy-india/

vaibhav mehandiratta

Ha! I was not part of that group-buy, but I bought a Camlin SD from FPR. Such a good pen that my first thought, at the top of this thread, was: maybe a group could buy the Camlin SD?

We surely can do that... i will create a separate thread for that... and will notify you....

if you are intrested in the upcoming pens either Onyx or ASA hooded pen(https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/284720-asa-pens-group-buy-india/)... you are more than welcomed.

vaibhav mehandiratta

Vaibhav,

11 was 3 days ago when I sent the PM. 2 more added since then.

Anyone interested, please send me a PM/email directly. I am consolidating the color preferences and nibs.

Mesu can this be done in single colour blue ebonite? And will it be possible to get a flex nib on it...

Please find the available ebonite colors

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1423812870__2015-02-13_120559-1.png

I don't have flex nibs at the moment. Will revert on the flex nibs availability based on the no of requests.

please post it in separate post that is created for Onyx for dedicated info there....

vaibhav mehandiratta

I also think that let this thread be only for group buy in India announcement with link to dedicated thread

Edited by anup

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

• 1 month later...

Guys lets create a list of wanted pens...

My list is :

1. TWSBI 580 DIAMOND

2. PILOT CAPLESS

3. PILOT CUSTOM 74

4. LAMY 2000

5. PELIKAN CLASSIC 205

6. ASA CRYSTAL

7. RANGA MODEL 5

8. RANGA MODEL 4C

9. NOODLERS AHAB FLEX

Please add if u want any other and then we can vote for one to be group ordered

TWSBI 580 DIAMOND is available for Rs.4,125 ($66) after 25% discount on pensavenue.com. Looks like a good deal.

Edited by civilian