Leaking Rotring 600

Exile

Hi,

A year or two ago I bought a second hand Rotring 600 fountain pen with a fine nib. I LOVE this pen and do all of my creative writing with it. It writes like a dream, isn't too wet, flows perfectly across the page, has a nice weight, everything is perfect. Until about two months ago.

The pen has always had a 'singing nib' that I learned to ignore, but then it seemed to spring a leak just underneath the grip. I always manage to get ink on my hands when I write but I would find the crease in between my thumb and forefinger absolutely black. Similarly, when leaving the pen with the cap on, the inside of the cap would be wet when I took it off.

I sent it off to a repairman and he managed to fix the singing nib but, after several tries, could not fix the leak. He recommended I get a replacement part. However, as many of you will know, the Rotring 600 is no longer in production and replacement parts are extremely rare. I have contacted Rotring themselves and they gave me a list of repair guys, but I wanted to know if any of you wonderful people might know where I can get a replacement part. I've attached a photo to show where the leak is (just above the screw thread).

If anybody can help it would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.

post-119773-0-08180000-1421249947_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Exile

• strawberry

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images