Group Buy In India?

mehandiratta

It just occurred to me ... I've not seen anything like group buy in India.

Massdrop is a big hit abroad.... and great deals are generally available....

Has such thing happened in India? If not why not lets start this .... and give it a try....

Hopefully this will help.....

We can certainly vote for certain items, a fountain pen, pen case, or inks....??

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• a_m

• rishminder

• mhguda

It would be an attractive proposition if international members can participate; it seems a lot of the Indian makers/vendors are not actively pursuing the export market, but being able to get them at sensible prices should be welcomed by many fellow members.

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

@anup sir...

I blv Groupon majorly lists sheaffer pens...

We can start something like that.. Vote for certain fountain pens... Reach the dealer... Nd get the discount

vaibhav mehandiratta

@anup sir...

I blv Groupon majorly lists sheaffer pens...

We can start something like that.. Vote for certain fountain pens... Reach the dealer... Nd get the discount

I am intersested too, indian pen makers are not very eager to sell abroad, and many pen lovers are frusrated in US or europe to be unable to buy them, eventually we have asa pens and fountain pen revolution, but they do not offer the whole range of the indian fountain pen production.

There was one effort that I remember, I think in 2013, by member madzaxmax, but this was not specifically targeting Indian members, it was wide open, but there was a group buy of some great Camlin pens. In fact the interest was so great that we overwhelmed the production capacity of Camlin, and they were scrambling for pens from their distributors, in order to meet our demand! (Well the real trouble was everyone wanted the Camlin SD (Signature Design) at a price you couldn't beat.)

I was one of the international members who participated.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Guys lets create a list of wanted pens...

My list is :

1. TWSBI 580 DIAMOND

2. PILOT CAPLESS

3. PILOT CUSTOM 74

4. LAMY 2000

5. PELIKAN CLASSIC 205

6. ASA CRYSTAL

7. RANGA MODEL 5

8. RANGA MODEL 4C

9. NOODLERS AHAB FLEX

Please add if u want any other and then we can vote for one to be group ordered

vaibhav mehandiratta

I'd like a Ranga 2D made with foot-powered lathe. But depending on price, I could join in with the model 4C and 5. My color of choice for those last two would be glossy black. 2D I'd like one of the mottled ebonites, preferably dark brown.

Guys lets create a list of wanted pens...

My list is :

1. TWSBI 580 DIAMOND

2. PILOT CAPLESS

3. PILOT CUSTOM 74

4. LAMY 2000

5. PELIKAN CLASSIC 205

6. ASA CRYSTAL

7. RANGA MODEL 5

8. RANGA MODEL 4C

9. NOODLERS AHAB FLEX

Please add if u want any other and then we can vote for one to be group ordered

Could not agree more on the list...the top4 for you are in in my top 10 to buys list.

I am also interested to buy a music nib pen.. maybe a sailor 1911 or even a ahab neponset

just got this mailer from ASA pens .. too bad its for international buyers only

Dear Customer Greetings from ASApens

We have been offering the best competitive price to our valued customers. However we have observed that Group Buy have great saving potential for Fountain Pen users. Consequently, we also decided to run Group Buy for two of the most admired pens

1) Shiny Gama Hawk
2) Matt Gama Kuyil

We are offering both the above with JoWo #6 F/M/B nib choice. The usual price with JoWo nib is USD 46. Under Group Buy we are offering the same at USD 35

There need to be minimum 20 participants in each of the Group Buy.

Please remember that this group buy is open only for our International Customers.

just got this mailer from ASA pens .. too bad its for international buyers only

Dear Customer Greetings from ASApens

We have been offering the best competitive price to our valued customers. However we have observed that Group Buy have great saving potential for Fountain Pen users. Consequently, we also decided to run Group Buy for two of the most admired pens

1) Shiny Gama Hawk

2) Matt Gama Kuyil

We are offering both the above with JoWo #6 F/M/B nib choice. The usual price with JoWo nib is USD 46. Under Group Buy we are offering the same at USD 35

There need to be minimum 20 participants in each of the Group Buy.

Please remember that this group buy is open only for our International Customers.

If we compare it with Brahmaputra which is priced at USD 65, this seems to be a pretty good deal. I usually end up using that triple filler as an ED !

Edited by anup

I put my savings to test

It is a good deal. Too bad I already have one of each, and too many other great pens to want another of them - there are not enough hours in the day to use all of them as it is!

Let's create a list of contenders...

And then vote

If u r thinking to get from ASA, why not do it on that site. It seems that it allows users to start and post topics

http://asapens.in/articles/forums/forum/group-buy-fountain-pens/

I put my savings to test

ASA Pens in India (not affiliated, unfortunately) is currently advertising a group buy for two previously not available pens. I am on the list for one of each. I have purchased two different pens from them already, and am pleased enough to want more.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)