What Notepad Or Notebook?

mehandiratta

I recently bought a myPaperclip notebook in the A4 size and the paper is amazingly smooth. It is however pretty expensive and comes in at around ₹280 for 240 plain pages. I have, in the past used the bilt matrix 5 subject books and they're nice too. The bilt executive bond paper is however the cheapest good paper option that I know of.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• hari317

• dinuraj

• rkpai

Hi, try the Italian brand fabriano available through flipkart.

http://www.flipkart.com/fabriano-ecoqua-a4-notebook-spiral-bound/p/itmdhfzzqs9f4bgc?pid=DIADHFZZQS9F4BGC&otracker=reco_pp_personalhistoryFooter_na_na_1

Its absolute value for money product. Try it. You won't regret it.

Its my daily driver for cursive handwriting exercise.

Regards,

Vikas

• 1 month later...

I am currently using following notebooks :

1. myPAPERCLIP executive series : These notebooks are thread sewn soft bound. They have 80gsm paper. They are available in ruled, grid patterns. Unruled notebooks are also available. The paper is very fountain pen friendly, it is cream coloured, smooth(has no texture). However, quality of the paper is inconsistent. Some papers(in the same notebook) are ink-resistive while some are absorbent and may lead to feathering or bleed-through even with finer nibs.

Cost : 245/-

2. Bilt matrix spiral bound : This notebook has 70gsm paper. The paper is fountain pen friendly. It is moderately ink-resistant. However, it is a little toothy/textured for my liking.

Coat :195/-

3. Anupam plush : Anupam is a local brand. They produce good quality journals and diaries. Paper quality (gsm) is unknown. But they have FP friendly paper. It is cream-coloured paper and smoother than bilt. I haven't noticed any bleed-through or feathering so far.

Cost : 395/-

4. JK cedar 100gsm : I bought a ream of 500 sheets and got some of them spiral bound. This may be the best paper I've used so far. As I don't use unruled paper, I'm planning to print and get them hard-bound.

• 1 month later...

I am moving back to India in a few months and had been wondering what to switch to from Rhodia. Thanks for all the excellent suggestions. Are these papers all very FP friendly ?

Dear arunmadhav,

You do not have the need to give up on Rhodia.

You can still continue to use them. Rhodia pads and notebooks are now available in India.

You can either contact the importer or directly or buy them on Flipkart.com or Amazon.in

Best Regards,

AbhimanIntl

• 8 months later...

I like Shipra's A4 Premium Paper Square Book. 50 Sheets. Code No. SS-202. Cannot find it online. At my local stationer, I tell them for the 'architect notebook' and that's how they get it. The grid format can be very handy.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently picked up a few Rubberband notebooks from Mumbai airport. These are the small size twin pack books. They are super for fountain pens as the ink doesn't leak to the other side.

• 2 months later...

I use rubberband notebooks at office daily, but I would not call it fountain pen friendly paper. Almost all the Krishna inks feather.

Fabriano is much better option.

• 3 years later...

Papercraft is good. But anything below extra fine, and it starts getting ugly.

I have written on Paperclip mostly with Pilot Luxor (yeah, it's still my go-to pen) and results are not very good. Definitely not for fountain pen.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:20 AM, balladeer said:

Papercraft is good. But anything below extra fine, and it starts getting ugly.

I have written on Paperclip mostly with Pilot Luxor (yeah, it's still my go-to pen) and results are not very good. Definitely not for fountain pen.

Paperclip has notebooks with different papers right? Some munken polar paper and others. Which one did you use?

1 hour ago, IlikeInksandIcannotlie said:

I believe Ayush paper is the best FP friendly paper in India. Here's the website https://ayushpaper.com/product/notebook-for-fountain-pen/. Both SBRE Brown and Susan Pigott of the Pen Addict found the paper very nice to write on, and it handled ink well.

Agreed. I bought an Ayush dot pad from my local pen store and quickly returned for another 4 pads. Lovely paper for general note taking.